I hope no one here was the prick

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
that turned this guy in........ Oh, and I hate HOA's.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20131001/NEWS01/710019936/1018/Flag-flies-in-face-of-rules

SNOHOMISH -- Dale Carlson doesn't know if flying his 12th man flag helps the Seattle Seahawks win, but he doesn't like to take any chances.
He raised it on Sunday and the team staged an astonishing, come-from-behind 23-20 overtime win against the Houston Texans.
Last season, he flew it every day while the Seahawks were in the playoffs, he said -- until he was told that flying the flag without permission from his homeowners association was a violation of its rules.

"I had to remove it and took it down, and the following week they lost that game," Carlson said, referring to Seattle's playoff game in Atlanta in January.
On other days, Carlson, a 48-year-old commercial fisherman, has flown an American flag in front of his home between Snohomish and Mill Creek.

.........His next door neighbor, Michael Kinzer, said Carlson puts the flagpole on the property line in front of the two homes.
"I think he's over the top. It's a nuisance," said Kinzer, who added that he hasn't spoken to Carlson about the flags.

bilde

nategreat

Reaction score
It's a nuisance? Yeah, find something else to complain about, you stuck-up rich prick. It's a flag. And not even a confederate flag or anything bad, at that.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Noooo! We're gonna lose if they don't let him raise it on game days.

themunn

Reaction score
it's a few hours a few times a year
what a loser

TwilightError

Reaction score
nategreat":2vffhbeu said:
It's a nuisance? Yeah, find something else to complain about, you stuck-up rich prick. It's a flag. And not even a confederate flag or anything bad, at that.

:lol: Those were my thoughts as well. Come on, you have no life if you need to whine about something like this. We all have had a ridiculous whiny neighbour like that, who should just mind his/her own business.

Smellyman

Reaction score
poor Michael Kinzer, knowing people...he just rattled a beehive.

be nice people

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So the guy filed with the HOA without even speaking to his own next door neighbor about the issue? That statement is verry telling about the guys character.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
What a Douche Bag... I hate Homeowners Associations, glad we don't have one... I have my Seahawks flags flying, and my neighbor has his Raiders flags flying, plus Trojan Flags, and I have BSU Flags...Throughout my neighborhood in Boise, there's a number of different people showing their colors and favorite teams... Of course the only one that matters is flying at our house!!! But, we all get along and respect one another... :thirishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You gotta' be fricken kidding me?? Nothing better to do than complain about a flag. I can't stand stuck up, busy body neighbors. I have a neighbor who is the gossip neighbor etc. However, he knows better than to tell me I can't put up a flag. But, I wouldn't put it past him to do the exact same thing as this punk. What a joke.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Sucks for him! Never buy into a condo or a PUD imo, if you can't tell your neighbor to pound sand and call the cops - its not worth paying taxes on.

Jiggy

Reaction score
I long for the day when my biggest problem is my neighbor putting up a flag for a few hours a week!

Freaking uptight <insert your own age appropriate term here>

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
why doesn't the guy just move it off the property line so his neighbor doesn't have a leg to stand on?

Just because we all love the Seahawks doesnt mean that others do. I wouldnt fly a flag on my property line that forces my neighbor to have to look at it each time he looks out his front window.

Move the flag over to the middle of your property and I bet nobody complains, and I bet the HOA doesnt step in.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":22fkpji7 said:
So the guy filed with the HOA without even speaking to his own next door neighbor about the issue? That statement is verry telling about the guys character.

Did any of you read the article?

"His next door neighbor, Michael Kinzer, said Carlson puts the flagpole on the property line in front of the two homes.
"I think he's over the top. It's a nuisance," said Kinzer, who added that he hasn't spoken to Carlson about the flags.
Kinzer stressed that he did not complain to the homeowners association and doesn't know who might have done so.
He said he'd have no problem with the flags if Carlson were to mount the pole on the far side of his driveway, away from the property line.
"I'm a Seahawks fan, too," Kinzer said."

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":t0yhf640 said:
brimsalabim":t0yhf640 said:

Did any of you read the article?

"His next door neighbor, Michael Kinzer, said Carlson puts the flagpole on the property line in front of the two homes.
Kinzer stressed that he did not complain to the homeowners association and doesn't know who might have done so.
He said he'd have no problem with the flags if Carlson were to mount the pole on the far side of his driveway, away from the property line.
"I'm a Seahawks fan, too," Kinzer said."
I didn't. Was it worth the read? Guy sounds like a classic snitch from the snippet you took.

Oh they're a nuisance. Admits never talked to neighbor about it, then swears he didn't nark. Oh yeah I'm a hawks fan too.

Latest posts