I'll Take It, But...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Also with the MVP talk, Lamar still has to play tomorrow, and surpass Russ in overall Touchdowns. It actually amazes me that Russ has played better in more games and he’s suddenly in danger.

If Lamar wins tomorrow, as far as I’m concerned it’s a tie. Maybe not to the NFL fans and media but Russ always had to win going away with it anyway.

Lamar has also proven its a week to week thing. As fans we’re praying he wins MVP, Russ could probably care less. But Lamar’s hot streak has suddenly pushed him up since the Ravens have abused the bad teams. All Russ has to do to win MVP is wait for a bad game from Lamar, and then predictably beat Lamar by 10 touchdowns. That’s what it will take

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
quadsas":3lkctcjr said:
Aros":3lkctcjr said:
Blitzer88":3lkctcjr said:
Well, Russell's numbers would have looked far better had DK come down with that TD pass before the half.
Doesn't get any easier next Monday with the Vikings coming to town. Buckle up boys and girls! Should be an exciting final 5 weeks of the season!

Kirk Cousins will have 400 yards passing and will lose the game by 2 possessions. Sorry for spoilers
your best post today

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2qcaocb2 said:
quadsas":2qcaocb2 said:
Aros":2qcaocb2 said:
Blitzer88":2qcaocb2 said:
Well, Russell's numbers would have looked far better had DK come down with that TD pass before the half.
Doesn't get any easier next Monday with the Vikings coming to town. Buckle up boys and girls! Should be an exciting final 5 weeks of the season!

Kirk Cousins will have 400 yards passing and will lose the game by 2 possessions. Sorry for spoilers
your best post today

Here's the bar...

Low bar

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qvo8btn said:
hawksfansinceday1":1qvo8btn said:
quadsas":1qvo8btn said:
Aros":1qvo8btn said:

your best post today

Here's the bar...

Low bar
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Good sign is when your playing badly and can still come out with a win on the road it shows that your team isn't really bad but can play with issues and can still be successful. We do Ugly better then anyone in the league and do this.

Syncing everyone up and consistency along with getting our health back we could be a terror in the league.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros, don’t get me wrong cause I usually love your posts but screw the MVP award. This team is so resilient it’s scary for the rest of the league. I am getting a better vibe every week and I truly believe we will make some serious noise in the playoffs.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":330eu18l said:
Aros, don’t get me wrong cause I usually love your posts but screw the MVP award. This team is so resilient it’s scary for the rest of the league. I am getting a better vibe every week and I truly believe we will make some serious noise in the playoffs.

The MVP award is as much of a team award as it is an individual one. You need to have a good team to win the award and if Russ wins it, to me that means the Seahawks had a minimum of 13 wins. So I can't say screw the award when it's just individual gravy on really good season. Most of us know where this team is without Russ, so it would be cool for him to get national recognition for it and another notch in his first ballot HOF belt.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1j46f1g9 said:

I agree, the MVP would be nice, but seriously it takes a HUGE backseat to anything else. (including secretly hoping Jackson has a poor game tomorrow night. Screw that, we need a Ravens win).

Also, didnt the Godly Patriots just also win in Philly by almost exactly the same score?

There is no asterisk next to this game. AT ALL.

Great win.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":gncnkfvx said:
kidhawk":gncnkfvx said:
Aros":gncnkfvx said:
Overall, Wilson was disappointing...Much of the offense was disappointing. Just out of synch (outside of Penny who had a career day). Wins are all that matter in the end, but for once can't this team have a decisive blowout? Once? Should have been 24-3 in the first half, easy. Credit to the Eagles D that came to play. Same as our D, who were outstanding.

Imagine the havoc if Clowney was a go today? Wow.

Wilson is really making it difficult on himself to cement the MVP. With that performance he is clearly now 2nd behind Jackson for the award. He needs to step it up big time these final five weeks. But I know, I know, wins are all that matters not MVP trophies. Just was surprised by his lackluster performance today.

I told myself and family I wouldn't get into my usual emotional investment watching a road game due to the broken ribs but that went out the window early, lol. Extra ice packs and meds today.

Ugly or not, it was a 10am road game and totally worth it. GO HAWKS!

Had to expect a bit of an off game for Wilson. He seems to be closer to average on wet days and it had been raining in Philly today

Overall I’m happy. I know what to expect with the offense and the defense impressed me today. We are on the right track. 9-2 and heading for a playoff berth and possibly a bye week.

I provided stats that russ is still good in rain but a drop off from dry games so its noticable.

TBH it's more windy cold days that are his nemesis. Dude relies on a beauty deep ball and that gets harder in these kinds of conditions.

But nonetheless, 8 consecutive winning seasons to start his career. NFL record for a QB. Even when he's off he leads the team to victories.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Defense is starting to light it up, and that bodes well for the Seahawks going down the stretch.
Wilson had a couple of misfires, Carson also had a couple of brain farts, but then again Wilson didn't get a whole lot of help from (Hunt), and Penny didn't even slow down the Defender on that 1 sack.
Here's a funny for y'all ; If Wilson was having an "Off Day" what does that say about Carson Wentz's play?
Al in all, with the numerous questionable calls by the Zebra's today, this game, like the 9rs game two weeks ago, (even with all the miscues), never really did feel like it was going to get away from the Seahawks. :irishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Remember the 05 Hawks, they made it to SBXL because the crappy defense of the first dozen games stepped it up and became an average D by the time the playoffs arrived.

The defense since Diggs arrived has actually looked like a GOOD defense again, not just an Average one.

RW92

Reaction score
Hey a win is all that matters. The only thing I would have changed, is I would have given Tyler the day off. He was playing hurt as you could see and it affected his separation from the DB. Other than that I hope Jaran isn't too hurt.
They will continue to improve on Defense. Need to increase the looks down field to Metcalf, Turner, and Gordon. It will be a heck of finish. Let's just see what happens. Must stay healthy and focused.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'll take it. No "buts" from me. It's hard to be 9-2 in the NFL.

Compared to most here I'm a "glass half full" type of guy though.

niveky

Reaction score
The on field reporter downplayed the wind but Wilson and Wentz both had similar balls get away from them and there was one kick one of the kickers wade that shanked really hard one way when it looked alright at first but still went in somehow. I feel like the eagles brought pressure on wilson probably as well as anyone this year. They got him 6 times and they were on him a lot. Couple that with their secondary finally being healthy and it was a bad combination.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The wind was gusting up to 40 mph...that is what happened on the blown TD pass and the drops didn't help either.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was a W and that is a pretty result for a 10 a.m. road game. I'm not particularly concerned about the O and suspect they just had an off day. If not for the drops by Metcalf and the overthrow by Wilson the score would have been much more of a blowout type W than just a game where there was little doubt the Eagles would ever get back into the game. The D bottled them up all game.

The team convincingly won the game but on O continued to self inflict wounds with dumb turnovers and penalties. Funny but the O took a big step backwards this game, and the D took another big step forward. Even without Clowney there was a solid pass rus.

I'm starting to like what we are seeing from the D which held the Eagles in check all game.

Ugly W? Not so much really but it could have been a more convincing butt kicking, if not for self inflicted wounds . Happy result no doubt b/c the team is 6-0 on the road so far, 3-0 in the Division, and has only 1 conference L after 11 games with a 9-2 record which is tied with all the top teams except SF. They could have the same record after tonight and they'd own the #1 spot in the Division.

I just can't complain about a W. I guess it was pretty ugly but the lipstick of a W cures all.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Blitzer88":5ortghp6 said:

Not trying to start crap but they also looked better if he hit Holister. The wind played a factor.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1rh8izti said:
Remember the 05 Hawks, they made it to SBXL because the crappy defense of the first dozen games stepped it up and became an average D by the time the playoffs arrived.

The defense since Diggs arrived has actually looked like a GOOD defense again, not just an Average one.

I totally believe that Quandre Diggs is ONE of the biggest reasons that the up front Defenders are able to play with a whole lot more abandon.
Receivers aren't able to just run amok with Diggs back there, and Quarterbacks aren't able to just take their time to pick apart a lousy Secondary.
Kudos to Schneider for getting Diggs in a Seahawks Uni when he did, "Timing Is Everything"

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The defense looks more like 2013 the last couple games--relentless pass-rush, stout against the run, ball-hawking secondary, hard-hitting safeties, and screen-sniffing LBers. I like it.

The wind probably wreaked havoc on the long passes, but we made enough of them, and at the important moments (Tyler's, for instance).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":fqi5ie23 said:
The defense looks more like 2013 the last couple games--relentless pass-rush, stout against the run, ball-hawking secondary, hard-hitting safeties, and screen-sniffing LBers. I like it.

The wind probably wreaked havoc on the long passes, but we made enough of them, and at the important moments (Tyler's, for instance).

The offense looks more like 2013, too. :D