Holy heck, had to cancel dog appointment!

Renohawk

Reaction score
Well, living in SF country in Reno, I took my dog into the groomer this morning. I was wearing my Hawks sweatshirt, my German Shepard had his Seahawks collar and when I walked in, the kid behind the counter made a comment that SF was going to tear up the Hawks tomorrow. I said, well then, I guess I'll take my dog to another groomer because I couldn't stand having a Niner fan grooming him and I needed to assure my dogs safety when I'm not there.

I know it's sounds petty, but it was more of a joke and make a point.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Smart move. They probably had a huge tub of peanut butter under the counter.

Your dog thanks you.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Renohawk":14edldpu said:
Well, living in SF country in Reno, I took my dog into the groomer this morning. I was wearing my Hawks sweatshirt, my German Shepard had his Seahawks collar and when I walked in, the kid behind the counter made a comment that SF was going to tear up the Hawks tomorrow. I said, well then, I guess I'll take my dog to another groomer because I couldn't stand having a Niner fan grooming him and I needed to assure my dogs safety when I'm not there.

You should have said "42-13 bitch" and then walk out.

A

Anonymous

tomahawk":3uh7sfmp said:
Smart move. They probably had a huge tub of peanut butter under the counter.

Your dog thanks you.

Wait, he didn't describe any of the female employees there...

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ob70dfc said:
Renohawk":3ob70dfc said:

You should have said "42-13 bitch" and then walk out.
I thank you for the laugh. :lol:

The Radish

Reaction score
You would think that a business would handle that a bit better.

Now if the guy said,,"looks like a good game Sunday" it would have been different. I'm guessing it was not the owner?

:roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":2u1pjb0k said:
You would think that a business would handle that a bit better.

Now if the guy said,,"looks like a good game Sunday" it would have been different. I'm guessing it was not the owner?

:roll:
Yep. When I was working in the bowling biz, had to deal with Duck, Stealer, niners, fans etc etc. You have to bite your tongue and not start anything. Their money is green and that's the only color that matters. Once I knew the person, I could get away with a little ribbing, but I knew the limits.

Decimation

Reaction score
Renohawk":ci0nmbfi said:
SF was going to tear up the Hawks tomorrow.
Same tune, different year. Some 49er fans said the same thing last year thinking they had this game in the bag.

Nah, some will be in for a surprise. It will be a close game and a good one. (Although, I'd prefer another 42-13, but unlikely).

mretrade

Reaction score
You made a smart move. There is a lot of crazy people out there who would do some sick things over football.

sutz

Reaction score
Last night, the 3rd shift supervisor let on he was a Niner fan-I was wearin' for Blue Friday :)- and said how the Niners were gonna win, crowd noise won't matter, blah, blah, blah....

I just smile and said, "You wish." Hopefully he'll be a bit subdued come nest week.

Actually, I think we'll be OK. I'm not any more nervous about this game than any game, and I'm pretty confident the boys will come through.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Renohawk":dvchrz3d said:

Its funny, but when I used to go to Reno a lot 15 years ago Reno was Raider land!

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kpqlxl7 said:
Renohawk":3kpqlxl7 said:

Its funny, but when I used to go to Reno a lot 15 years ago Reno was Raider land!

I grew up about 70 miles east of Reno. Trust me when I say that western Nevada has always been deep in Niner territory. My parents still live there, but I haven't been back since '95. I break out in hives being so close to S.F.

Latest posts