How deep in Free Agency will Hawks look?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3pftj9gd said:
HawkFan72":3pftj9gd said:
Davis would actually be a nice signing for the right price. His numbers this year have more to do with the 49ers Offense than him losing his talent.

I heard he will sign for vet minimum as long as Kam gives him his soul back.

No, he will sign here for the CHANCE that he gets his soul back. Kam will give him the mason jar, if and only if, Vernon has a 10 TD season. Got to keep him playing for something.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I know we need help every where on offense but it's hard not to think about the impact Suh would have here.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Rob12":3u7s9117 said:
Pie Romania":3u7s9117 said:
Dream: Suh & Bryant on VERY front loaded contracts with Wilson & Wags on extensions that keep the last year of their rookie deals the same & good sized signing bonuses so they're content with the cash in hand from that. No impact on their salary cap figures and when their contracts jump up, Suh & Bryant's drop significantly.

Realistic: Probably pretty quiet. I could see a veteran who doesn't cost too much to help along the O-Line. Could also see a Tight End like re-signing Anthony McCoy on a 1 year deal or maybe Jordan Cameron if teams are worried about his concussions.

McCoy is the Seahawks version of Franklin Gutierrez. No thanks...

Didn't say it's what I wanted....said it's in my opinion that it happens. I've hated McCoy since 2012 when his drops were constant and there was one drop in particular where he was laughing after it that has cemented my opinion of him. He's a walking injury though, so there's a good chance Seattle doesn't even offer him a deal. I'd rather address the TE position in the draft with a guy like Maxx Williams, but only if O-Line and WR have already been addressed or have nothing available at our spot. There are some mid round guys I like at TE too though which is probably where they'll take one (4th-5th) since we have some compensatory picks coming.

With the talent available in both free agency and the draft, I'd rather focus on the defense in free agency and add a piece or two (ideally Suh and maybe a depth guy to rotate in at D-Line or Linebacker). Thurmond on a cheap deal wouldn't upset me either, but he's another injury risk. Go into the draft ready to stock up on O-Line and weapons for the offense.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
The hawks need to focus on the draft. It should be a goal of Schneider's that every expensive player can be traded/released/pressured into a paycut prior to their final season.

Even with the salary cap going up they can't afford to pay EVERYONE and fix their holes via FA. The hawks built their success through the draft, and if they want to continue being successful they need more drafts like their first 3 and less like their last 2.

Seahawks won't be major players in FA if they're smart.

drdiags

Reaction score
I always think they won't and they turn around and do. I would love it if they could get a Cobb type WR but I just don't trust them with WRs.

If they are about to give Wilson major bank, conventional wisdom (which they never follow) says they have to start putting an emphasis on building the team around him and expand their passing game.

Just no one is foolish enough to let a Cobb or Dez Bryant hit the market. This team needs a Dez, Julio, AJ Green, CJohnson type WR. Kearse cannot be the starter next year, just can't be.

Would they look to the OL in FA? They need to hit on a majority of their draft picks because paying their core makes it tougher to bring in high-priced FAs and I for one am fine with that. Suh is a nice dream but that would put too much investment into the Defense, in my opinion.

We will see though, this FO always surprises me.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I think that, in free agency, we should pay the 9ers to hire Rex from the Jets. They mentioned on the game today that he was likely to be cut loose after this year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
McGruff":1uaabr05 said:
Hawks46":1uaabr05 said:
Hasselbeck":1uaabr05 said:
P.S. Wild prediction...

Vernon Davis will be a Seahawk in 2015.

:stirthepot:

You know it's really funny, but I had that same thought. I was thinking that Davis might be tired of getting his ass kicked by Kam, might be tired of the locker room crap with Harbaugh, and might be tired of not having a QB to throw to him.

I could see this. Is Davis a good enough blocker to survive on this team ?

Um . . . Davis is on of the best blocking TE's in the game.

ANd I get the feeling he would love to play here. He was one of the few 49ers players that have been consistently complimentary of the Seahawks organization. I think he fits us perfectly.

Baldwin blocks better than Davis. Davis is an excellent ball catcher, knows how to use his size (plays like a bigger Boldin) and while I respect that part of his game, he will disappear after the big hit. If I were Vern, I'd be asking my agent to get me out of the NFCW.

chet380

Reaction score
McGruff":1gjb6voy said:
Hawks46":1gjb6voy said:
Hasselbeck":1gjb6voy said:
P.S. Wild prediction...

Vernon Davis will be a Seahawk in 2015.

:stirthepot:

You know it's really funny, but I had that same thought. I was thinking that Davis might be tired of getting his ass kicked by Kam, might be tired of the locker room crap with Harbaugh, and might be tired of not having a QB to throw to him.

I could see this. Is Davis a good enough blocker to survive on this team ?

Um . . . Davis is on of the best blocking TE's in the game.

ANd I get the feeling he would love to play here. He was one of the few 49ers players that have been consistently complimentary of the Seahawks organization. I think he fits us perfectly.

Two years ago, it was repeatedly stated that Davis was the fastest 49er.

If he is not suffering from some long-term injury, what an addition he would be!