I'll say it. We got a little lucky

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":l4fy2dbp said:
Milehighhawk":l4fy2dbp said:
Clearly wasn't a matter of coaching and luck has nothing to do with multiple blown coverage due to lack of continuity at the safety position. The reason it was this close was purely a lack execution in several critical situations.
I disagree, it was both with a healthy amount of each. IMHO we got out coached and out executed in the second half. First half was a much better coached and much better executed. We move on and hopefully the problems and mistakes get fixed.

What coaching mistakes did you see in the 4th quarter?

I saw the defense getting back to attack mode and predictably shut Atlanta down.

Whatever went wrong in the 3rd didnt go wrong in the 4th.....

Seahawker86

Reaction score
treefidy":1q85ewx4 said:
NJSeaHawk":1q85ewx4 said:
Even if Julio gets the call, you still gotta score.

No way you are doing that on ole crazy eyes Thomas.

We would have had the ball on the Seattle 35 with over a minute left.

We would have won.

You got a gift.

Everyone knows it.

Guess what. I. Don't. Care.

Being a seahawks fan I've seen calls after calls not go our way. Ever watch Superbowl 40?

It's about damn time this franchise gets calls their way.

We won the game. We have an easy schedule. You may have just lost a bye week for the playoffs.

This win set the tone for the playoffs moving forward

This was a must win game for both teams and we came out on top in the end. That'd all that matters

IndyHawk

Reaction score
treefidy":2qxopl8v said:
NJSeaHawk":2qxopl8v said:
Even if Julio gets the call, you still gotta score.

No way you are doing that on ole crazy eyes Thomas.

We would have won.

You got a gift.

Everyone knows it.
Time for you to say goodbye till the playoffs.I know your butt hurt and think you deserve the win ect but it's time to move on to your next games forum.We will meet in the playoffs IF your team gets there and we'll see who the FRAUDS are after we have our key defensive guys back that were not in this game.

Rocket

Reaction score
Only a fool says "would have". You can have a could, and a should, but never a would.
Likewise with "everyone", which includes all the planets inhabitants, even starving pygmies in New Guinea. Duh.
Math education is becoming sorely missed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":2o5zqp58 said:
Never want to see a game like that out of Sherman with two blown coverages for TD s and potentially giving up a game losing PI

Nope, Sherman turned and seen the ball coming....He had as much right to go for the catch as Julio.....Y'all got "Gifted" a Loss.....Now live with it, or don't......I don't care one way or the other :p

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm sorry but it took a ll the players on the team to win. Lucky? because of a call? excuse me but do you even watch Seahawk football?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This win being a gift only means that the Falcons made more crucial mistakes than we did. That still means we're the better team.

mrt144

Reaction score
No-calls happen, life goes on, cherish the win, next time maybe we get dinged.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2941m855 said:
One thing is clear our defense blows coverages way too often when Kam isn't out there.
Sherm came close to calling McCray out for the blown coverages, during his post-game interview. Not by name exactly but he did refer to a discontinuity and miscommunication as being the result of Kam's absence.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Posted a separate thread for this but this thread seems to be focused on the (non) PI.

I'm guessing since this is all over ESPN's blog that it will once again be a bit deal. Seems like whenever the Seahawks are aided by a "bad" call the sports world is on the brink of apocalypse. That said, this link should have video to the play.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400874732

Here are my thoughts. It was a Hail Mary type pass into double coverage. If the Falcons want to get that call, they best put a star on their helmets. Certainly that's not fair, but I think the refs only call that a penalty in very rare cases.

Also, watching in real time I can see why the refs didn't throw the flag. I actually thought if anybody interfered, it was Earl but he really wasn't important enough in the contact to warrant a flag. He was, however, blocking the line of site or the ref to see Sherman grab Julio's arm.

So, if it went against the Seahawks, would I be mad? Sure. Would I understand that the call probably wouldn't get made? I would like to think I would.

2_0_6

Reaction score
No Kam, No Clark, Missing Bennet/Willson for 2 quarters...

Ya we are lucky to win, but the Falcons were LUCKY we goofed two special teams chances

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
HawkGA":2f8l6dyb said:
Posted a separate thread for this but this thread seems to be focused on the (non) PI.

I'm guessing since this is all over ESPN's blog that it will once again be a bit deal. Seems like whenever the Seahawks are aided by a "bad" call the sports world is on the brink of apocalypse. That said, this link should have video to the play.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400874732

Here are my thoughts. It was a Hail Mary type pass into double coverage. If the Falcons want to get that call, they best put a star on their helmets. Certainly that's not fair, but I think the refs only call that a penalty in very rare cases.

Also, watching in real time I can see why the refs didn't throw the flag. I actually thought if anybody interfered, it was Earl but he really wasn't important enough in the contact to warrant a flag. He was, however, blocking the line of site or the ref to see Sherman grab Julio's arm.

So, if it went against the Seahawks, would I be mad? Sure. Would I understand that the call probably wouldn't get made? I would like to think I would.

Agree, I doubt any ref even saw the arm grab.

pmedic920

Reaction score
treefidy":97pmactn said:

We would have won.

You got a gift.

Everyone knows it.

Look.

I've already warned you.

You've been given a long leash this week. We welcome fans from opposing teams.
I'd like you stay around but enough is enough.

Figure out a way to fit in, or I'll take you out of the equation.

Your welcome to your opinions but they are not fact.

Be aware of your surroundings, you are in our house.
You will not be allowed to continue down this path.

If you want to talk "shit" we have a place for it. You will get all you can eat in the Shack.
I won't allow you to continue with your current line.
No PMs, no official warnings. This is it.

Ball in your court.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
treefidy":3i8c68p7 said:
Hawkpower":3i8c68p7 said:
You would have won?

You do remember that Matty Ryan was throwing a HAIL MARY because Seattle had punched you in the mouth for 3 straight plays and it was 4th and 10 right?

Seattle was abusing your o line. Next play probably would have been a strip sack and a fumble recovered by Seattle for the win.

See, we can both play this game.

Either way, you lose.

You mean a 35 yard pass into double coverage in which you committed a major infraction which wasn't called?

That's a gift.

Maybe if your team would have so handily taken care of business as many Falcons fans believed, it wouldn't have come down to one play like it did. Maybe if your team didn't crap the bed 3 out of 4 quarters as many Falcons fans are not used to, it wouldn't have come down to one play like it did. Maybe if your team laid down the blow out it was supposed to...

There were plenty of no calls in the game that could have effected a game like that. That's the nature of close scoring games. Anyone who doesn't understand this is an emotional fan and not a rational one.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
pmedic920":1d9xphmc said:
treefidy":1d9xphmc said:

We would have won.

You got a gift.

Everyone knows it.

Look.

I've already warned you.

You've been given a long leash this week. We welcome fans from opposing teams.
I'd like you stay around but enough is enough.

Figure out a way to fit in, or I'll take you out of the equation.

Your welcome to your opinions but they are not fact.

Be aware of your surroundings, you are in our house.
You will not be allowed to continue down this path.

If you want to talk "shit" we have a place for it. You will get all you can eat in the Shack.
I won't allow you to continue with your current line.
No PMs, no official warnings. This is it.

Ball in your court.

Yo! You are in Lake Livingston! Awesome. Im originally from Beaumont but live South of Houston now. Cool to see a fan of another team in Texas as well. Im a Falcons fan. I know. Boo me. But anyways, thumbs up. Wish I was on the lake.

NINEster

Reaction score
Good game.

Overall I didn't sense much favoritism on either side (officiating).

In my opinion, a playoff rematch would be won by the home team.

That was the difference in the Seahawks winning.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know if the refs just sucked this game or let them play.

Cuz ATL's receivers and DBs got away with a few.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NINEster":3riqc00g said:
Good game.

Overall I didn't sense much favoritism on either side (officiating).

In my opinion, a playoff rematch would be won by the home team.

That was the difference in the Seahawks winning.

Had this game been a see saw affair throughout, you may have a valid point.

Atlanta couldnt move the ball for 75% of this game. That's more than just "the home crowd"

Falcons could win a home playoff game, but Seattle is clearly the better team right now.

Latest posts