Hawks vs 49ers comparison since 2002 realignment

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Hey all, I know many of you are sick of the 49ers comparisons. Truth is this might be the best rivalry in North American professional sports right now so this chatter isn't going away.

While watching the Super Bowl for the 4th time this AM I did a little comparison research since 2002 realignment

Hawks : reg season wins 105, playoff appearances 8, Div titles 6, playoff wins 9, and most of all SB wins 1

49ers : reg season wins 92, playoff appearances 4, Div titles 3, playoff wins 6, SB wins 0

Also we're up 14-11 in head to head reg + post season matchups

Whose got it better than them ? All evidence would point to us :)

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sooooo.....they won a bunch of Super Bowls before I was born.

I'm 27 by the way.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep, I had a full head of hair when the 49rs had a real relevance to a Championship caliber team and Coaching.
I'm not even sure that they're even the 2nd best team in the NFC WEST anymore.
Hell, the Rams have won the Lombardi and the Cards have even played in a Super Bowl since then, and now the Seahawks?
The NFC WEST is the toughest in the NFC Conference and even the whole NFL, so the 9rs are in good company, just not the best in the WEST. :141847_bnono:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Whiners are the classic example of a franchise living in the past. They had their chance last year and blew it against an inferior opponent (Baltimore). Choke job, all the way.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Whiners window is slowly closing.

Justin Smith, Frank Gore and Anquan Boldin are in their last years... or very close to it... and the Whiners don't have their replacements on their roster.

And Kaepernick has yet to show the kind of development that suggests he can make multiple reads.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
12thManNorth":335k90r5 said:
Hey all, I know many of you are sick of the 49ers comparisons. Truth is this might be the best rivalry in North American professional sports right now so this chatter isn't going away.

While watching the Super Bowl for the 4th time this AM I did a little comparison research since 2002 realignment

Hawks : reg season wins 105, playoff appearances 8, Div titles 6, playoff wins 9, and most of all SB wins 1

49ers : reg season wins 92, playoff appearances 4, Div titles 3, playoff wins 6, SB wins 0

Also we're up 14-11 in head to head reg + post season matchups

Whose got it better than them ? All evidence would point to us :)

I need to update this as this was written in the summer, I also think I should include DVOA matchups eventually. But I think this is along the lines of your thinking more or less.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69542