I have a feeling we end up with Debo

Rat

Reaction score
They could trade him to us and we're still not a threat to them. I'm fine not pursuing Percy Harvin II anyway.

sutz

Reaction score
I can't imagine why. Give the big WR bucks to Metcalf. He's our guy. He says he wants to be here, even post Wilson leaving. Why take on another diva WR that would make the WR over crowded. I could see drafting WR for depth, but trading for Deebo makes no sense to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Niners want a top 10 pick for Deebo, and while we have one WR is our strongest position group on the entire roster.

So I have no idea why we'd trade the #9 pick for disgruntled WR who's mad his team isn't going to give him 25M a year in a big contract extension.

AND btw, a big "and" who just made it public that he doesn't want to line up in the backfield anymore because he doesn't want to get hurt.

No thanks, we already have a WR we might not want to give 25M to, why on earth would we trade away #9 to obtain another.

nanomoz

Reaction score
You might be the sort of person who shouldn't trust their gut. :)

There's too many other, more reasonable destinations, I think.

mikeak

Reaction score
The Niners want a top 10 pick for Deebo, and while we have one WR is our strongest position group on the entire roster.

So I have no idea why we'd trade the #9 pick for disgruntled WR who's mad his team isn't going to give him 25M a year in a big contract extension.

AND btw, a big "and" who just made it public that he doesn't want to line up in the backfield anymore because he doesn't want to get hurt.

No thanks, we already have a WR we might not want to give 25M to, why on earth would we trade away #9 to obtain another.
Yes trading for a disgruntled player wanting a bunch more money isn't something Seattle would ever do.....

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
While I would love Deebo I highly doubt this scenario would ever play out. Seattle is in a rebuild but their receivers are all elite. Deebo isn't an elite receiver he's a wide back. Wide backs aren't worth much in terms of draft value. If the Jets offered them a first they would be stupid not to accept

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yes trading for a disgruntled player wanting a bunch more money isn't something Seattle would ever do.....
HA!

Ya, the Jamal Adams trade is the gift that keeps on fisting my chapped manhole.

toffee

Reaction score

Nailed it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would be pretty tough to understand.

A WR who is exceptional, if not extraordinary, at the very thing that he knows he shouldn't be doing for his health and career longevity.

The reason to get him would be to get him to do the thing he would NOT want to do. Not sure he is that great at the other stuff.

But if I can see a team making a nonsensical trade for a disgruntled player that doesn't fit our playstyle? Absolutely we would be near the top of that very short list. We have a history of strange trades like this.

It makes no sense for us to make a trade like this but these are the kind of moves we love to make.

Hoping no.

griffin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Still don't understand what Deebo could possibly want more than what SF has done for him?!?! Not complaining that he is possibly out of our division, but sure seems that the niners let him do everything. Is it $??

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers would never trade him in the division, heck maybe not in the same conference

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Why not 94?

If the 49ers are worried about him being effective against them or coming back to bite them - wouldn't it make perfect sense to trade him to a franchise that has a fairly good history in squandering WR and TE talent, underutilizing TEs, and frankly focusing on the run game in some dying attempt to prove running the ball is still relevant to winning anything in the playoffs of note?

ESPECIALLY a franchise that tends to overpay on trades and doesn't have any kind of a threat at QB? The chances that Deebo even meets you in the playoffs become minuscule at the point, but even if you did - they would pass to him 3x maybe, though admittedly in those crazy Rex Grossman-esque bomb attempts....

The Seahawks should be the dream option for the 49ers, they should be salivating at the prospect of getting us to overpay a king's ransom for a WR we will likely comically underutilize. (Trade us Kittle and I guarantee you 5/6 of the rest of his playing career will be using him as a blocker.)

Rat

Reaction score
Still don't understand what Deebo could possibly want more than what SF has done for him?!?! Not complaining that he is possibly out of our division, but sure seems that the niners let him do everything. Is it $??
He wants to be closer to his South Carolina home. Moving from San Francisco to Seattle makes sense in that regard.

Latest posts