T Jones
G Roos
T Fant
---------------Cut Line---------------
C Hunt
-----------------------------------------
G Odhiambo
T Ifedi

I got Ifedi ranked 12th in the pecking order on the O-Line, the team normally only keeps 9, sometimes 10.

Ifedi is in trouble, stating the obvious.

I am under the impression that Roos has been underwhelming so far in camp, not sure if Odhiambo can take Roos' spot? Rees played with lots of toughness last year, broken fingers, bruised heart (physically bruised, no feelin' hurt).

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":2czuwi3g said:
Fade":2czuwi3g said:
STARTERS

LT Brown -- LG Pocic -- C Britt -- RG Sweezy -- RT Battle

BACKUPS

G/T Fluker
T Jones
G Roos
T Fant
---------------Cut Line---------------
C Hunt
-----------------------------------------
G Odhiambo
T Ifedi

I got Ifedi ranked 12th in the pecking order on the O-Line, the team normally only keeps 9, sometimes 10.

Ifedi is in trouble, stating the obvious.

I am under the impression that Roos has been underwhelming so far in camp, not sure if Odhiambo can take Roos' spot? Rees played with lots of toughness last year, broken fingers, bruised heart (physically bruised, no feelin' hurt).

I've read, and heard mostly positive on Roos, I recall one negative review on him, but I can't remember from where, as it all kind of blends together, but yes Rees will have to beat out Roos, or Fluker needs to get cut if he wants to make the team. The other young Tackles are too promising as prospects to cut them (Jones, Battle, Fant).

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If Isaiah Battle is a starting tackle, the Oline was even worse than I could have ever imagined. Sure Ifedi is garbage, but I cant fathom a castoff like Battle is an answer.

adeltaY

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2tvyqy6r said:
If Isaiah Battle is a starting tackle, the Oline was even worse than I could have ever imagined. Sure Ifedi is garbage, but I cant fathom a castoff like Battle is an answer.

But anyone we have at offensive tackle besides Duane Brown is as bad as the next guy as far as we know... there simply isn't anyone we know is good on the roster so whoever they put out there, it's going to be rough. There aren't many teams that have two good tackles so it's not too bad. As long as the interior improves significantly, I'm okay with a bad RT. Sure, it wouldn't be ideal, but it'd be about as good as we can hope for this season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Ifedi was horribly miscast as a tackle. Not that we had much choice. He has the potential to be an above average NFL guard though. I never thought he was even a particularly good NCAA level tackle TBH. His feet are too slow, his hand technique is terrible for a tackle.

He really needs to be moved inside, here or elsewhere. We aren’t doing him any favors by trying to keep him at tackle.

Jville

Reaction score
Acknowledging the negative ........

Right tackle will be an interesting position to watch during the first pre-season game on Thursday night. One way to get their candidates comfortable is to keep an in line tight end on their right flank. Blocking help from tight ends can help build confidence in tackles during the remaining days of training camp. It will be interesting to see how much help they give the right tackle and what affect it has on them.

Thursday's game should also provide additional insight into the rehab and conditioning status of D.J. Fluker, J.R. Sweezy, Rees Odhiambo and George Fant.

.................... there are certainly positives unfolding concerning the offensive line. But, I'll refrain from mentioning them ..... saving them for a more appropriate time and place. I wouldn't want to cause any spontaneous explosions ...... let the venting continue.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1026539350291439616[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1026546221488328704[/tweet]

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2aj8ww83 said:
Good. Better right now than week 3 or 4. Time to bench the knucklehead if he hasn’t figured it out by now, quit wasting everyone’s time we’ve got a division to win back.
Division? We've got a league championship to win back.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1026544193496178691[/tweet]

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1tj0hhdh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1026539350291439616[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1026546221488328704[/tweet]

Seems like dreams can come true with Jones at RT :D

I thought they would wait until a few weeks into the regular season, let's hope he continues to get reps at RT.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
So uhh... Ifedi was benched again apparently for Jones during the 2min drill when he committed another penalty.

I expected this to eventually happen, but it is playing out faster than I imagined, and I like it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It real simple guys and gals. ALL OF TOM CABLE'S players will be off the team in 2 years. They are that bad.