I think I've got the solution.....

OLYhawks

Reaction score
No seriously. The next time we want to trade a 1st round pick for anything, ANYTHING!, it'd better be an OL! Not knocking Graham at all, he's played really well for us. I wore his numbers today. It's a glaring need and has been for far, far too long. FIX IT ALREADY!!!!!!!! I could keep the explanation points coming, but I won't. FIX IT!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Agree 100%. As I said in another thread I started, I waited 35 years for a truly elite, franchise QB and he's being wasted behind a shit o-line.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We just are not good at FA evaluation.

Period. Stop doing it.

For every Lynch that works out, we have 6-10 guys that do not and 4+ are guys like Harvin or Graham who never do anything for the team but create a massive sink in salary that guts entire pieces of the team in other areas.

Bringing in FAs, especially pricey FAs (hell even average) rarely works out, even for JS. They are as close to incompetent with FA acquisition as you can imagine (except for the UDFA success which is likely a very different evaluation process)

daketah

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like we use JG, not even as a decoy, so hindsight suggests we could have spent much, much more on OL had we gone a different route. Imagine how Marshawn, Rawls, CM, et al could gash the NFL with the instead-of-Graham crew.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ugl4ylz said:
Honestly, I am ready to panic trade for Joe Thomas right now, which is why JS has this job and not me.

Would the browns take Jimmy? Straight up? Thomas would help this team so much.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7fimycsx said:
Agree 100%. As I said in another thread I started, I waited 35 years for a truly elite, franchise QB and he's being wasted behind a shit o-line.
Could you imagine what R.W. could do if he had the likes of the pass protection & run push of the 2005 Seahawks O-Line?
A good O-Line is way too undervalued by the 2016 brain trust.....You Get What You Pay For.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15cxyoqx said:
We just are not good at FA evaluation.

Period. Stop doing it.

For every Lynch that works out, we have 6-10 guys that do not and 4+ are guys like Harvin or Graham who never do anything for the team but create a massive sink in salary that guts entire pieces of the team in other areas.

Bringing in FAs, especially pricey FAs (hell even average) rarely works out, even for JS. They are as close to incompetent with FA acquisition as you can imagine (except for the UDFA success which is likely a very different evaluation process)

Lynch wasnt a FA and Bennett/Avril disagree with your statement.

Also Graham/Harvin were both trades not FA.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
At this point I'd be fine if they traded a ton of draft choices for quality o-line help within' the draft. Tired of Cable's experiments.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i96edc8 said:
At this point I'd be fine if they traded a ton of draft choices for quality o-line help within' the draft. Tired of Cable's experiments.

They are almost at the point they could sell some picks for established guys at some key positions on the line, it would need to be selective with teams that are good at finding or coaching up O line Talent. I am not saying All Pro's with a big salary, but guys that show themselves to be good and want to become great or are in the depth chart behind someone.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rxcf72ah said:
Me too. I also tired of Cable. He's the one picking these oline guys. Get rid of him and Bevell

A

Anonymous

I hate when we lose, but more of you are here with us to commiserate. When we win, y'all have nothing to log on and vent about.

Weird tradeoff.

I'm of the mind that Jimmy will take time but we haven't used him correctly yet either. Sowell scares the shit out of me. You can't coach stupid.

Latest posts