Here is an advantage for the new WR's

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Advantage or disadvantage? -- Probably depends on the prospect. This year it seems Seattle emphasized "mental toughness" above every other attribute for their draftees. It was a huge focus for them, and Schneider bluntly said that the reason for some of his "mistakes" in the past was some players just weren't mentally tough enough to be in Seattle's lockerroom. Some of his more notorious busts were wide receivers. And maybe those guys just couldn't handle practicing against the LOB.

If you go up against Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas every day, my guess is that they're not going to let up on you. Physically or mentally. They'll shatter your confidence if you don't got the wherewithal to take it. These guys practice like they play, and we see what they do to wide receivers on Sundays. In the rare event that the DBs let something slide, you probably got ADB and Percy barking at you from the other side. If these new guys got the stones, practicing against the LOB is going to sharpen 'em. If not, Earl and Sherm are probably going to eat 'em up and spit 'em out -- draft status be damned.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Completely agree with DavidSeven. I'd guess the front office puts a little more (okay, probably a lot more) emphasis on players' mental abilities then before. They know they're either going to suck it up and grow into a badass football player or wither like a pansy and not make the team. There is no "good enough" mentality that can stick long with this team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If this is true (and I believe it is) at some point you will have a team ranked at the topic both defensively and offensively against the pass. Which is awesome because like it or not the NFL is a passing league. And I see nothing that will ever change that

chris98251

Reaction score
Well many of the players have said that game day is easier then our practices, can you imagine being hip tossed by Browner all week long or taking shots from Kam or any of the other Safeties, or having Sherman make you look stupid and bait you into thinking he layed off and make a pick aganst you because you didn't sheild him from the ball.

Then hear about it all the rest of the week and every practice about needing to step up their game. No wonder Doug Baldwin is always angry :)

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Largent80":1hxc9bbp said:
They have to go against the L.O.B. every day in practice.

:twisted:
Not exactly. The 1's rep against the 1's, so its the Harvins and Baldwins who are going up against the Shermans and Maxwells, et all. Richardson and Norwood will mostly be facing the Tharold Simons and Phillip Adamses.

I'm not debating your point, simply adding some context.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2gilfma7 said:
Largent80":2gilfma7 said:

What better way for Richardson to learn how to get off the jam? I'm serious.

You guys been reading my posts ? :thirishdrinkers:

As for "nothing will change that' referring to the NFL being a passing league, how about 1 NFL championship, 2 NFC Championships, 6 consecutive playoff appearances, and a 14 win, 5 loss playoff record in those last 3 years ?

Those are the aggragate records of the two teams in the league that run the most. The NFL is a copycat league. People are taking notice.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1dgpix4t said:
Largent80":1dgpix4t said:

Not exactly. The 1's rep against the 1's, so its the Harvins and Baldwins who are going up against the Shermans and Maxwells, et all. Richardson and Norwood will mostly be facing the Tharold Simons and Phillip Adamses.

I'm not debating your point, simply adding some context.

That's not the way it's done with this coaching staff. PC has said before that 2's and 3's will be put against the 1's frequently. How do you prep backups to fill in at game time unless they have had a chance to see the best?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawks46":10w3ram6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":10w3ram6 said:
Largent80":10w3ram6 said:

What better way for Richardson to learn how to get off the jam? I'm serious.

You guys been reading my posts ? :thirishdrinkers:

As for "nothing will change that' referring to the NFL being a passing league, how about 1 NFL championship, 2 NFC Championships, 6 consecutive playoff appearances, and a 14 win, 5 loss playoff record in those last 3 years ?

Those are the aggragate records of the two teams in the league that run the most. The NFL is a copycat league. People are taking notice.
They're taking notice defensively but see nobody beyond the 49ers going run heavy. Even we will be passing more because it's too advantageous not to. I see us throwing the ball maybe 30-32 times instead of 25. Nothing huge just enough to take advantage of the current rules.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nmrlpo6l said:
Advantage or disadvantage? -- Probably depends on the prospect. This year it seems Seattle emphasized "mental toughness" above every other attribute for their draftees. It was a huge focus for them, and Schneider bluntly said that the reason for some of his "mistakes" in the past was some players just weren't mentally tough enough to be in Seattle's lockerroom. Some of his more notorious busts were wide receivers. And maybe those guys just couldn't handle practicing against the LOB.

If you go up against Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas every day, my guess is that they're not going to let up on you. Physically or mentally. They'll shatter your confidence if you don't got the wherewithal to take it. These guys practice like they play, and we see what they do to wide receivers on Sundays. In the rare event that the DBs let something slide, you probably got ADB and Percy barking at you from the other side. If these new guys got the stones, practicing against the LOB is going to sharpen 'em. If not, Earl and Sherm are probably going to eat 'em up and spit 'em out -- draft status be damned.

Agreed - Browner likely had a huge part in that in previous seasons as well. From my small peephole, he was a practice stud, laying down the lumber. He'll be missed for that.