Hey Jerry Brewer ... SHUT UP!!

hawk45

Reaction score
Jerry essentially said they need to stop playing like garbage against bottom-feeders in the NFL or it will come back to bite them.

He accused the team of sleepwalking early (100% correct as it pertains to the defense). Offensively, I disagree with a diagnosis of sleepwalking. Offensively they're injured and they suck on the line.

There just isn't anything that warrants the level of butt-hurt in the original post. Disagreement? Fine, okay. But the team has looked terrible against awful teams the last 2 weeks. When that is how your team performs against putrid competition, thicker skin might just be called for if you're going to read sports articles.

Seeker

Reaction score
im not gonna take personal shots at the man, but applying college football logic to the NFL is just insane and part of the thing that has seahawk fans so misguided.

I don't care if a team comes in 0 - 7, your not going up against San Diego state. A teams record doesn't reflect the talent on it, EVERYBODY IN THE NFL IS GOOD EVEN IF THE TEAM ISN'T.

This has never been a bumbling stumbling 15 - 1 dolphins type team as much as it has been a classic underachiever (akin to the giants who everyone is still afraid of right now).

Lost by 1 to jets - miracle play and bonehead penalty
Lost by 2 to Saints
Lost by 20 to Patriots
Lost by 3 to Cards

Lost by 11 to Eagles
Lost by 8 to Falcons
Lost by 18 to Panthers
Lost by 3 to seattle (ot)

Does that sound like a hapless team with no talent to you?

razor150

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3h97xz1r said:
BamKam":3h97xz1r said:
This board has some ridiculous fans. Seahawks have NOT been playing at the level that a Super Bowl contending team should be right now. Injuries are to blame yes but someone just making a simple observation and being told to STFU about it is really dumb.

Really? Explain (in detail) how a team cappable of executing a comeback win down 3TDs couldn't be SB worthy in 7 weeks from now?

:Dunno:

When it goes 3 TDs down to a winless team at home. When the week prior it puts offensive numbers similar to the Stan Gelbaugh led Seahawks to another inferior team. All while giving up over 200 yards rushing in both games to back up running backs and making a rookie and back up QB look good.

Tell me, what does that make the Seahawks look to you? Because it certainly isn't a team that is playing good football on either side of the ball. I enjoy a win as much as the next fan, but this team isn't playing good football, and the offense hasn't really been any good all year.

Seeker

Reaction score
what is an example of a superbowl caliber team right now?

razor150

Reaction score
Any team that is playing good sound football, which the Seahawks aren't. So take your pick. If you think we have a chance to reach a Superbowl with a sputtering offense that has an offensive line that gets Wilson mauled even when healthy and a defense that is suddenly giving up 200 yards rushing a game then I just don't know what to tell you. This team is better then what is showing up on the field, and they have the ability to turn it around if they want to. I just wonder how long will it take for them to get their heads out of their collective asses.

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":d2dhm119 said:
Are the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs also just surviving?

On offense they are, just like we are.

KC has a damned good defense and they run the ball well. It's a suprising mirror to our team, except that we have the better QB, and they have a more dynamic RB.

Escamillo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2n0enhtf said:
tom sawyer":2n0enhtf said:
CANHawk":2n0enhtf said:
You mad bro?

I mean is Jerry PURPOSELY trying to be a dick?

Maybe. But is he wrong? I don't think so. We have been surviving instead of thriving. We have been embarrassed by lesser opponents the last 2 weeks, even in victory. Nothing wrong with being happy with a W and pointing out what's going wrong.

8-1 is "thriving" by definition.
I don't get this "if we win ugly, it doesn't count as a real win" mentality.
The Oakland Raiders of old (Kenny Stabler and Jim Plunkett days) won "ugly" plenty of times on their way to three SB titles in those years.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I have absolutely nothing wrong with what Brewer said or has said. Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop acting like people are calling your baby ugly when pointing out the flaws of the Hawks. One can be happy about 8-1 while still having their eyes open to the reality of the situation and being aware of the team's current limitations.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
razor150":3mxgri7t said:
tom sawyer":3mxgri7t said:
BamKam":3mxgri7t said:
This board has some ridiculous fans. Seahawks have NOT been playing at the level that a Super Bowl contending team should be right now. Injuries are to blame yes but someone just making a simple observation and being told to STFU about it is really dumb.

Really? Explain (in detail) how a team cappable of executing a comeback win down 3TDs couldn't be SB worthy in 7 weeks from now?

:Dunno:

When it goes 3 TDs down to a winless team at home. When the week prior it puts offensive numbers similar to the Stan Gelbaugh led Seahawks to another inferior team. All while giving up over 200 yards rushing in both games to back up running backs and making a rookie and back up QB look good.

Tell me, what does that make the Seahawks look to you? Because it certainly isn't a team that is playing good football on either side of the ball. I enjoy a win as much as the next fan, but this team isn't playing good football, and the offense hasn't really been any good all year.

The offense hasn't been good all year? -eh-hem, I'm just going to ignore that.

I say this Hawks team is the best there has ever been and I've been watching them religiously since the late 70's. I say you could put this team against the Steelers in Feb. 5th 2006 SB game and add a few more bad calls and we STILL would have beat them!!

:0190l:

Seeker

Reaction score
razor150":3k86e4qz said:
Any team that is playing good sound football, which the Seahawks aren't. So take your pick.

Patriots - stumbling through bottom feeder teams, lost to jets, (7-2)
Saints - Started off strong beating the falcons, have since struggled (6-2)
Detroit - gambling team that puts up video game numbers but blows games (5-3)
San Fran - Put up video game numbers initially, has been beating up wack teams, stomped by hawks (6-2)
KC - Thriving off of crap teams and still winning by one or two points (9-0)
Denver - Puts up video game numbers, glass jaw, embarrassed by indy (7-1)
Indy - impressive wins, all but one of which are come from behinders just like seattle (6-2)

If you think we have a chance to reach a Superbowl with a sputtering offense that has an offensive line that gets Wilson mauled even when healthy and a defense that is suddenly giving up 200 yards rushing a game then I just don't know what to tell you.

Wilson wasn't getting "mauled" until Breno and Okung left the field. Lets be honest here, you guys are upset about the yards and the protection (we all are), but what really bothers you is that we aren't blowing teams out 58 - 0 like last year. its not even December yet. The Seahawks are projected to only get better as the season wears on, oh no we are 8 - 1 with percy harvin, breno, okung coming back, what is we gon do?

This team is better then what is showing up on the field, and they have the ability to turn it around if they want to.

amen