If we lose Tate who returns punts?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Second vote here for Christine Michael, he has the extra gear, he's shifty but gets downhill, and he doesn't by any means go down on first contact. Would give him an opportunity to prove he can hold onto the rock too.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
During camp I saw CMike doing punt returns...let's just say it was not pretty. He had a hard time catching the ball.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":9uwhlc79 said:
Robert Turbin, because ball security.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...

Honestly I was always wondering with the size of those guns if he could even securely cradle the ball. Turns out I was right.

OP
OP
T

theascension

Reaction score
Nobody thinking Sherman? Ala prime time?
The lack of a second option in the punt return is for me the most compelling reason to keep Tate. Sure he may not be our best receiver, he can do some pretty stupid things (taunting, running backwards instead of just getting a first down), but he's a versatile player we should be able to keep for a reasonable price.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1tp708qd said:
How hard can it be to catch the ball and then run?

RmiWPuw

Also it's not a punt return but your comment was such a juicy softball that I couldn't help pointing out the Seahawk's, no I mean the LOB's answer to that question! :p

Kamhit2

ZagHawk":1tp708qd said:
XxXdragonXxX":1tp708qd said:
Robert Turbin, because ball security.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...

Honestly I was always wondering with the size of those guns if he could even securely cradle the ball. Turns out I was right.

Because of one inopportune fumble, the first of Turbin's career, all of a sudden he sucks at ball security?! Talk about confirmation bias there with your "always wondering".

That said Turbo's body of work last season showed he's not an explosive returner, nor does he regularly hit the 20. So Turbin shouldn't be returning kicks but ball security is a strength since he has one career fumble on carries and returns.