I'm Having Nightmares!! Help!!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mmqv3v0 said:
kobebryant":3mmqv3v0 said:
But hey, if they lose then they lose, one gets over it within half an hour and we continue to live healthy and happy lives. Nothing worth stressing over - it'd be different if we were the actual players.

I'm still not over the 2005 SB loss. I'm still not over the 1983 AFC Championship loss. I'm still not over the 2001 Mariner's loss in the AL Championship. I'm still not over the 1995 Mariner's loss in the AL Championship. I'm still not over the Sonics 1996 NBA Championship loss to the Bulls.

One does not merely just get over losses. They just keep mounting and mounting, slashing another scar on my sports soul.

Dude, sorry that that stuff sticks with you, has to be harsh.

I guess I am always saved by having Lakers championships in the recent memory bank.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Needless to say that your dreams have no predictive value and that any real event that mirrors a dream is pure 100% coincidence.

Unless it's a dream of building a go-kart with your ex-landlord. Those mean something.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the truth of the matter:

We have a hell of a team.

If you endured any of those 2-14 teams you know what I am talking about. If not, years of mediocre play after the SB loss probably means you had higher expectations going into most of the games this year than likely any other. I don't remember a time when going into every single game I felt that we were the favorite to win it.

In fact, the game that I was most nervous about this year (At Carolina), we actually won. Same with the game that gave me the next most amount of concern, (At Texas) which we won in spectacular mutiple-gif troll fashion.

Great teams lose in the playoffs, it happens. This is our best shot but it is by no means not our only shot. And if you have been going to the games you should be soaking everything in, the strength of this team will not last forever but those memories sure will. Regardless of how it all goes down, we had a hell of a year. I thought we were going to have to try to steal the division from SF in SF, but kept the lead the whole way and won it outright.

Those games against are going to be legendary either way, the battles with SF, the comeback against the Texans, the stomping of the Giants in NY....there was a lot to feast on this year.

Don't worry about the parts you cannot control, just enjoy the scenery. We have a very good QB, a great coach, and some key pieces I think we will keep. We will be good for a while. All you can ask is to have a team that is good enough to get a few knocks on the door and I think we have that.

If the ride ends earlier than we had hoped? Screw it, get back in line, buy another ticket and get on the ride again next year. But this train might take a while before it stops anyway.

kearly

Reaction score
Oh goodie, another dream thread. At least when Aros posts some superstitious thread about a Seahawk-looking tree or cloud he at least has a cool picture to share with us.

Btw, bye week teams lose their opening game all the time. We aren't going to win the Super Bowl every year. If we lose, it sucks, but hey, probability in a sample size of one can be a bitch sometimes.

chet380

Reaction score
Being from B.C. and a Canucks and Hawks/Mariners/Sonics fan, there have been way too many COULDA, WOULDA, SHOULDA years, so I refuse to dream about a positive result -- prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

That being said, with the home field locked up, this Hawks team could not be better positioned for a Super Bowl run.

rpmischris

Reaction score
Greenhell":c6cmhlno said:
I had a dream about the Seagals rubbing warm oil all over my thighs.

I had this exact same dream... and then my wife walked in and for some reason she didnt get mad; she joined in. :twisted:

jrod13206

Reaction score
I had a dream I had a million dollars...I woke up I was broke... :cry:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I guess my dream cancelled yours out. I had a very vivid dream we blew out the packers in our first game.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Keep your dreams to yourself, whether they're wet, sad, bad, or ugly... They're only dreams in your mind, a lot of us are winning in our dreams.... Why can't our dreams become true!!! They're better than your's!!! :0190l:

OP
OP
G

gallacher88

Reaction score
Lol. At least it's got sum discussion. Don't mean to be pessimistic. But forgive me am Scottish we have wetter weather than seattle so cut me sum slack :p