How many do we drop before fair weather fans start bailing?

How many do we drop before fair weather fans start bailing?

Votes: 22 44.0%

Votes: 9 18.0%

Votes: 5 10.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 8 16.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
The money is shared across the league, fans who just follow the next big thing are a pain in the ass, they don't know the team and they don't know the feeling of the lows and the highs of a fan that's invested. They enjoy the success on a social level which I think is different.

Fans of the team are different then fans of the league I think.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
chris98251":3uekm9oz said:
The money is shared across the league, fans who just follow the next big thing are a pain in the ass, they don't know the team and they don't know the feeling of the lows and the highs of a fan that's invested. They enjoy the success on a social level which I think is different.

Fair assessment. One other thing I have heard, but haven't experienced, is that as our success grew, the crowd got mellower. Rich folks hopping on and couldn't or wouldn't quite scream as loud. I'm on the east side of the state, and the last game I was at was a preseason in the UW stadium. Been looking to go, but with 3 kids, my wife and I and the travel costs, hard to justify money in the thousands to go to a single football game.

Personally though, I could care less if someone likes the team based on wins or not, doesn't change or alter my fandom.

chris98251

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3g78t2g3 said:
chris98251":3g78t2g3 said:

Fair assessment. One other thing I have heard, but haven't experienced, is that as our success grew, the crowd got mellower. Rich folks hopping on and couldn't or wouldn't quite scream as loud. I'm on the east side of the state, and the last game I was at was a preseason in the UW stadium. Been looking to go, but with 3 kids, my wife and I and the travel costs, hard to justify money in the thousands to go to a single football game.

Personally though, I could care less if someone likes the team based on wins or not, doesn't change or alter my fandom.

All you have to do is look at the Sonic situation and the current Mariner one. a handful of prominent peoppe stoof up for the Sonics and went public, Balmer and a few other well to do's tried to save it. Politics screwed it up and when public opinion or voters in districts complained they switched sides. Yes the Mariners, Port, and Times had something to do with it. No take the Mariners, they are having a decent season and looking at a wild card chance, Mariners and Times promote a 180 million renovation, Some Politicians get behind it, as soon as public opinion raises a negative stance they back track, and these people back tracked within a day or two, they were the ones that pushed it initially to the public. Thats the fair weather mentality of the social circle that buys the suites and seats that have the better views. I would bet that many have suites at Safeco right now and had them at the Key when things were going well.

NINEster

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3s4ynol8 said:
Here's the first 5 games:
@DEN
@CHI
Cowboys
@ARI
Rams

What do you think? IMO, The bandwagon is still rolling after 5 weeks...

Tough defenses those first five weeks.

SB48 rematch - it will not be easy for most visiting teams, and the pain is still there.

Chicago - Fangio always knew how to limit Wilson, so long as he doesn't have a kneeling QB stinking up the joint it will be a good game.

Cowboys - Marinelli also knows Wilson well. Maybe even better than Fangio despite the lack of games played...

Cardinals & Rams - NFC West.

The good news is that the offenses on those teams don't scare too hard except maybe Cowboys and Rams.

Cardinals with Rosen a wildcard.