I'll say it. We got a little lucky

Rob12

Reaction score
treefidy":vzz8r744 said:
FlyingGreg":vzz8r744 said:
treefidy":vzz8r744 said:
FlyingGreg":vzz8r744 said:
We didn't get lucky on the no call on Kearse. Would have been a TD.

You got lucky. That PI was way worse than what they called on Alford...

Incorrect.

Enjoy the loss.

Correct. Gift.

Like he said, enjoy the loss.

Rob12

Reaction score
treefidy":1pxa4vkt said:
sc85sis":1pxa4vkt said:
No. Kearse has his jersey yanked which kept him from scoring a TD. Even. There's no guarantee you win even if Julio makes that catch.

Jersey yanked? Your secondary did that all game. You're whining about a Jersey Yank?

Julio had his entire left arm held down and was spun around by it. Yet, that's comparable...

Enjoy that loss. [emoji1]

davidonmi

Reaction score
if the play was called correctly all around hands to the face on jones offsets with the Pass interference on Sherman. Replay 4th and 10 and we still likely win.
Nothing "lucky" about our hard fought win, unless you consider that int that went off jones' hands luck

253hawk

Reaction score
If anything, Julio is lucky he didn't get called for hands to the face. Because then, Sherman keeps the steps and makes the play cleanly (maybe even picking it off) and then there's no narrative for Falcons fans to claim the game was rigged or that the refs are bad and should be drug out into the street and shot and that it's all a huge hose-job and that nothing bad could have happened on the next down like a bad snap or Ryan getting sacked and fumbling or whatever and they just kick a 50+ yarder no problem, game over. It was all in the bag! :roll:

This is a 100% Grade-A, USDA-certified hands-to-the-face penalty.
UntriedBoringGosling.gif

Zybot

Reaction score
NJlargent":2bs4eb63 said:
Hawkpower":2bs4eb63 said:
NJlargent":2bs4eb63 said:
Once again we won today in spite of coaching

What coaching are you blaming?

Not sure coaching caused the brain farts from our DBs in the 3rd quarter.

Sometimes, players make mistakes.....

This team looked unbeatable in first half and came out in second half looking like 1992. I recognize there were blown coverages but they adjusted well and we did not.
It seemed like the biggest adjustment they made was to throw the ball low to avoid the big hits on the receivers.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":mv105k6k said:
Everyone always remembers the last no-call and not the bunch of no-calls before the last no-call.

My wife and I were talking about this as well....

Funny, all of the false starts they had are not being brought up at all...it was crazy, there were 3 in a row that were more than obvious. Our section was going crazy!

I think this stuff just happens throughout the game and I feel the calls were pretty fair both ways. They let them play....Isn't that what we all truly want? :irishdrinkers:

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawkpower":nd8sjvvk said:
NINEster":nd8sjvvk said:
Good game.

Overall I didn't sense much favoritism on either side (officiating).

In my opinion, a playoff rematch would be won by the home team.

That was the difference in the Seahawks winning.

Had this game been a see saw affair throughout, you may have a valid point.

Atlanta couldnt move the ball for 75% of this game. That's more than just "the home crowd"

Falcons could win a home playoff game, but Seattle is clearly the better team right now.

That's perfectly fine.

But Century Link plays a role in that pass rush being so violent. Every little bit matters.

Back when Niner/Hawk games used to matter, there was a noticeable difference for Kap/Smith throwing the ball in Candlestick versus Century Link.

This pretty much is par for the course for opposing stadiums that get relatively loud, but esp. in Seattle.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Who cares about the playoffs right now? IT'S WEEK 6!

Have you people never watched an NFL season before? There is no way to predict what either team is going to look like in another 12 weeks. We could look like world beaters and the Falcons could look like complete garbage or vice versa. It's pointless to speculate who would win a rematch in the playoffs at this point nor does it matter. It's very likely even if both teams make the playoffs that we won't even see each other.

This is like the Detroit game last year. I'm not going to apologize for winning. I really don't give a shit what the media thinks. We won in a time of the season we typically struggle and we're not 100% at the moment. Everyone crying about it can keep crying. I'll take the W.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
253hawk":mpxafgzc said:
If anything, Julio is lucky he didn't get called for hands to the face. Because then, Sherman keeps the steps and makes the play cleanly (maybe even picking it off) and then there's no narrative for Falcons fans to claim the game was rigged or that the refs are bad and should be drug out into the street and shot and that it's all a huge hose-job and that nothing bad could have happened on the next down like a bad snap or Ryan getting sacked and fumbling or whatever and they just kick a 50+ yarder no problem, game over. It was all in the bag! :roll:

UntriedBoringGosling.gif

Double standards don't make your point valid Falcons fans, as seen above.

This is also why you can never base an entire game on one play, it's an assumptive narrative if this would have happened then this would have been the result etc. Stupid.

sutz

Reaction score
After 40 years of Seahawks football, I have no problem admitting we might have "gotten a little lucky" in a game. Lord knows I've seen my share of bad Seahawks luck over the years. In season, it tends to even out. In the playoffs, it could be determinant. Either way, not much we can do about it beyond whine.

One thing I have learned over the years. Good teams overcome bad luck more often than not. And, perhaps more importantly, good teams take advantage of good luck. We just saw our Seahawks have a near meltdown on the sideline over a couple of blown coverages. But in the end, the very guys who blew those coverages and gave up some cheap TDs went back out on the field and 4-downed the "best" offense in the league. It's what good teams do.

Good game to the Falcons, or good 3rd quarter anyway. ;)

StoneCold

Reaction score
253hawk":9j7x3e18 said:

UntriedBoringGosling.gif

I was feeling like we stole one until I saw this clip. From the stands you miss things.

Thanks!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Here's the thing. If you, as a team, lose a game based on the outcome of one play, then you didn't play well enough to win. Period.

If the Seahawks lost that game based on one call, I would say the same thing. They didn't step on the Falcons' throat when they had the chance.

You want to win? Don't let the game be decided on one play. Otherwise I have no sympathy for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
xgeoff":1zkvohjz said:
Here's the thing. If you, as a team, lose a game based on the outcome of one play, then you didn't play well enough to win. Period.

If the Seahawks lost that game based on one call, I would say the same thing. They didn't step on the Falcons' throat when they had the chance.

You want to win? Don't let the game be decided on one play. Otherwise I have no sympathy for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Perfectly said

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SeaChat

Reaction score
If a ref saw it they would have called it most likely, but its not a red flag reviewable offense and so no flag was thrown and technically no foul occurred. Coming out in the second half Atlanta concluded they couldn't win the ground game against Seattle, and with all the pressure on their QB they weren't able to beat us thru the air either. Bennett had been the biggest pain in their arse, putting the hurt on their QB play after play. In watching game film you'll note that there appeared to be a consious decision to get Bennett out of the game and free up more time for their passing plays to develop. So they started targeting Mikes knee, going low into his knee on almost every play, until they finally managed a direct hit and succeeded in their efforts. Up and until that point in the game they weren't having a whole lot of success to the air, blown coverages or not. Sure the Seahawks messed up a time or two and it hurt us, but Atlanta wouldn't have nearly as much success if Bennett stayed in. By the end of the 3rd the D line had regrouped and were playing well again. The Seahawk offense was playing pretty well throughout, there were a lot of pass interferance plays that arguably should have been called against the Falcon defense that were not and on more than a few occasions prevented us from converting 3rd downs, and even a few offensive pass interference calls that were not called and allowed Atlanta to score. So on the last play of the game I didn't feel much in the way of sympathy for Dan when it wasn't called. Reminds me of the lyrics from that old Beatle's song "instant karmas gonna get you", and it did. Sherman is still the best damn DB in the NFL, and brings an electricity into every game he plays, the Hawks would not be who they are without him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":u0aglkod said:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

SeaChat

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":jife8cny said:
treefidy":jife8cny said:
NJSeaHawk":jife8cny said:
Even if Julio gets the call, you still gotta score.

No way you are doing that on ole crazy eyes Thomas.

We would have had the ball on the Seattle 35 with over a minute left.

We would have won.

You got a gift.

Everyone knows it.

How many points did you guys score in the 4th?

I'm big on reviewing game film, and while I reviewed the last few seconds of the play, I want to thank the other 12 who posted the clip where Julio goes hands to the face of Sherman at the line and pulls him forward right and off balance, if you had your wish and they had been able to challenge the ruling or non ruling on the field in this case, they would have ruled against the Falcon's for that infraction and turned the ball over to Seattle. We didn't get lucky, The Falcon's just came up short, plain and simple. They are a great team, on this day the Seahawks were greater.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The Refs always seem to be in a "no win" situation in these important games. The Falcons will likely receive a letter from the NFL saying they were sorry for the "No call".

I watched this game while in Phoenix at a "none Seahawk" bar. In order for me to watch the game, I had to be outside in the "Smoking Area" in 97° heat! Seahawk fans are scarce down there!