Heart Attacks or Blowouts?

What type of victory is more satisfying?

• Blowout

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • Heart Attack

Votes: 36 28.6%

• Total voters

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
We had a fair share of blowouts and super intense close games last season. It's hard to decide which games felt better to win.

Heart Attacks: Packers, Patriots, Bears, Redskins

Blowouts: Cardinals, Bills, Niners

I know the question might depend on who the opponent is, so let's just say it's a neutral, non-rival team. Do you like to make a statement with tens of unanswered points, or do you prefer to win thrilling games in the 4th quarter?

drdiags

Reaction score
Personally, blow-outs for my blood pressure.

National perspective. Tight games are good if they are against quality opponents and on Primetime, since you want the nation jazzed about the team and watching the entire game. Could make a difference on post-season awards. Blow-outs will usually lead to channels being changed.

Team perspective. It is better in the long run for a team to test its mettle and showing it can pull out a few nail-biters. You probably don't want to go through the whole season blowing out folks and then have a Superbowl loss like the NE Patriots in their 19-0 attempt. Sure they were close to doing it, but maybe they got a little tight when the Giants didn't fade away in the game?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Obviously, nothing beats the pure joy of witnessing a game winning drive or a game ending stop. But honestly, I'm always rooting for a blowout. I can do without the three hours of stress and the prospect of a crushing loss.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Blowouts are fun if it is against the teams we "aren't" supposed to beat. Blowing out the 49ers always keeps me jacked.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Packers and Patriots for me. I just loved the Packers and their fans crying over the correct call. You notice the one angle that showed Tate with possession never got shown on Packer network...I mean ESPN??

kearly

Reaction score
Last year was a lot of fun, but for me it was maybe the most painful season too. We were something like 4-5 in close games despite being 7-0 in games that weren't close. We had way more than our share of tough luck losses. I'd like that to be a thing of the past.

Also, close wins aren't always that great. A lot of close wins feel deflating because your team just barely held on to beat a team you'd expect to beat (Carolina, Rams). Even the Green Bay game was kind of a crummy game that left a bad taste, even if the last play was theatre.

The Patriots win was really cool, but I enjoyed the Dallas win more because Seattle dominated a franchise that had beat the tar out of us for years. And the 49ers win, it just doesn't get any better than that.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would lean towards blow outs, Testerverde Helmet, Rothisburger Helmet, Tate Catch, all were heart attack moments, lots of last second fieled goals over the history of the team as well. But Heart attack moments have not gone well in our favor in critical games.

Blow outs you can take a certain level of satisfaction in that you clearly without question were the better team and tend to take offcials calls out of it.

A

Anonymous

I remain relatively calm as long as we have the lead. If it is a very large lead, I stay frosty as things can change in a hurry.

I voted for blowouts, but it is always nice when the team demonstrates the ability to come from behind and get the win. To see we are getting beat and losing battles the whole game, but are able to put together a miracle play at the end is awfully cool as well.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I want to say that a blowout is the most satisfying manner to earn a W, so long as both teams have all of their playmakers on the field. But when I think about it in terms of last season, it's difficult to decide whether the win vs the patriots - where Russell Wilson delivered a beautiful 55 yard game winning strike to Sidney Rice - was more satisfying than the absolute clinic we put on against the 9ers (what was the score again? LOL). When we beat the Patriots I was jumping up and down celebrating and almost sprained my ankle on my treadmill! I'll never forget that win, lol.

As long as the other team can't make excuses when it's all said and done, I'm down with the beat down every time.

GO HAWKS and happy 4th of July weekend everyone!

grizbob

Reaction score
As an old man with a heart condition, I find blowouts to be healthier :180670:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":cb1736j7 said:
We had a fair share of blowouts and super intense close games last season. It's hard to decide which games felt better to win.

Heart Attacks: Packers, Patriots, Bears, Redskins

Blowouts: Cardinals, Bills, Niners

I know the question might depend on who the opponent is, so let's just say it's a neutral, non-rival team. Do you like to make a statement with tens of unanswered points, or do you prefer to win thrilling games in the 4th quarter?

I have to say though, the Falcons game , Ive never had so many emotional swings in my life.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
With a blowout you can enjoy the game and you know the Seahawks are the best.

With a heart attack game, it is annoying because often the talking heads will just chalk the win up to "luck of the bounce" or a favorable call. Not to mention they are usually frustrating games a lot of the time.

I would much rather sit back, relax, and smile for 3 hours watching the Hawks destroy another professional team.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think I prefer heart attacks, but just barely.

Blowouts feel great the whole game, but there's usually not an overwhelming sense of joy/pride when the game is over.

Heart-attacks are intense and stressful, but the feeling of a win when it's all said and done is just not comparable.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":10n4wjox said:
I think I prefer heart attacks, but just barely.

Blowouts feel great the whole game, but there's usually not an overwhelming sense of joy/pride when the game is over.

Heart-attacks are intense and stressful, but the feeling of a win when it's all said and done is just not comparable.

That is called adrenaline.

Rocket

Reaction score
Did he ask which is more fun to watch, or which is more satisfying...

Squeakers are more fun to watch... but the feeling in the belly after a 'niner blowout approaches that of an "unzip me" turkey dinner.

The Radish

Reaction score
Blowouts for me anytime. They might get boring to other teams but not to me.

I've won/lost all the close games I need in my life. We clearly need to average at least 50 points a game to show how pointless the other teams are. lol

:les:

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Dominance is the name of the game for me. If you truly are a great team then nothing says so like having both the defense and offense shine in a 50-0 win over the next best team in the league.