I just cut the cord. Need Help (NFL Related)

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ntuzf4l said:
StaffAmerica74":3ntuzf4l said:
I'm about to do it also. I'll just go to a sports bar when they aren't carried nationally. Direct tv is crazy expensive.

P.S. I used to sell the mobile NFL part of Sunday ticket to my friend for 100 per year so he could watch all the games too.

Lol you're kidding, right ? Going to the sports bar is the most expensive way to watch a game. Trust me, I love to do it, but I'm not capable of watching an entire football game and not drinking beer, especially in a sports bar with a lot of other fans around. I'm sure people can nurse them a lot better than I can, but the average domestic light beer price is around $4 per beer in a bar. I go through a minimum of 5 of those in 4 hours. So that's $20, plus $15 for food, add another $5 if you're being a cheap tipper. $40/week. So Direct TV is $160 a month ? If it's that much, I'd bail too. It's been a few years since I had it, but I remember paying around $75 for the channels I wanted and I usually got Sunday Ticket for free if I threatened to cancel, or you could get it for $200 if you got the early bird special.

This year I'm going to try NFLHD. It's a streaming service by the NFL and it costs $45 for a year. I haven't looked into it, but if it's a subscription based internet service, I'd imagine you can watch the games whenever you want and rewatch old ones.

I just get my laptop, login, hook up my HDMI cable from the computer to the TV, and Bam ! it's right there. I'm sure there's ways to blue tooth it from your phone or tablet but I'm somewhat old school and I prefer to plug things into other things. It's also possible I'm just too lazy to keep up with all the new stuff.

We have 5 nationally televised games this year (along with every preseason game) and even here in Kentucky 3-4 others are likely to be televised so that's at most 8 games this year I'd be at a sports bar were I to go that route (and yes, I've seriously considered it).

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I plan on getting Hulu live. Its 40$ month and gives you all the local Fox and cbs plus espn. No NFL Network but I figure those games out, probably just use the antenna.

PrestonS

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxeX":1w0gzo21 said:
I plan on getting Hulu live. Its 40$ month and gives you a volume pills recommendation all the local Fox and cbs plus espn. No NFL Network but I figure those games out, probably just use the antenna.

I regret cutting the cord now that I've done it. Going to sports bars all the time is too much hassle.

djb28

Reaction score
My kid doesn't have DTV and orders Sunday Ticket from his Playstation4. My dad gives me$200 and uses the streaming app and watches on his PC. You don't need DTV to watch games. We were just thinking of cutting the service also.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I stream NFL Game Pass on my phone and use a Chrome Cast to put it on my tv. The nice thing is, I have been on several road trips and have been able to watch the game on my phone while my wife drives.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
PM me for some details if you'd like. It's surprisingly easy to find a reliable source for NFL games

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2cpnmcv4 said:
Look into PlayStation view it's a awesome streaming and live tv service I cut the cord about a year ago.. I pay 40$ a month for 100+ channels plus a few locals .. NFL network , redzone and ticket is all available thru that service .. I don't think you even need a PlayStation 4 for it either ..

Sunday Ticket is not available on Vue. And local channels are still scarce depending on your market.

Vue is a great service, but if you're wanting to see Seahawk games and do not live in the Seattle market, you're not going to get much out of it there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2lfgd7om said:
Hawks46":2lfgd7om said:
StaffAmerica74":2lfgd7om said:
I'm about to do it also. I'll just go to a sports bar when they aren't carried nationally. Direct tv is crazy expensive.

P.S. I used to sell the mobile NFL part of Sunday ticket to my friend for 100 per year so he could watch all the games too.

Lol you're kidding, right ? Going to the sports bar is the most expensive way to watch a game. Trust me, I love to do it, but I'm not capable of watching an entire football game and not drinking beer, especially in a sports bar with a lot of other fans around. I'm sure people can nurse them a lot better than I can, but the average domestic light beer price is around $4 per beer in a bar. I go through a minimum of 5 of those in 4 hours. So that's $20, plus $15 for food, add another $5 if you're being a cheap tipper. $40/week. So Direct TV is $160 a month ? If it's that much, I'd bail too. It's been a few years since I had it, but I remember paying around $75 for the channels I wanted and I usually got Sunday Ticket for free if I threatened to cancel, or you could get it for $200 if you got the early bird special.

This year I'm going to try NFLHD. It's a streaming service by the NFL and it costs $45 for a year. I haven't looked into it, but if it's a subscription based internet service, I'd imagine you can watch the games whenever you want and rewatch old ones.

I just get my laptop, login, hook up my HDMI cable from the computer to the TV, and Bam ! it's right there. I'm sure there's ways to blue tooth it from your phone or tablet but I'm somewhat old school and I prefer to plug things into other things. It's also possible I'm just too lazy to keep up with all the new stuff.

We have 5 nationally televised games this year (along with every preseason game) and even here in Kentucky 3-4 others are likely to be televised so that's at most 8 games this year I'd be at a sports bar were I to go that route (and yes, I've seriously considered it).

I don't think I've ever been to a sports bar that only had one tv and one game going at the same time. Least I can remember was 4 TV's and most of them had double that, with all the games going on at once.

I just looked it up and nflhdtv.com is Game Pass.

You guys correct me if I'm wrong but it says right on the front page "live and replay games in HD" and "stream live games" so I'm assuming you can watch the live games and also replay they throughout the week. If this is the case, this will work well for me. There's usually some resentment from the wife come Football season as I happily give up 3.5 hours of Family Day to watch the Seahawks every week. Now I can condense it down later and also pause it for my son who just started flag football and show him techniques...etc. Or I can replay it later if we have to go somewhere, and there won't be bitterness on my part.

They're having a special on it for the next 2 days for 29.95. For that price, I'll get it anyways even if I still go to the sports bar a few times.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3qn5ckqo said:

You guys correct me if I'm wrong but it says right on the front page "live and replay games in HD" and "stream live games" so I'm assuming you can watch the live games and also replay they throughout the week. If this is the case, this will work well for me.

They're having a special on it for the next 2 days for 29.95. For that price, I'll get it anyways even if I still go to the sports bar a few times.

Unless they changed something, live streaming was only available to those outside the USA. Inside the USA it was only after the game was completed.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
You can live stream "OUT OF MARKET" games for your area if I understand the system correctly for this year.

Local games can be watched soon after completion.

How they tell what is or is not local to you I have no idea short of using your network address or billing zip code.

NFL Game Pass is IMO a great way to go if you can get it as you get the entire past 5-6 years games for ALL teams all the way up to and including the SB.

Mine is already paid for for this season, money well spent.

GO HAWKS!!!

LolaRox

Reaction score
I'm not sure what NFLHDTV is (I've never heard of it). If it is the same as NFL Game Pass then I agree with KidHawk. In the US, NFL Game Pass does not show NFL regular season games live, however, they do show Preseason games live.

All regular season games are available in 'replay' and can be viewed anytime you want and as often as you want during your subscription - usually July to July. Currently they have games going back to 2009. The rate is $99

Again that is for the US, if you are outside the US, I can't help :p

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks46":1vc6jbnu said:
c_hawkbob":1vc6jbnu said:
Hawks46":1vc6jbnu said:
StaffAmerica74":1vc6jbnu said:

I don't think I've ever been to a sports bar that only had one tv and one game going at the same time. Least I can remember was 4 TV's and most of them had double that, with all the games going on at once.

You guys correct me if I'm wrong but it says right on the front page "live and replay games in HD" and "stream live games" so I'm assuming you can watch the live games and also replay they throughout the week. If this is the case, this will work well for me. There's usually some resentment from the wife come Football season as I happily give up 3.5 hours of Family Day to watch the Seahawks every week. Now I can condense it down later and also pause it for my son who just started flag football and show him techniques...etc. Or I can replay it later if we have to go somewhere, and there won't be bitterness on my part.

I've looked for info on that special and can't find it. Do you have a link you could share?

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seafan":3rcm2et7 said:
Hawks46":3rcm2et7 said:
c_hawkbob":3rcm2et7 said:
Hawks46":3rcm2et7 said:

I've looked for info on that special and can't find it. Do you have a link you could share?

Although NFLHDTV.COM looks exactly like the NFL website, it's not. I don't know if it's a scam per se, but this what I have read:
1) the site's based in the Netherlands, and so 2) it's unaffiliated with the real NFL. 3) The prices seem too good to be true, so they probably are, and 4) The review websites aren't sure it's a scam, but say that it might be.

The year is "on sale" though as previously mentioned. I'd be curious to know if anyone has success. PM me if you do.