Here we go again, Ifedi

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I have said this a few times, but I feel it bears repeating.

Offensive players drafted as part of the running game, O-Line & Runningbacks, never had a chance. Cable was that bad. (See Alex Collins.) Throw Bevell on top now all of the receivers including TEs will underperform.

You're magically going to see a bunch of young offensive players become good, it is not because John & Pete all of a sudden became good talent evaluators again. It's because their prospects are no longer going to be sabotaged by CABEVELL. Now they aren't going to hit on every guy, they didn't during 2010-2012, but they are going to be hitting on a lot, lot more going forward.

COACHING IS EVERYTHING. See Goff with Fisher, now see Goff with McVay. It's like a night & day difference when it comes to young prospects especially.

Defensively they have drafted fine, Clark, Quill Griffin, Reed, T2, Naz Jones. None of these guys are stars yet but they have a strong potential to become just that.

This year's class they made out like bandits nabbing (3rd) Rasheem Green, (5th) Quem Griffin, (5th) Flowers, (6th) Jacob Martin, & UDFA Poona Ford. The offensive guys look pretty good too, their best rookie class overall since 2012. Also Chris Carson & David Moore are 7th rounders from last year. Those guys are absolute steals.

BACK TO IFEDI

After sleeping on it, if Battle can show just a smidgen at RT in the pre-season he will be starting come week 1. Jones/Fant will enter the competition midway through the season if Battle starts to, or continues to struggle at that point.

Ifedi might get cut if he doesn't respond well over the next 4 weeks. It would only be a $1,052,746 dead money hit to cut him. He obviously would have to continue to torpedo over the next few weeks for them to consider doing it. The new OC & Line Coach hold no allegiance to him, so it definitely is a possibility.

The other right side lineman Fluker is looking banged up and could get cut freeing up $1,068,750 in cap space. So the Hawks could cut both now especially with Sweezy back in the fold and come out a little ahead on the salary cap. (Numbers pulled via overthecap.com.)

Fluker & Ifedi have 3 pre-season games to show something, or they are getting cut.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So we have already proven that Ifedi sucks and cant play tackle so they will try to hide him at guard where he continues to suck...Ifedi also has a huge attitude problem and has assaulted teammates and obviously cannot be coached. My question is why the hell is he still here? Dump him and admit it was another bust pick and try again. He is a penalty machine who will never amount to anything here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It really would not surprise me at all if Ifedi doesn’t even make the team.

What an awful pick.

kf3339

Reaction score
Fade":blc7br1d said:
I have said this a few times, but I feel it bears repeating.

Offensive players drafted as part of the running game, O-Line & Runningbacks, never had a chance. Cable was that bad. (See Alex Collins.) Throw Bevell on top now all of the receivers including TEs will underperform.

You're magically going to see a bunch of young offensive players become good, it is not because John & Pete all of a sudden became good talent evaluators again. It's because their prospects are no longer going to be sabotaged by CABEVELL. Now they aren't going to hit on every guy, they didn't during 2010-2012, but they are going to be hitting on a lot, lot more going forward.

COACHING IS EVERYTHING. See Goff with Fisher, now see Goff with McVay. It's like a night & day difference when it comes to young prospects especially.

Defensively they have drafted fine, Clark, Quill Griffin, Reed, T2, Naz Jones. None of these guys are stars yet but they have a strong potential to become just that.

This year's class they made out like bandits nabbing (3rd) Rasheem Green, (5th) Quem Griffin, (5th) Flowers, (6th) Jacob Martin, & UDFA Poona Ford. The offensive guys look pretty good too, their best rookie class overall since 2012. Also Chris Carson & David Moore are 7th rounders from last year. Those guys are absolute steals.

BACK TO IFEDI

After sleeping on it, if Battle can show just a smidgen at RT in the pre-season he will be starting come week 1. Jones/Fant will enter the competition midway through the season if Battle starts to, or continues to struggle at that point.

Ifedi might get cut if he doesn't respond well over the next 4 weeks. It would only be a $1,052,746 dead money hit to cut him. He obviously would have to continue to torpedo over the next few weeks for them to consider doing it. The new OC & Line Coach hold no allegiance to him, so it definitely is a possibility.

The other right side lineman Fluker is looking banged up and could get cut freeing up $1,068,750 in cap space. So the Hawks could cut both now especially with Sweezy back in the fold and come out a little ahead on the salary cap. (Numbers pulled via overthecap.com.)

Fluker & Ifedi have 3 pre-season games to show something, or they are getting cut.

Very good analysis.

My only comment is I think Fluker stays even if not 100%. He is the one guy who already knows what Solari wants from a RG/RT and can be a valuable backup. His salary isn't that big of a deal.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Ifedi needs to be on a very short leash. In any game he plays in - if he gets a flag, he goes directly to the bench for the rest of that game. After that, every game he is in, one flag & he sits on the bench. Maybe, that gets his attention? If not, then Ifedi needs to be cut - period.

:smilingalien:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fluker should be getting time at RT. Technically, he is much better and more experienced at that position. They have a couple good options at RG, besides Fluker, in Sweezy and Roos. Ifedi could also play RG.

Ifedi has to be willing to accept getting beat over penalties at RT. It should be noted that penalties were not a big problem for Ifedi when he was playing guard. Being on the outside, against quicker rushers, creates more anxiety. He doesn’t have the ability or the footwork (which Fluker has, at least) to excel at RT. And he needs to mentally re-train himself to know that a penalty is worse. Benching him for penalties during the scrimmage was a step in the right direction.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3rue20zp said:
chris98251":3rue20zp said:
Northwest Seahawk":3rue20zp said:
chris98251":3rue20zp said:
Based on O lineman that Cable wanted and recommended?

My statement was clear maybe read the whole thing again.

John and Pete have multiple picks that have far exceeded expecations of where they were drafted, they have UDFA's more then any other team in the league contributing thru the Super Bowl run. YOU USED IFEDI not me to make your arguement, if thats your example then the faults on you. Based on our success with O line man it was looking like you were referencing our ineptitude with them, that's on Cable influencing John and Pete that those guys were great for his system.

I said if Ifedi is a bust and some of these players they have drafted don't shine they may need to consider a replacement and that's in the context of all the poor drafting over the past few years.. That's not saying that if Ifedi and only Ifedi busts out then they should think about a change . So it's your fault that you can't grasp that statement. Bust after bust at the top of the rounds isn't sustainable. You want to argue John's done a great job drafting I disagree he's only done ok the last few years and if some of these draft picks emerge as real talent then that changes everything, if not then criticism is warranted. Let's turn down the burner . These things don't last if your not consistent. Were seeing a decline in talent at some point they have to find some players that can do more than start and play good at times. Pete and John have done exceptional in the draft from the context of building this team when they took over and winning a championship. But we don't live in the past at some point they have to find better talent if they want to even just get back to the playoffs, and you don't need to be so confrontational.

When you have all pros in front of guys drafted to replace them at some point it is hard to be listed as a all pro also, I don't know if the thickness of your skull prevents that from registering or not, Thompson has been getting great reviews, Shaq 1.0 held up great last year and is showing the skill to be a All Pro, Our D line aquisitions are playing great, just not household names yet, guess they should have beat out Bennett and Avril so they could get all those headlines, Prosise and Carson have shown flashes but need health and or actual blocking to keep from taking hits unneccessarily from weird angles. I think you need to put your Madden Guide down and actually watch the team and learn to judge on whats not happening sometimes and whats behind it.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Really disappointed in Ifedi. Thought he could turn it around in year 2, but I don't know if he really wants to or not.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Wartooth":2c9g430c said:
Ifedi will be with the Raiders soon...

I hope they cut him. It's possible.

And going back to Cable-style coaching ensures he'll be atrocious - if - he can get any worse.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Raiders drafted a tackle in the first this year. Raw guy who is a monster athlete... Wonder where I've heard that before?

Ifedi would be a backup for them and I guess he'd be decent in that capacity.

Jville

Reaction score
The Seahawks added their plan B right tackle alternative back in 2017. He has become bigger, stronger, quicker over time. He has already seen practice reps with the ones.
Smdug8fvrbdhucxnwvxc
George Fant looks on as Isaiah Battle toys with blocking sled. Cqxjvbdhed83yl9xxvih Coaching staff continues to work on Isaiah's technique .... pad lever .... leverage ..... hand fighting ..... ect. There is plenty of time left for Isaiah to make the most of his reps and plenty of time for Ifedi to overcome and conquer his difficulties. Competition makes training camp interesting. The Battle is on for that starting right tackle job.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm sure there are many things Idefi still does have, but I seriously question that time would be one of them. :179422:

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
kf3339":1w9d3sv2 said:
My only comment is I think Fluker stays even if not 100%. He is the one guy who already knows what Solari wants from a RG/RT and can be a valuable backup. His salary isn't that big of a deal.

Yes absolutely, I am flying a little more in the dark on Fluker and have to see him in the pre-season to get a better gauge on him, but I think if he does nothing in the Pre-Season they will probably cut him. I Have to see him first though, I could backtrack on that real quick.

It's not really about his salary that is just a convenience. It's about the other guys more so Jones, Roos, Battle, Fant, and maybe Hunt if the teams feels they want the security of having another Center on the squad that is a lot of guys to fit in when normally they keep 9, sometimes 10 O-Lineman.

hawknation2018":1w9d3sv2 said:
Fluker should be getting time at RT. Technically, he is much better and more experienced at that position. They have a couple good options at RG, besides Fluker, in Sweezy and Roos. Ifedi could also play RG.

Ifedi has to be willing to accept getting beat over penalties at RT. It should be noted that penalties were not a big problem for Ifedi when he was playing guard. Being on the outside, against quicker rushers, creates more anxiety. He doesn’t have the ability or the footwork (which Fluker has, at least) to excel at RT. And he needs to mentally re-train himself to know that a penalty is worse. Benching him for penalties during the scrimmage was a step in the right direction.

The Fant injury has messed this whole thing up. If he were healthy I think he would of already took Ifedi's job, or they could've moved Jamarco Jones to RT, and left Fant at LT, and Jones would've promptly took Ifedi's job.

In the Sweezy signing thread I made a comment about moving Fluker to RT. I think for the short term that is the best course of action. Have Battle & Fluker compete for the RT spot. Von Miller week 1 is brutal, and I do not want to see Ifedi on the field against Denver quite honestly, Ifedi will commit 10 penalties, and get Wilson killed. In a perfect world they would feel good about Fant being the backup LT, and move Jones to RT ASAP. The staff is being cautious though, and appear to want to wait for Fant to get healthy first before making that move.

Your eval on Ifedi is spot on. I would say though at this juncture he is a lost cause and not worth even keeping around at Guard. I would say it is a coin flip right now whether he makes the team, and if he continues his ways through the first 2 pre-season games they won't even bother rolling him out for the 3rd, let alone the 4th.

STARTERS

LT Brown -- LG Pocic -- C Britt -- RG Sweezy -- RT Battle

BACKUPS

G/T Fluker
T Jones
G Roos
T Fant
---------------Cut Line---------------
C Hunt
-----------------------------------------
G Odhiambo
T Ifedi

I got Ifedi ranked 12th in the pecking order on the O-Line, the team normally only keeps 9, sometimes 10.

Ifedi is in trouble, stating the obvious.

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":3ig2ic51 said:
The Seahawks added their plan B right tackle alternative back in 2017. He has become bigger, stronger, quicker over time. He has already seen practice reps with the ones.
Smdug8fvrbdhucxnwvxc
George Fant looks on as Isaiah Battle toys with blocking sled. Cqxjvbdhed83yl9xxvih Coaching staff continues to work on Isaiah's technique .... pad lever .... leverage ..... hand fighting ..... ect. There is plenty of time left for Isaiah to make the most of his reps and plenty of time for Ifedi to overcome and conquer his difficulties. Competition makes training camp interesting. The Battle is on for that starting right tackle job.

guy sure built like a tackle.