Hope this continues

getnasty

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1z9ej7a1 said:
It's very hard to not LOL at this post. Seriously, let's lose so our coaches will be fired! Do you football? No really? Teams have winning seasons and losing seasons. The Seahawks are the second or third most winning team in the league over the last 7 years and you want the coaches fired? Maybe we can get Jim Mora Jr and some "dirtbags" again, or how about Ground Chuck to grind out some losses, Tom Flores. Those were the days!

Bingo

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JustinCredible":2us0y0ne said:
So Pete and the coaches don’t get credit for developing talent? These weren’t top 10 picks that are now future Hall of Famers. I love Pete. Bevell can’t go soon enough though.

Win the last two. NFC is wide open.

Yes. They get credit for developing talent.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
mikeak":3hob56u6 said:
Only shame is all the draft picks we got rid off....

Finally decent draft position and we have crumbles left

Don't worry, with the 15-20th pick JS can easily get 125-130 Odhiambo-like 3rd-4th rounders ...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":29gisytk said:
It's very hard to not LOL at this post. Seriously, let's lose so our coaches will be fired! Do you football? No really? Teams have winning seasons and losing seasons. The Seahawks are the second or third most winning team in the league over the last 7 years and you want the coaches fired? Maybe we can get Jim Mora Jr and some "dirtbags" again, or how about Ground Chuck to grind out some losses, Tom Flores. Those were the days!

So because we were successful before, everybody should get a pass and no changes need to be made? We had one of the easiest schedules we've had in eons and this team isnt even going to make the playoffs. This season was not an aberration, it was a continuing trend. I would rather see change and take a chance at success (Rams for example) than to follow the same course knowing your going to be mediocre or worse.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm always for making the playoffs. If I wasn't, I'd be a fan of the Browns. Our staff is proven winners and they shall be again.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24rwbi1f said:
I'm always for making the playoffs. If I wasn't, I'd be a fan of the Browns. Our staff is proven winners and they shall be again.
A new question has arisen. Is the staff that good or has the roster been underachieving?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":cxbzv2d2 said:
Siouxhawk":cxbzv2d2 said:
A new question has arisen. Is the staff that good or has the roster been underachieving?
Good question. This will be the first time our staff has had to make serious tweaks to replace depleted talent. They've never had to do that before at such a wholesale level. But by all means, they should be allowed to right the ship as they built the ship in the first place.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":25ey7ug9 said:

Look, as much as I think the the OP is absurd in its thinking that it will work that way, if you can’t see that coaching changes are needed, I don’t know what to tell you. Where to even begin...

These players are running the team and it’s getting out of hand. For example; we had an additional 15 yards on a Lockett return today, and what do we decide to do? Our uncontrolled, uncontained, Undisciplined players negate that advantage by getting a penalty of our own. This occurs far too much on this team. The penalties are nearing record amounts and there’s never any change, never any accountability and self-control or discipline displayed. This is indicative of a coach who doesn’t control the team. We even saw McVay pulling his men together and telling them it’s not okay and to keep their heads. The guys didn’t rolls their eyes after that roasting. What did they do? They did a team ‘break’. That’s how you demonstrate control of your team. The only thing rallying these guys together is their love for each other. The coaching staff is failing them and giving them no help. There is a reason coaches exist. Now that we’re not winning, the players are turning on each other. People will say it’s only a matter of time before Pete loses the team, but to me, he already has.

Pete Carroll is the main problem because he refuses to make changes that most of us can see are needed. If some of you think nothing needs to change, we’re just injured, etc., that’s fine. I just think that opinion is absurd. Do I think PC needs to go? He delivered us a championship, our first, and nearly our second. It should be mentioned that coaching decisions cost us that second game as well. I roughly looked at all box scores for our games this year and there are 27 quarters where we failed to score a TD this season. Like 18 of those quarters, we failed to score at all. We have two games left and have already failed to score points of ANY kind in over 4 (25% of a 16 games season) complete games worth or quarters. We haven’t had a TD on an opening drive in what, 27 consecutive seasonal games? When we defer to open the games and then go three and out, it’s no surprise that we most often end the first quarter with a 0 on the board. I’m sorry, but a coordinator who has put up the numbers I just mentioned, needs to be looked at, as that is a huge problem.

Your game plan and scripting constantly put you in trouble. You want to talk about execution? That’s fine, too. We could execute better, however, you can clearly see that our problems are beyond execution. Like trying to shove the square peg that is our running game, into the round hole that is our stubborn-assed game plan. Plays runs that are not designed to get the yards needed to move the chains. Too many drives are given up or quit on by our coordinator. In a game like today’s, when you’re starting inside the 10, you can’t continue to concede that drive without doing everything you can to change field position. The calls simply were not there. Mix that with execution and the game was over in the first quarter and out of reach by half time.

Big Balls needs to man up and make the changes or he will continue to lose support. In my opinion, he could regain control, but we’ll see how stubborn he really is. We’re on the ropes, the swagger is gone, do we hit the mat, or rise to former glory?

Looks bleak, but I’ll wait and see.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
BigBill1945":1g8f85uk said:
It is obvious that all you have to do is look at where you spent the money with this team. It sure as hell was not on the line. No defense can sustain if you have a one dimensional offense. Now that we have all of these injuries you can clearly see we have no depth. It is pathetic every week to see our O line get pushed back 10 yards on almost every play. Sure they have their moments but look at the season as a whole. Ifedi gets his ass kicked about every game. He cannot go a half without a false start or holding penalty. Michael Bennett as much as I love the guy has at least 1-2 off side penalties a game. The team has shown it has not discipline. This is coaching. Sorry.

Philly has the best DL in the league. What was our game plan? Short intermediate routes which get the ball quickly out of Russ's hands. We go up against the Rams and what are majority of our calls? Long developing routes with nothing underneath......that's coaches.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I call bs on inferring we just went after chunk plays against the Rams. Many short and intermediate routes were called, but Russ had a rare off day and frequently couldn't put his passes on the mark. And that's if he even had time to set for a pass courtesy of our sieve of a line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3v291kdg said:
No Suck for Luck mentality from me, TYVM.

It isn't even suck for Luck, it's basically suck for pick 18 instead of 21-32. It's nonsensical and cowardly. There's no prize for this.

It's literally just them rooting for the Seahawks to lose because they don't like the coaching staff.

What a piss-poor thread this is.

Beren

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1rwt0rdi said:
SpokaneHawks":1rwt0rdi said:

Look, as much as I think the the OP is absurd in its thinking that it will work that way, if you can’t see that coaching changes are needed, I don’t know what to tell you. Where to even begin...

These players are running the team and it’s getting out of hand. For example; we had an additional 15 yards on a Lockett return today, and what do we decide to do? Our uncontrolled, uncontained, Undisciplined players negate that advantage by getting a penalty of our own. This occurs far too much on this team. The penalties are nearing record amounts and there’s never any change, never any accountability and self-control or discipline displayed. This is indicative of a coach who doesn’t control the team. We even saw McVay pulling his men together and telling them it’s not okay and to keep their heads. The guys didn’t rolls their eyes after that roasting. What did they do? They did a team ‘break’. That’s how you demonstrate control of your team. The only thing rallying these guys together is their love for each other. The coaching staff is failing them and giving them no help. There is a reason coaches exist. Now that we’re not winning, the players are turning on each other. People will say it’s only a matter of time before Pete loses the team, but to me, he already has.

Pete Carroll is the main problem because he refuses to make changes that most of us can see are needed. If some of you think nothing needs to change, we’re just injured, etc., that’s fine. I just think that opinion is absurd. Do I think PC needs to go? He delivered us a championship, our first, and nearly our second. It should be mentioned that coaching decisions cost us that second game as well. I roughly looked at all box scores for our games this year and there are 27 quarters where we failed to score a TD this season. Like 18 of those quarters, we failed to score at all. We have two games left and have already failed to score points of ANY kind in over 4 (25% of a 16 games season) complete games worth or quarters. We haven’t had a TD on an opening drive in what, 27 consecutive seasonal games? When we defer to open the games and then go three and out, it’s no surprise that we most often end the first quarter with a 0 on the board. I’m sorry, but a coordinator who has put up the numbers I just mentioned, needs to be looked at, as that is a huge problem.

Your game plan and scripting constantly put you in trouble. You want to talk about execution? That’s fine, too. We could execute better, however, you can clearly see that our problems are beyond execution. Like trying to shove the square peg that is our running game, into the round hole that is our stubborn-assed game plan. Plays runs that are not designed to get the yards needed to move the chains. Too many drives are given up or quit on by our coordinator. In a game like today’s, when you’re starting inside the 10, you can’t continue to concede that drive without doing everything you can to change field position. The calls simply were not there. Mix that with execution and the game was over in the first quarter and out of reach by half time.

Big Balls needs to man up and make the changes or he will continue to lose support. In my opinion, he could regain control, but we’ll see how stubborn he really is. We’re on the ropes, the swagger is gone, do we hit the mat, or rise to former glory?

Looks bleak, but I’ll wait and see.

Really good post. Nice stats sprinkled in too.

Latest posts