I missed the game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":27pr3n3o said:
Saw comments about AngryDoug being angry.

Can anyone explain that situation?

Haven’t heard specifics but camera showed him yelling like a madman on the sidelines in the first half. I’m not sure if it was directed at anyone or just venting or something but the nearest guy didn’t seem phased by it

kidhawk

Reaction score
Fade":1vugvaxh said:
HawkGA":1vugvaxh said:
There's a throw Russ makes . . . I believe it's one of the highlights on ESPN's page for the game. Do yourself a favor and go watch it. It's awesome. I believe it was to Marshall, correct?

Correct.

You could not walk the ball out there and hand it to him any better. Amazing throw.

That ball was on a rope and it was classic Russ.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":1pn993ta said:
Saw comments about AngryDoug being angry.

Can anyone explain that situation?
It looked like he was airing a guy out, but I just think he was venting in general about something.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was at the game. The Seahawks looked good. All around. Yeah there were a lot of punts early on both sides but ultimately I was pleased with how we looked overall. We represented well at home. The Cowboys are who I thought they were. Not very good.

kf3339

Reaction score
I only saw the first half. Fell asleep..... yes the first half was that boring.

I will say our defense continues to impress, although the Dallas offensive is putrid.

Not sure what to read into this game other than a win. Good for them.

I will try and catch a replay this week and may make more comments, but plenty others will be able to provide more information.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seattle dictated the game. At one point, the Cowboys had 100 yards well in to the 3rd quarter.
Total team win.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I guess the thing that sounds the most encouraging is, many feel we showed some improvement despite the cowboys not playing well.

Hopefully it’s a solid building block, and becomes a trend that continues.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Felt like part of it was that Hawks made them look bad. Just my opinion, but it's not always that the other team plays like crap. Sometimes you make them look like crap.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":r7s6ysht said:
Felt like part of it was that Hawks made them look bad. Just my opinion, but it's not always that the other team plays like crap. Sometimes you make them look like crap.

There's no doubt that this is true but what posters are saying that the Cowboys stunk or shot themselves in the foot has to do with things like an idiotic 15 yard personal foul that put us in FG range or Elliot stepping out of bounds(I believe he did it on another occasion to nullify another short completion) & taking an easy TD off the board at a critical time.

Our defense played well but had nothing to do with making them look like crap in those instances. They did it to themselves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? Pressure on Dak all day, forcing turnovers, keeping everything in front of them. They certainly had plenty to do with Dallas looking bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
A team that makes less stupid mistakes then the other tends to have an advantage out of the gate, recall how many stupid procedure and off sides and holding penalties have cost us drives and chances in games. We had far less then what we have dealt with in the past yesterday, that's progress and the team making the more mistakes lost.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Few things I felt noteworthy:

1. Defense still getting multiple turnovers per game. Could have been more. After this weekend, we shall see if that holds up. Keenum/Trubisky/Prescott/Rosen is kind of a weak QB group. We have Goff/Carr/Stafford/Rivers/Goff/Rodgers/Newton coming up.

2. Penalties. Seahawks have been pretty solid on penalties this year. 22 called thus far. Only 8 on offense through three games. Only 6 false starts/encroachment penalties. Seems like the club is more dialed in focus wise on that.

3. Good pressure versus a good OL at home. Pass rush is a different beast at home. Conversely, very little to complain about with our OL. Dallas had up to yesterday been extremely capable along the DL. Yesterday they were collectively a non factor.

4. Clearly showed greater will to stick with running game. The rush success rate didn't seem to be greater to start the game than in weeks one and two. But didn't abandon it outright and I think that proved to be a contributing factor.

5. Passing game seemed to be in much better rhythm. Seemed that ball came out on time a lot more. Few negative plays in the passing game.

6. Game felt like Seattle had the game pretty well in hand. That the score was closer than it felt. Very much the opposite of the first two weeks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fade":1skm9psg said:
HawkGA":1skm9psg said:
There's a throw Russ makes . . . I believe it's one of the highlights on ESPN's page for the game. Do yourself a favor and go watch it. It's awesome. I believe it was to Marshall, correct?

Correct.

You could not walk the ball out there and hand it to him any better. Amazing throw.

He had nice bullets to Brown and Lockett, too, for touchdowns. One of his better games.

Makes me wonder if it's partly because he's used to practicing against Kris Richard's defenses.