If the Redskins almost did it..

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Just for the record, the Hawks' recent exploits on Thursday night:

2014: @ Santa Clara
2013: @ Cardinals
2012: @ San Francisco
2011: Philly

They owe us two at home; three in the division.

And no, the season-opener doesn't count for this; that's a whole nother thing. Also, they were @ Dallas in '08 on Thanksgiving, but isn't that different than TNF proper? Also, Seattle hosted the Niners in '06 on Thursday, but that really seems like ancient history at this point.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
We destroyed the Redskins and the Niners barely beat the Redskins, therefore, we will beat the Niners....

I don't know who came up with this formula but it's terrible.

Just expect a fight. Let's see who wants it more.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) SF has the TNF Thanksgiving home game because of their exception request to the NFL. They ignored parking needs and "can't" have TNF besides on holiday as they wont have all the business parking available to them on regular weekdays.

2) I believe the home TNF team should have a road game before to even it up.

3) you can say 2hrs. Last time I travelled it involved packing, getting to and from the airport, sleeping in a hotel etc

It clearly takes away almost 1 day when the opponent is practicing.

None of that matters though. Seahawks is on its way to greatness again and SF is going to keep going towards implosion. We just need SF to play one good game (against Arizona)

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Short week, or no, I like the Seahawks chances in Prime Time, especially since this is in the western time zone.

Today we got our defensive swagga back. Thursday, we add the offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2o9s5gjo said:
The way the Redskins play the 9ers has nothing to do with when we play them. Yes the 9ers have been off this year (like we are a team to talk) but the will be gunning for us. This will be an emotional grudge match especially after the NFC championship game and all the smack talk. They are at home on a short week.

P.S. I think it is ridiculous that we have played there 2-3 years at there house on a short week. Really? That is scheduling absurdity.
You seem to be at a loss for words YoTH, that scheduling is nothing short of complete bullshit.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NJlargent":23u0n3xd said:
If the defense shows up that did today and in week 1, then I think we beat SF big if our offense is palatable. If the defense that shows up is the same defense that showed up in all our other games, then we are losing. Based on what I saw today, there's reason to be optimistic with wags and kam

Not really. Vernon Davis isn't trying, the 49ers offensive line has been rated across the board horrible in pass protection except for Staley, our offense has no sight adjustments, and we don't have a true nose tackle healthy. Not to mention we're trying to replace arguably the two best MLBs in the game with a rookie and a journeyman.

No, if Seattle plays their game they will win by multiple touchdowns.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If the Redkins did not lay an egg. If the Ninners totally quit playing in the second half.
If Jesus was truly Mexican...
One could only imagine....

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1qlfalfv said:
IMO to be an intelligent football fan the first thing that one has to do,,,,, is not use past game scores as a measure of whether the seahawks should win a game or not, or any other team for that matter. Here is an extreme example,, just to show my point. Say we played Oakland next week. Could anyone give credibility to a Raiders fan saying," well Seattle lost to the chiefs and we beat the chiefs so we should beat Seattle."

A+B does not equal C in NFL!

A bit harsh, actually. More times than not, the little factoid you present holds water. But sometimes common sense supersedes little factoids. IE:

If one's point is "if the worst team in the NFL beat this team, the best team should be able to beat that team as well". How can you argue that thought process?

Regardless of personel match-ups, schemes, tendencies, coaching, whatever... an intelligent football fan should have the ability to process such stuff without delving too deeply into the Xs and Os of it all.

"Washington gave SF problems so I think we can to" might be a tad simplistic, but it's also quite sensible.