I'll Admit It: We Are A Very Lucky Team

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1giam2md said:
Why can't some Hawk fans just admit we are lucky. There is nothing wrong with it.

Missing a point blank 20 yard field goal is luck.

Last year vs GB had a lot to do with luck.

Sure we control a lot of these outcomes, but without lady luck, we lose most of those games I listed.

As a longtime Seattle fan, I can recognize luck, because most of the times our teams were on the otherside of this conversation.

Seattle is no luckier or not than any other team

AirStrike

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":rj11xg5w said:
Romo fumbling the hold in 2007....

Fail Mary in RW's rookie year vs GB.....

NFCCG last year against GB where we came from way behind.....

Illegal batting vs Detroit.....

And now Blair Walsh this year.....

If you guys don't know, NFL fans call us the luckiest sports team ever. Ask any 49er fan and they will cry for an hour about how we are the luckiest team ever. I will side with them. Nothing wrong with being lucky though :D

Did you watch the Super Bowl last year?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
AirStrike":114zmbgu said:
Hawk-Lock":114zmbgu said:

If you guys don't know, NFL fans call us the luckiest sports team ever. Ask any 49er fan and they will cry for an hour about how we are the luckiest team ever. I will side with them. Nothing wrong with being lucky though :D

Yes, extremely unlucky. But that's one game (obviously a big game though). But we really had no business winning this game, the 2007 Cowboys game, last years NFCCG, etc.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2vdi1uv3 said:
Hawk-Lock":2vdi1uv3 said:

We can make a list equally as long (if not longer) on the other side of the equation as well, so it all evens out :D

Could someone make that list please? I know a few people who need to see it..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2jf3zabd said:
Why can't some Hawk fans just admit we are lucky. There is nothing wrong with it.

Missing a point blank 20 yard field goal is luck.

Last year vs GB had a lot to do with luck.

Sure we control a lot of these outcomes, but without lady luck, we lose most of those games I listed.

As a longtime Seattle fan, I can recognize luck, because most of the times our teams were on the otherside of this conversation.

Because "luck" isn't real

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2xe36509 said:
Hawk-Lock":2xe36509 said:

We can make a list equally as long (if not longer) on the other side of the equation as well, so it all evens out :D
Football gods making up for the 90s

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jnn7zgr said:
XL* alone MORE than balances all of the above listed out, when we win a Lombardi because of piss poor, inept, or rigged officiating, then you'll be spot on.
Spot on. Preach it brother!

Rat

Reaction score
Better teams seem to get more lucky breaks. The Pats get more than anyone.

irocdave

Reaction score
The Hawks got lucky today, no question about it. I really cant understand how anyone who watched the game can say otherwise. Agreed, there's no reason to apologize for it, but it is what it is. The Hawks offense was totally outplayed and normally would have lost this game. The "luck bucket" has to be just about empty after this one.

The offense was atrocious. The only reason the Hawks were in this game was because of the D and the offense not fumbling the ball. RW had a horrible game, over throws, throws off the mark, this just killed the passing game and any continuity on offense. Might just have something to do with the record cold...might have to go back and rub some posters face in a couple of posts in a different thread...

The offense was so bad today the Hawks should have lost this game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":12zm4353 said:
AirStrike":12zm4353 said:
Hawk-Lock":12zm4353 said:

Yes, extremely unlucky. But that's one game (obviously a big game though). But we really had no business winning this game, the 2007 Cowboys game, last years NFCCG, etc.

Why do we have "no business" winning a game where the other team fails to execute?

Isnt that how you lose in the NFL?

Since you listed a whopping three examples to back up this narrative that Seattle is blessed from above, lets take three from the other side:

2 SuperBowl losses with no smiles from above.
The Jets Vinny Testaverde game from 1998

Hawkpower

Reaction score
irocdave":185orhym said:
The Hawks got lucky today, no question about it. I really cant understand how anyone who watched the game can say otherwise. Agreed, there's no reason to apologize for it, but it is what it is. The Hawks were outplayed and normally would have lost this game. The "luck bucket" has to be just about empty after this one.

The offense was atrocious. RW had a horrible game, over throws, throws off the mark, this just killed the passing game and any continuity on offense. Might just have something to do with the record cold...might have to go back and rub some posters face in a couple of posts in a different thread...

The offense was so bad today the Hawks should have lost this game.

Were the Vikings Lucky that Ryan thought he could run for the first down, and thus handing them three points?

Were the Vikings Lucky that it was -6 degrees, and hence evened the playing field by slowing down our passing game?

12thbrah

Reaction score
You play enough big games the bounces will go your way every now and then. The weather was definitely a factor. Russell missed a few deep shots which would have put this game out of reach early.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seahawks were "lucky" but Vikings were not "unlucky", they executed badly. That makes the Seahawks the better team.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3iv27ypn said:
Hawk-Lock":3iv27ypn said:
AirStrike":3iv27ypn said:
Hawk-Lock":3iv27ypn said:

Why do we have "no business" winning a game where the other team fails to execute?

Isnt that how you lose in the NFL?

Since you listed a whopping three examples to back up this narrative that Seattle is blessed from above, lets take three from the other side:

2 SuperBowl losses with no smiles from above.
The Jets Vinny Testaverde game from 1998

The series of events that had to take place in order for us to beat GB last year was luck. If you have those two teams replay that 4th quarter 100 times, GB probably wins at least 98 of those games. Sure there was a ton of skill for us to come back, but the Pack literally did everything wrong too.

IMO luck is when something is very unlikely to happen, happens. We were extremely unlikely to win vs GB last year. We were also very lucky to have Walsh miss that field goal. Walsh was 33 of 34 inside of 30 yards....THAT'S LUCK!

Sealake80

Reaction score
We make our own opportunities to reap the benefits of good luck when it comes and survive bad luck when it comes. like every team

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Why is there such a negative stigma with the word "luck." Some fans on here act like it is a slap in the face. Nothing wrong with being lucky. If anything, it's a good thing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Its also unlikely that a punter will randomly decide to run with a poor snap instead of kicking it, leading to 3 free points.

"Luck" as you call it, goes both ways.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":y3rsgz8w said:
Why is there such a negative stigma with the word "luck." Some fans on here act like it is a slap in the face. Nothing wrong with being lucky. If anything, it's a good thing.

Probably took exception to the misrepresentation of Seattle as some blessed team that gets breaks all the time, when nothing could be further from the truth.