Headset Interference Conspiracy

Welshers2

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that Geno's headset goes out on the most important play of the game, where he doesn't have time to go to the sideline? The Patriots have been accused of this type of thing before. There still hasn't been any explanation for why the Seahawks headsets stopped working at the very end. Strange coincidence.

I'm not saying this is true but I think it's something to think about. On the road and your headset goes out when you need to call a play at the end of the game. I'm sure there are ways for radio waves etc. to be interfered with and then blamed on a "malfunction". Could have been Rams staff!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that Geno's headset goes out on the most important play of the game, where he doesn't have time to go to the sideline? The Patriots have been accused of this type of thing before. There still hasn't been any explanation for why the Seahawks headsets stopped working at the very end. Strange coincidence.

I'm not saying this is true but I think it's something to think about. On the road and your headset goes out when you need to call a play at the end of the game. I'm sure there are ways for radio waves etc. to be interfered with and then blamed on a "malfunction". Could have been Rams staff!
Even if true, Geno's default was to a run play. not one favorite pass play popped into his head? that's pretty scary.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Nah, no need for conspiracy stuff. Hawks pissed down their legs and handed the game away. A game they had in hand.
Even if true, Geno's default was to a run play. not one favorite pass play popped into his head? that's pretty scary.

I agree they played terrible and there is plenty of blame to go on the team. But this doesn't change the fact that there was a corrupt BS penalty and our technology failed at the very end! Both can be true!

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Yep, I'll get blasted as usual, but Geno needs to know the situation. I'm not buying any excuses for him going to a running play.
I don't disagree with this, you shouldn't be blasted. The pressure probably got to him and he couldn't think of a play. He messed up. Overall he has been pretty clutch this year so I'll give him a pass for having a brain fart with everything going on in his head after going back in thee injured.

It still doesn't change the fact that in 99.999% of those situations the QB has communication with coaching.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yep, I'll get blasted as usual, but Geno needs to know the situation. I'm not buying any excuses for him going to a running play.
you're not wrong though. A dude who's been in the league for 10+ years should never make that mistake.

renofox

Reaction score
We've seen this situation countless times. I've NEVER seen a QB not spike the ball in this situation. This is taught as an automatic beginning at Pop Warner level. Geno's head is not NFL level. Backup, maybe... maybe. But definitely not football-IQ equipped to be a starter.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
OR spike the ball and go to the sideline.
yep. this is true. This is what should have happened. I honestly think he just completely panicked and his mind went blank. Inexcusable, but he has been pretty clutch this year so personally I'll give him a pass.

cymatica

Reaction score
We've seen this situation countless times. I've NEVER seen a QB not spike the ball in this situation. This is taught as an automatic beginning at Pop Warner level. Geno's head is not NFL level. Backup, maybe... maybe. But definitely not football-IQ equipped to be a starter.
Not to mention if Charb picked up 10 or more yards on that play, they might not have had enough time to regroup and spike it

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Not to mention if Charb picked up 10 or more yards on that play, they might not have had enough time to regroup and spike it
Don't worry, if Charbs had picked up 10 yards the refs would have called a phantom holding penalty and it wouldn't have mattered.

Hawknight

Reaction score

I'm starting to think that their "Excuses game book" is getting larger than their actual "Playbook" for the game.