Im getting sick of Pete's face.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is fair, and I don't have all of the necessary pieces of probability data to make this an exact science, but it holds that the direct comparison between the probability of an onside recovery and a defensive three-and-out also isn't really what we should be looking at to judge the decision. There's a lot more to consider than that.

I'm just estimating based on what I have available, which is the general range of WP% prior to the onside being made (within 2-3%) and the probability of an onside recovery. Extrapolating from that, I really don't think it was worth defending the one realistic path we had towards a win over taking that chance at making it a real game.

This reasoning, to me, is objective. My reasoning is not a subjective determination based on an agenda to defend Pete Carroll, which is the accusation.
If Ben was so shock by the decision he said he wondered if Pete was even trying to win lol.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is fair, and I don't have all of the necessary pieces of probability data to make this an exact science, but it holds that the direct comparison between the probability of an onside recovery and a defensive three-and-out also isn't really what we should be looking at to judge the decision. There's a lot more to consider than that.

I'm just estimating based on what I have available, which is the general range of WP% prior to the onside being made (within 2-3%) and the probability of an onside recovery. Extrapolating from that, I really don't think it was worth defending the one realistic path we had towards a win over taking that chance at making it a real game.

This reasoning, to me, is objective. My reasoning is not a subjective determination based on an agenda to defend Pete Carroll, which is the accusation.
Yeah. I went over my thinking in the thread late one evening. It doesn’t matter. I’m just a nerd at heart. lol. Multiple opinions are healthy.

I get your consternation at how personal the attacks on Pete are. It’s just fans showing emotion. At the end of the day , you are right though. There won’t be a dry eye in the stadium when he comes back to have his name immortalized.

I’m just ready for change. It’s just life.