Help me win an argument

ensett

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":ckyy12ha said:
I will try to show him the videos. Hard to argue with that.

When I asked him if he had watched many of Seattle's games besides the Dallas game he said "i tried but I fell asleep watching him give the ball to Lynch over and over"

Sigh.

This is really weird because 1) Wilson has more throws than Lynch has carries and 2) Lynch is actually good and fun to watch

rastahawk

Reaction score
RG3 and Romo? Where do I start. Firstly, none of those guys have Lynch and Turbin as their RB's. So just with the calibre of our backs that already tells that we are not going to rely on the passing game to be our one all be all of our offense. So there is a reason why Wilson has the pass attempts count he has. The Skins and Boys put all their chips on their QB's shoulders. If we let Wilson chuck it on every play of course his numbers will be up there too. Secondly, our approach is a little different. We try to stay efficient on O, score some points and let our D protect our leads. We are not in the business of going tit for tat on the scoreboard. We try to be balanced across the board. So in summary, Wilson does what is expected of him and he does it well and on top of that PC has a tightrope on his development. If you call him overrated this early in his career then you're totally misinformed. If anything he's won approval by a great majority on this board and that initself is a tough litmus test.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Stop arguing with stupid people. :)

His last comment belies a level of ignorance that tells me you're wasting your time even trying.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Wish I understood this when I was younger, but it's 100% true: You simply cannot argue with stupid.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":6g1gasj8 said:
Clearly the guy has no football intelligence and you will not be able to convince him even if you talk until your blue in the face. I imagine he probably uses the same arguments over and over as "evidence" by stating them louder and faster over the top of you while you try to explain anything.

Totally this. Just walk away whenever he mentions anything football related.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Wilson (R):
Cmp 63.6%
Avg 7.33
TDs 17
Int 8
Long 51
QBR 61.8
Rat 93.9

Romo (8):
Cmp 66.2%
Avg 7.36
TDs 16
Int 15
Long 85
QBR 59.7
Rat 85.9

It's true that Russell has fewer yards total and per game, but he's also a rookie who plays in an offense predicated on using the run and having offensive balance. His average per completion is almost identical to Romo's. He also has 1 more TD and far fewer picks.

As to the argument that Russell doesn't throw deep, here's an article from mid-October that belies that: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... t&id=78502. His long of 51 yards was, I believe, actually 51 yards in the air, not YAC.

OP
OP
CaptainSkybeard

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
He knows Romo has serious issues and Dallas is basically out of the playoffs. Annoyingly enough, all I hear now is how the 49ers are legit and Kaepernick completes the 49ers blah blah blah.

Honestly I think there must be a particular radio show that likes to bash the Seahawks a lot because a lot of the stuff this guy and others spout off seems like regurgitated baseless drivel.

I try not to argue with idiots but I get picked on because I am the only Seahawks guy around. I honestly think the GB thing spread so much negative stuff around that people just associate the Seahawks with something to dislike. They really hate Golden Tate and for some reason Pete because of that, I guess because he didn't apologize for winning??

Aside from talking football this guy is cool. But I can't just sit in the room an let completely inaccurate stuff be said about Wilson. By the way I was one of those Flynn guys that thought Wilson should sit a year but after the NE game I was sold.

aku

Reaction score
Wilson ranks fifth in air yards per attempt. Does your coworker know what dink and dunk means?

All the other stuff is true enough, it's just not all that important. We're supposed to discredit all of Wilson's other stats because the coaches don't get him the ball as often as other QBs? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Radish

Reaction score
To put this entire thing into perspective.

When is the last time you won an argument with a sports fan?

:141847_bnono:

Latest posts