"I like a defense where I know my gap before the snap."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
My fav quote of the week.

Does anyone know WHO said it? I saw it on youtube 'somewhere'. It was someone defensively on a podcast.

Anyhow - I want to have that put on a T-shirt!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm still super nervous about our DT situation, but I truly believe as long as Bobby stays healthy all year our run defense will drastically improve.

Not only because he's still one of the best run defending MLB's in the league, but he's so good at getting everyone in the right gaps and fits pre-snap. Which was a LOT of the problem last year.

How many times did we see Barton and Brooks shooting the wrong gaps and we got gashed for 15 yards up the middle or through the B-gaps.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm still super nervous about our DT situation, but I truly believe as long as Bobby stays healthy all year our run defense will drastically improve.

Not only because he's still one of the best run defending MLB's in the league, but he's so good at getting everyone in the right gaps and fits pre-snap. Which was a LOT of the problem last year.

How many times did we see Barton and Brooks shooting the wrong gaps and we got gashed for 15 yards up the middle or through the B-gaps.
well, even if they fail on the line - as someone else mentioned - pete likes to build from the back to the front -

I think we've covered for Adams, or the ghost of Adams, or whatever we're trying to do with mr. dead cap.

I still think there's a move or two coming.

In any event - I agree with you. Nice to have the captain back. And unlike Irvin last year - bobby is an ACTUAL leader. I loved bruce coming back - but I didn't agree with him throwing in the towel after about 5 games and basically saying that the rooks didn't 'get it'.

Bobby won't let that stand. IMO. If someone needs discipline - I think we're in much better shape this year.

I still love the phrase. "Like to know my gap before the snap!".