He’s baaack . . . Chris Carson that is

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Penny showed me exactly what I say on his college tape. The ability to move laterally with slight shifts without losing speed, then the burst. Very impressive. I like Mike Davis, but I would much prefer a Carson + Penny combo.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":omznhsbs said:
Spin Doctor":omznhsbs said:
chris98251":omznhsbs said:
Spin Doctor":omznhsbs said:
One good game and people are trying to say he should unseat Carson? Funny. Penny is not a good back, as I said in the game forum even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. Third string is where this kid belongs. Thus far he seems to only have success running on sweeps, and to the outside. Use him there, and let Davis and Carson gain the hard yards through the middle. It's good that he recognized the holes and was a bit more decisive, but something about Penny still stinks.

Yeah so you said that about Shaun Alexander also then I assume.............
Nope. Alexander could run up the middle and, even at the goal line he could be a bruiser. Just don't see many redeeming qualities with Penny. He is going to be a bust, and people are free to quote me on that.

He did this how many times his first year ?

He did this how many times without a Elite Line in Hutch, Jones, Tobeck, Grey, and whomever was the Right Tackle that year?
The Seahawks thus far have one of the best runblocking lines in the NFL at the moment. That argument doesn't hold up. For a vast majority of the season Penny has looked like garbage even behind this line.

Also yes, while Alexander played behind Hutch, Jones, Tobeck, Grey, and Locklear I don't think any back could have had the success that he had. I definitely think they inflated his numbers, for sure. That being said he never missed a crease and was very good at setting up his blockers. Penny is like a homeless mans Alexander, and I mean that in the most demeaning way.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm grateful that he is available once again. He may be the difference between a win or a loss this Thursday. I am happy the Las Vegas has us by 2.5 points.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":303kmn6q said:
chris98251":303kmn6q said:
Spin Doctor":303kmn6q said:
chris98251":303kmn6q said:
Yeah so you said that about Shaun Alexander also then I assume.............
Nope. Alexander could run up the middle and, even at the goal line he could be a bruiser. Just don't see many redeeming qualities with Penny. He is going to be a bust, and people are free to quote me on that.

He did this how many times without a Elite Line in Hutch, Jones, Tobeck, Grey, and whomever was the Right Tackle that year?
The Seahawks thus far have one of the best runblocking lines in the NFL at the moment. That argument doesn't hold up. For a vast majority of the season Penny has looked like garbage even behind this line.

Also yes, while Alexander played behind Hutch, Jones, Tobeck, Grey, and Locklear I don't think any back could have had the success that he had. I definitely think they inflated his numbers, for sure. That being said he never missed a crease and was very good at setting up his blockers. Penny is like a homeless mans Alexander, and I mean that in the most demeaning way.

So you dodge the question and add more demeaning text.

What did Alexander do his first season ???????

This line was not elite at the beginning of the season either, keep your excuses and evasion coming.

Good job.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":18is7t3y said:
Spin Doctor":18is7t3y said:
chris98251":18is7t3y said:
Spin Doctor":18is7t3y said:

This line was not elite at the beginning of the season either, keep your excuses and evasion coming.

Good job.
He didn't get an opportunity because he couldn't pass block or catch the ball. Holmgren was also notorious for not letting rookie players play. These two things are elements that Alexander never developed in his game. We also had Ricky Watters, whom was far better than Carson or Davis. Watters went on to rush for 1272 yards, and 7 TDs that season, and had 600 yards receiving, which was good for 9th in the league at the time (rushing wise). I'm also of the opinion that we didn't really need Alexander. We had Ahman Green, but cut him due to fumbling problems. Low and behold he fixed them, and had similar career numbers to Alexander at least in the YPC, and total yards stats.

I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct. Again, feel free to quote me, and save it for a later date. Penny will be a mediocre to bad running back in this league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2j7at1l8 said:
chris98251":2j7at1l8 said:
Spin Doctor":2j7at1l8 said:
chris98251":2j7at1l8 said:

Good job.
He didn't get an opportunity because he couldn't pass block or catch the ball. Holmgren was also notorious for not letting rookie players play. These two things are elements that Alexander never developed in his game.

Once again, I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct. Again, feel free to quote me, and save it for a later date. Penny will be a mediocre to bad running back in this league.

So he did nothing as a higher draft pick his first year then Penny who can catch passes and pass block both which Alexander never did worth a darn but Penny is a bust?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":3oj6mfye said:
Spin Doctor":3oj6mfye said:
chris98251":3oj6mfye said:
Spin Doctor":3oj6mfye said:

Good job.
He didn't get an opportunity because he couldn't pass block or catch the ball. Holmgren was also notorious for not letting rookie players play. These two things are elements that Alexander never developed in his game.

Once again, I'm quite confident that time will prove me correct. Again, feel free to quote me, and save it for a later date. Penny will be a mediocre to bad running back in this league.

So he did nothing as a higher draft pick his first year then Penny who can catch passes and pass block both which Alexander never did worth a darn but Penny is a bust?
I'm not saying Penny will be a bust because he isn't starting. I'm saying that he is going to be a bust because he isn't a good player, and I don't believe he will ever be one. Also, he isn't good at pass blocking. Good catcher, but pass blocking needs a lot of work.

So why do I think Penny will be a bad player? He lacks both elusiveness and power. He can't make people miss, nor can he shrug off tacklers. If a running back cannot make the first person miss, or break the first tackle they will be doomed to a future of mediocrity. Even in this game he didn't really make people miss or break tackles. He just ran through wide open lanes on the outside. He did a good job identifying those lanes and he capitalized, but that is about the only good thing I can say about his running. Thus far in the NFL that is the only thing he's been able to do with any kind of consistency. He is very one dimensional in the running game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3f61aj73 said:
So why do I think Penny will be a bad player? He lacks both elusiveness and power. He can't make people miss, nor can he shrug off tacklers. .

Your opinion is not accurate. Look at his PFF rankings last year. Lead the nation in yards per carry when contacted behind LOS. That strongly indicates elusiveness and power. Problem with your argument against is you have none. You type a bunch of words with no factual evidence to back it. On the other hand all I come with are facts.

Read this: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... und-talent

:2thumbs:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3jqji9m7 said:
Spin Doctor":3jqji9m7 said:
chris98251":3jqji9m7 said:
Spin Doctor":3jqji9m7 said:

Good job.

I hate to be a party pooper, but the difference between Alexander's first year and the next 4 can be summed up in two words. Steve Hutchinson. Having the Hutch and Big Walt blocking MADE Alexander. Change my mind. :2thumbs: