How Do We NOT Want The 49ers Here??????

warden

Reaction score
You can't be the best if you can't beat the best. IMO, the 49ers are the second best team in the NFC. So I would love to kick their a$$ one more time but I would prefer to do it in the NFC Championship game.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Whoever they put in front of the Hawks is fine with me. I predict Niners first, then Carolina.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
I started the thread 4 wins with this comment, it only drew 5 replies.

Keeping it simple

Win Sunday the 29th or 49ers lose - two more at Clink(one Jan 11 or 12 and one Jan 19) and one at Met Life on Feb 2.

Othewise 3 on the road(Jan 4 or 5, Jan 11 or 12, and Jan 19) and one at met Life Feb 2.

It is now 3 wins(Jan 11 135PM at Clink; Jan 19 I will jump ahead and presume 440PM at Clink) and Met Life Feb 2.

Does it really matter who gets to watch as long as the Halas trophy is hoisted at Clink and Lombardi trophy at Met Life?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Todd, wouldn't you rather play the role of the 90s Cowboys and have the 49ers come here for the NFCCG, so we can be the ones to stop them just short of reaching the Super Bowl?

That's what I'd prefer. The tears are more bitter that way, you know.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Like...if we were guaranteed to win, obviously I'd rather play the Niners than anyone else. But the Niners are probably the biggest threat to be able to come in and beat us. It's all about winning the Super Bowl. If we win the Super Bowl, nobody's going to look back and think "man, I'm just disappointed that we didn't get to play the 49ers in the playoffs..."

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Like...if we were guaranteed to win, obviously I'd rather play the Niners than anyone else. But the Niners are probably the biggest threat to be able to come in and beat us. It's all about winning the Super Bowl. If we win the Super Bowl, nobody's going to look back and think "man, I'm just disappointed that we didn't get to play the 49ers in the playoffs..."

Could not have said it better; great minds think alike.

getnasty

Reaction score
Brees and Rodgers worry more then anybody else in the NFC. I'm with you we have the Niners number here. In a perfect world I'll take SF this week followed by Carolina.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not at all invested in facing SF again. I don't care who we play as long as the defense brings it, the offense gets working, and the team limits stupid penalties. If they do that, there's not a team in the league that beats them, especially in Seattle.

With that said, the teams that have given Seattle a tough go this year aren't the teams with explosive offenses, but those with stifling defenses. Both Rams games saw our offense struggle. The road game against SF, last week's debacle against Arizona... our division is brutal when it comes to defense.

So I guess if I'm looking for the Seahawks to have the best shot to make it to the SB, then I want them facing the Saints, Eagles, or Packers - teams with questionable to downright bad defenses. I have confidence in our defense shutting down ANY opponent's offense, but I don't have full confidence in our offense producing against tough defensive fronts like SF or Carolina.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we play, although starting off with the Saints would be nice. Best matchup for the Hawks no doubt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd rather see them lose before they get here. It's not because they have the best chance to beat us (they do).

I just don't want to hear stupid Whiner fans going off about how we cheat at home with the noise, and the fact that they've made 3 NFCCG in a row, with one SB appearance.

I think it's much more disappointing if they lose in the first round to GB. They've had GB's number. I'd also like to see GB here so we can crush them and put all the Fail Mary crap to bed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think our offense could do with playing a couple teams who havent game planned for us 4 times over the last two years. Its fair to say the the NFC West teams all have similar defensive philosophies, all intent on stopping the likes of Wilson and Kaep and strong running games.

For pure entertainment and enjoyment, i'd love to beat them. I'd be happy to invite the Saints or Packers in though

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm with you Aro's... I can't stand Kaeperdick and the Pompous Ass Head Coach... I'd love to see them crying in their towels on our field... Especially when Miz Hawk and I will be present in the Stadium... But, whoever we play, there will be great satisfaction with a beatdown win!!! I"M SO JACKED!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Will I

Reaction score
As good of a feeling that a win over SF would be, it would feel twice as bad to have them send us packing. And I think they have the best chance of beating us of because of the familiarity due to being division opponents, coupled with their Defense.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
A 49ers' loss is sweet no matter who gives it to them. It's not like the tears aren't going to stream, and the blame game won't start.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The 9ers D would give us a heck of a lot more trouble than GB would. I'm not worried about any offense putting up a ton of points at C-Link, but the SF and Car defense's both worry me. I'd rather see our division rival go out in the first round, and have the pack come to town.

Rocket

Reaction score
It's better to see the Niners get popped in the first round... it shows they're just an afterthought.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":30e6kpau said:
The 9ers D would give us a heck of a lot more trouble than GB would. I'm not worried about any offense putting up a ton of points at C-Link, but the SF and Car defense's both worry me. I'd rather see our division rival go out in the first round, and have the pack come to town.

Wholeheartedly agree! Hawks need a D that they can move the ball against and give RW a confidence boost. The Hawks D, while not totally shutting down GB or NO, can at least keep them under relative control.

With that said, if you go for meltdown potential and anti-clutch we'd want Kaep or Newton (down the road). Brees and Rodgers are far too calm, collected, been in this before types. No easy games from here on out. but I think a staunch D makes life miserable for the Hawks. Every option is a pick your poison type.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Carolina concerns me more than any other team right now. Personally I don't think the Whiners are going to get past the Packers. Still we gotta play who's ever in front of us. At OUR house. Awesome.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1kfk65u7 said:
Carolina concerns me more than any other team right now. Personally I don't think the Whiners are going to get past the Packers. Still we gotta play who's ever in front of us. At OUR house. Awesome.

While I'd love to see the Packers take down the Niners, have you seen the last two games those teams have played against each other?

Some teams just match up really well against other teams. I think the 49ers are Packer-kryptonite.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.