Hawks need to draft LB

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is something I found on him.....

No linebacker in the country has more total QB pressures than Brooks, despite rushing the passer only 86 times this year (26th-most). Brooks leads the country’s linebackers with 34 total pressures, including five sacks, four QB hits and 25 more hurries, while he’s also second in the country with 48 total defensive stops. Brooks has allowed just 81 yards in coverage on his 199 snaps in which he’s dropped back, and he’s recorded 39 stops (third) in run defense, proving to be a complete, three-down linebacker in contention for top linebacker in the country by year’s end.
An every-down threat for the Red Raiders, Brooks finished the year as the country’s fifth-highest graded linebacker after earning impressive grades across the board. He was dominant against the run and strong in coverage, but when he did blitz the passer, there was almost no one better at the position. Brooks finished the season with 44 total QB pressures, tying for the national lead with Chris Orr, but Brooks needed 16 fewer pass-rushes to do so. Rounding out his incredible season was his sure tackling and reliable coverage; he missed just 12 of his 121 total attempts on the year and didn’t allow a touchdown or a pass reception longer than 32 into his primary coverage.“

Pass rusher and run stopping LB for early downs. Sounds similar to the role we had Irvin and Mingo play. Im sure on passing downs, they’ll play more Nickel with Amadi in his second year or if they address the position in the draft.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Well this need they addressed. Brooks seems very good at stopping the run on the perimeter.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
TwilightError":21rnonj6 said:
Well this need they addressed. Brooks seems very good at stopping the run on the perimeter.

Wow couple good points in here. Brooks also is faaasssttt

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":24xx3q90 said:
Well, obviously, they felt the same way. Except they chose a guy nobody was watching which seems to be their M.O.

Not sure exactly why they chose him unless they are thinking next year may be Wagners last. They did get a player with good speed and is a tackling machine which was a low point last year.

He fits the BAMF profile and something the Hawks desperately need. I was hoping they would have taken g** jr....but hey, this is prototypical Seahawks draft.

Most scouts had Gay Jr and Queen ahead of Brooks but Brooks does check all the boxes and he is great against the run and he was good at getting pressure as well. The only real downside I can see is the shoulder but player health just isn't something you can predict all in all he was pretty damn durable at Texas Tech.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Take the time to study his highlights, interviews etc. I'm likely in the minority, but I have a good feeling about this pick. He's gonna' prove a lot of people wrong. Dude is FAST, and aggressive. Very much a Wags type player.

Osprey

Reaction score
Good call L80.

The pick fits the current need as identified and sets up flexibility to offload an expensive vet next year.

In a normal year I’d say there’s a possibility KJ goes this year, but without OTAs that’s less likely. Only see it if they get desperate for cap space on a big move.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
My thinking is that with all the defensive needs and the virus limiting all team activities they will pick players that they feel will be able to pick things up in a hurry and possibly be productive this year.

They need to address d line today.

These 3 picks are super important.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":rxlvfxmm said:
My thinking is that with all the defensive needs and the virus limiting all team activities they will pick players that they feel will be able to pick things up in a hurry and possibly be productive this year.

They need to address d line today.

These 3 picks are super important.

Edge, tackle, RB?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
They didn't take edge with the first pick. I'm thinking they go DT. Raekwan Davis, Da Von Hamilton and Leki Fotu are exactly what the doctor ordered. They need to get one of them. They can go RB later.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking the list of available players, there are some damn talented guys left. I think they trade down with one of these 2nd round picks. Would love to see them get an extra 3rd.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Defense is the key today I hope they hang onto both second rounders and get players to help the defense.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Largent80":1w0z3hnb said:
Defense is the key today I hope they hang onto both second rounders and get players to help the defense.

Agree that DL is the next necessity if there is something available. At this point most draft picks along the line will be "projects" rather than day 1 starters. But it's still the biggest need on the team.

Of course I wouldn't mind a young OT.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hat tip to Largent80.

I wasn't convinced we should draft a LB early, but that was because I didn't really consider the possibility of getting a guy who could be disruptive in the backfield, and change what we need for fixing the line.

I really like this pick, and hope it pans out.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
bigskydoc":28stjbxm said:
Hat tip to Largent80.

I wasn't convinced we should draft a LB early, but that was because I didn't really consider the possibility of getting a guy who could be disruptive in the backfield, and change what we need for fixing the line.

I really like this pick, and hope it pans out.

Thanks man, after watching them get beat easily by opposing OC's on the edge and the terrible tackling, this to me was an obvious need.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Largent80":39mptxwh said:

Agreed. Also congrats to Largent80 for calling the linebacker pick. Hahaha

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice job L80! I thought LB was a need too (especially when it came to speedier players). However, I thought it would be Terrell Lewis but Brooks has speed and doesn't have Lewis' injury history.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Thank you guys but to me it was so obvious after watching the games......We still have work to do, lets DO IT.