If the Mariners were in the World Series . . .

HawkGA

Reaction score
and the Seahawks were playing a home Monday Night game, which game would you go to?

The easy answer for me is neither since I'm not local, but I'd definitely be watching the Seahawks on TV. Well, except that I don't have cable . . . but you get the idea.

The Outfield

Reaction score
If I could, the M's game. Hands down.

But it's a tad different for St. Louis since they've been to the world series many times.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We'll probably never have to worry about it.

But World Series trumps regular season football.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
The Outfield":2yhyirnn said:

But it's a tad different for St. Louis since they've been to the world series many times.

Well, in fairness the Rams suck too though so I think a World Series, even if you've been there many times, still trumps a Rams game right now. Back when it was the Greatest Show on Turf, different story perhaps.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawks. I used to like baseball, now I'm not at all interested. But I've always LOVED football, and for me going to a Seahawks Monday night football game is about as likely to happen as the Marinera going to the World Series.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Mariners, just because I don't think there would ever be that opportunity again. If it was say, Game 7 World Series or a Seahawks superbowl, I would go to the superbowl every time.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
In order to discuss a hypothetical it needs to be at least remotely plausible.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
If I was dating a swimsuit model...

Fun hypothetical, but I honestly cannot answer that question because my brain cannot process this as a possibility (Mariners in WS). That's sad.

OrFan

Reaction score
Seahawks. Baseball is a past time, football is a sport worth watching.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well, I don't have ESPN, so it's easy for me to say I'd be watching the World Series. haha

But, if I did, I'd probably be watching the World Series just because I would have been way more interested in the Mariners if they had been good this year. I would switch back and forth between the two games.

In a regular season game, I would pick Seahawks hands-down every time. But World Series is different.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't really have much interest in baseball in general. It's boring.

That being said it would be hard to not go to a championship game for any sport if you had the opportunity and your home town team was in it.

I would probably go to the football game and just figure out a way to go to the other baseball game in the series since there would be at least two played at home.

The Radish

Reaction score
Wouldn't watch the Ms if they were playing in my front yard.

We have a AA team that plays better ball.

:roll:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Live, I 'd go to the World Series, Once in a lifetime opportunity. On TV baseball is soooooo boring. If ut was Hawks vs Niners or Saints Monday night, I think you'd have a split but if it was against a Kellen Clemmens led rams I think a lot of people in Seattle would be on the Mariners bandwagon and be support a sattle team for a chance at a championship.

TCS

Reaction score
I love me some Mariners. With that said, there is nothing that comes remotely close to trumping anything Hawk ball. Hell, I'd rather watch the hawks in a scrimmage (If it was televised) than game 7 of the world series if the M's were in it. Ok, slight exaggeration, but you get the idea...

Go Hawks!

tcs

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Outfield":2uilaa0p said:

I agree. I'm not into baseball, unless the Mariners contend, which is almost never. If, by chance, they got into the Series, I'd have to see that since it's once in a lifetime thing.

Even when the Hawks were terrible, we still got a Monday night game once in a while.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
As a huge M's fan myself, World Series > Regular season NFL. So quickly people forget the glory days of the Mariners and the passion the PNW felt for them, though in fairness a decade of horrible baseball tends to do that