Ifedi playing his best ?

xray

Reaction score
Carroll says Ifedi " playing his best ". I didn't realize how bad my vision has gotten . :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For once we agree, he was clearly better last year. That being said, what's Pete supposed to say? "He really sucks, but we're stuck with him for now." :lol:

But, on to Sunday. Time to get that W

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's all designed to convince other teams to sign him to a big FA contract in the offseason and improve our comp pick position.
Carroll is moving chess pieces, nothing more.

getnasty

Reaction score
Ifedi hasn't been great but i don't think he's been terrible either, which might equate to his best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If five penalties already is "playing his best".......then god help us if he starts playing worse.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33delhip said:
If five penalties already is "playing his best".......then god help us if he starts playing worse.

5 penalties used to be a games work for Ifedi

That's progress.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2gi6gmlx said:
Sgt. Largent":2gi6gmlx said:

5 penalties used to be a games work for Ifedi

That's progress.

That is one low bar.

Dude's terrible, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell we're picking up his 5th year option........and if Fant or Jones could ever stay healthy for an entire training camp Ifedi would already be gone.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Didn't one of the stat providers just declare him as the worst OL in the league or something?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Maybe by "he's playing his best" Pete actually means: "He's playing the best he can" :lol:

BChawkfan

Reaction score
DJrmb":10m377jc said:
Maybe by "he's playing his best" Pete actually means: "He's playing the best he can" :lol:

That would be my take from it

James in PA

Reaction score
Ifedi cannot he trusted. Every time you think he might be starting to turn the corner, he gets a drive-killing holding penalty at the most inopportune moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
It's amazing how they continue to stick with him when Fant and Jones are available.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1178738539036471296[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":2zzdni9y said:
It's amazing how they continue to stick with him when Fant and Jones are available.

Because Jones is playing for Fluker now and if you move Fant to RT then you lose a big chunk of your offensive packages when Fant comes in as a 6th blocker/TE.

Not defending Ifedi, he stinks.......but it's not as simple as taking him out and putting Jones and/or Fant in, as that means other parts of your line and playcalling suffers.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34pyig9a said:
massari":34pyig9a said:

Because Jones is playing for Fluker now and if you move Fant to RT then you lose a big chunk of your offensive packages when Fant comes in as a 6th blocker/TE.

Not defending Ifedi, he stinks.......but it's not as simple as taking him out and putting Jones and/or Fant in, as that means other parts of your line and playcalling suffers.
Fluker has only been out for one week and has started every game.

McGruff

Reaction score
James in PA":3t2hpjri said:
Ifedi cannot he trusted. Every time you think he might be starting to turn the corner, he gets a drive-killing holding penalty at the most inopportune moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious.

When is the most opportune time to get a drive killing holding penalty?

DJrmb

Reaction score
massari":25ijxw4o said:
Sgt. Largent":25ijxw4o said:
massari":25ijxw4o said:

Fluker has only been out for one week

It's also about their overall depth I think. Pocic, Iupati, and Hunt have all been hurt. Britt too was a question for a little bit. They've been so thin they have to play Ifedi I think. When Phil Haynes comes back and as Pocic gets healthy again I could see them tinkering with the idea of moving or benching Ifedi.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Another fricking Cable bust pick. It amazes me how incompetent people continue to thrive in the NFL either as coaches or in the front office. On the other side of the coin these people do need reps to get good at their job. A different sport but Joe Torre coached over 2000 games before getting a playoff win.

But cable is the definition of insanity. He has been doing it a long time and has nothing to show for it. He isn't good. Wouldn't a team be better off taking a chance on an up and comer rather going with a guy who not only doen't improve performance but degrades it?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's due to be replaced at the end of the season as his rookie deal will be done.

I do not believe this player will be re-signed.

Latest posts