I think we just ruined the niners worst than we thought

SharkHawk

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":1luqcaz4 said:
SharkHawk":1luqcaz4 said:
Yeah, Patrick Willis didn't try to injure Matt Hasselbeck though. We know that. It was a clean hit, and we all knew it was a clean hit. He was trying to prevent a TD. He plays tough D. Why can't they accept that our team plays aggressive and tough D too, and when you do that, injuries will happen. We accept it. It's time for them to do the same. Our team is tougher.

Thank you SharkHawk! That play is in HD in my brain...I thought I was the only one who remembered. Manningham, I hope he isn't seriously injured. The hit by Kam on VD? If Kam was a typically sized safety who hit VD exactly the same way there would be no penalty at all. But, since Kam is of equal size to a TE he gets the flag(s) for a text book, perfect, pulverizing tackle!

Glad you remember SoCal... I agree wholeheartedly. If he had been hit by Jeremy Lane then I don't see a flag. He wasn't a defenseless receiver and he didn't have control of the ball. It was form tackling, knocking a guy out of bounds (the league did away with the force out rule remember, so.... there you go), and he was making sure to jar the ball loose and assure he didn't get his feet down. Totally clean play. The real problem with it was that Kaep hung him out to dry. He was NOT a receiver crossing the middle and getting lit up. Totally clean scenario, and I've had said it if it had happened to Miller or McCoy.

I hope they remember that Willis play on Hass. Many called it dirty. It broke Matt's ribs and messed up his back. But it was almost identical. You're trying to stop a key play and you legally hit the guy hard to prevent a possible score (remember, VD was inside the 5 on this play as was Matt). I felt Willis' hit was legal and he's a clean player, but he was tougher than Matt. I feel in the same way that Kam's play was clean and legal and he's a clean player, and he's just tougher than VD (at least he was on that play!).

Keep on rollin' Hawks.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
whoa guys im not saying "yay we injured them"
im saying the situation now being what it is i think sf is in bad shape going into the playoffs.

key injuries,
scheme exposure,
doubts at quarterback direction,

Twisted

Reaction score
HawkWow":19meaofi said:
Based on his body language in the post presser, I'd say someone should have Harbaugh on suicide watch. Either that or he too should be piss-tested. He was out of it, almost incoherant, LMFAO!

dood man give him a break, we don't know what type of medications he is taking for his heart problems or what kind of side effects they may have on him, clowning around is all good but heart issues are serious and Jim deserves that kind of respect, he just wants to win in this league like everyone else..

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Demoralizing one's opponent is always more effective than injuring them. I don't need to visit a 9er forum to know that and I likely never will.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seeker":ecxh3d3b said:
whoa guys im not saying "yay we injured them"
im saying the situation now being what it is i think sf is in bad shape going into the playoffs.

key injuries,
scheme exposure,
doubts at quarterback direction,
1.> Key injuries= ALL teams at this point in the Season are just a fact of life ,Who's @ fault?, Harbaugh's, he should have his backups tuned and ready to go in an instant's notice....Pete seems to be able to shag out players to come in and put up a decent fight, enough so that the drop off isn't a cliff.

2.> scheme exposure= Harbaugh going to the well too many times, giving the competition a good indicator.

3.> Doubts @ Quarterback direction= poor preparation for getting the O-line up to snuff on how to handle Defenses that are looking in the direction of your scrambling Quarterback....Pete had Russell on a shortend leash until he could acclimate him to Bevels schemes, and tying in with Cables O-line.
Once Wilson showed Pete that he could thrive while under pressure, and slip Defenses, Pete got rid of that tether.

Kaepernick isn't quite as adept at sorting out NFL Defensive schemes as Wilson, but I believe Wilsons height forced him to adapt and speed-read his way to succeeding, where others like Kaepernick have been more naturally dependant on their size to succeed.
RGIII (like Cam Newton) has been using it for several years and he too is trusting his athleticism and size to keep him in contention.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Twisted":3p4f99iw said:
HawkWow":3p4f99iw said:
Based on his body language in the post presser, I'd say someone should have Harbaugh on suicide watch. Either that or he too should be piss-tested. He was out of it, almost incoherant, LMFAO!

dood man give him a break, we don't know what type of medications he is taking for his heart problems or what kind of side effects they may have on him, clowning around is all good but heart issues are serious and Jim deserves that kind of respect, he just wants to win in this league like everyone else..

Yeah, he's just one of the boys trying to make his way. LMAO.
What we witnessed in that interview was nothing more than his crushed ego. He has always been an arrogant SOB and the Hawks prescribed the perfect "medication" for him tonite....a good ass-whuppin. "Jim" can kiss my ass.

Latest posts