OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":kk1jtb33 said:
On a list led by a CORNERBACK.

QBR is such a wonky statistic

My intent was not to imply that this stat says we have two top 10 QB's. Simply to point out that two players in the top 10 for QBR on the same team, in the same freaking game... is comical and awesome.

Bummed that nobody else found it to be as interesting but I'll live.

the ditch

Reaction score
QBR is a worthless stat IMO because of "clutch index". A made up number for something that is made up, there's no such thing as clutch, and therefore you can't just arbitrarily quantify something that doesn't exist. Even if it did you can't just randomly assign a number and say, well this is more clutch of a situation than that, it would be qualitative not quantitative.

But Russell and Tarvaris had great games, was fun to watch.

fsmassey

Reaction score
the ditch":1dfyrzk6 said:
QBR is a worthless stat IMO because of "clutch index". A made up number for something that is made up, there's no such thing as clutch, and therefore you can't just arbitrarily quantify something that doesn't exist. Even if it did you can't just randomly assign a number and say, well this is more clutch of a situation than that, it would be qualitative not quantitative.

But Russell and Tarvaris had great games, was fun to watch.

I would be hard pressed to say there is such a thing as 'clutch', just as there is such a thing as 'choking'.
BUT!
I agree, you can't put numerical values on that shit. Never could, never will.
Nice that TJack gets some success and mention on these things.

Hawks46

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3uhnewbo said:
CaptainSkybeard":3uhnewbo said:

My intent was not to imply that this stat says we have two top 10 QB's. Simply to point out that two players in the top 10 for QBR on the same team, in the same freaking game... is comical and awesome.

I honestly don't get it either. I mean, I get the theory, and I think it's more accurate than the NFL passer rating, but right on the bottom, it says "minimum of 20 action plays" then Peterson is at the top with 1 action play. Huh ?

mikeak

Reaction score
1) I foresee problems. I think this will lead to a QB controversy in the Seahawks locker room. How can you not start T-Jack now??? :D

2) Serious note - 60 minutes "proved" chocking a long time ago. They measured this golfers that putted on a surface in their office then they put up money if they made the put and made it a pressure situation. They measured their brains and could see how suddenly up front on the scans it becamse red. They showed how the people were getting stressed by the situation. To ignore a players ability to play better when it really matters is to me selling that player short. With that said it is also a constraint of other things like play-calling in those situations, how good your team is overall etc but I like that the QBR tries to challenge conventional wisdom in the overused quarterback rating

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Another Stat I looked into since on another Forum people are crowning luck the best youngest QB.

Wilson and his "Clutch" Stats CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT
4TH QTR, +/-7 PTS 7 8 114 87.5 14.25 43 1 0 0 158.3
LAST 2 MIN. HALF 7 7 110 100.0 15.71 30 1 0 3 158.3

If that isnt Clutch IDK what is. A PERFECT rating this season in the last 2 minutes of half and the entire 4th quarter

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
There just needs to be a weight based on the number of plays considered, or just make it require a minimum number of plays

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1ocp6967 said:
CaptainSkybeard":1ocp6967 said:

Hey, for what's it's worth, I find it both interesting and fun to see, Captain! :thirishdrinkers: