Hydration

Chawker

Reaction score
Watching the Dallas, Buccs game last night there were a few players, mainly in the third quarter that went down due the cramping issues. Now, I know the differants between Tampa bay and Indy, yet teams can over look simple things like this which lead to players missing time on the field due to I.V.s.

I hope that our playes hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. This is a simple thing that can be easily over looked by our guys.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's not just hydration, it's also salt; preventing a sodium imbalance. (Remember the radio station that ran a contest for a free Nintento Wii or whatever it was, and a woman died from a water-drinking contest?) When I go for a serious bike ride, I bring a pickle juice shot (Google it) with me for this reason.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Eating packets of mustard relieve leg cramps too.(Google it)

Players do it on the bench during hockey games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pickle juice and mustard packets are the 2 “go to’s” for the athletes I know.
Good call on both.

253hawk

Reaction score
Bananas may have saved us all from having to hear about 19-0 (Giants/Pats vol.1). Everyone was cramping up in that stupid AZ stadium (hey let's water the hell out of the sod outside and then bring it in and play with the roof closed) and the Giants trainers brought some boxes of bananas to the sideline in the second half.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I squirt mustard into pickle juice and mix it together. I do such intense training that when I cramp I can't risk just using one or the other.

Latest posts