Hawks have 5 players on the top 100.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1of5qgbn said:
BullHawk33":1of5qgbn said:
I'm not sure if they change it up or not but they did a preview for next weeks and I swear I saw a direct photo shot of Unger on there. Teaser? Misdirection?
Last night they showed one of the DT's on the list working against Unger. Could be that is what you saw but only the players know for sure right?

Any way I figure that if we have 5 in the top 100 we must have 48 in the next 100.
IIRC, it was Justin Smith working against Max... but they also flashed a separate shot of Unger with his helmet off... likely cause he was All Pro in 2012. His play is 2013 shouldn't be winning him any rewards.

He was playing hurt most every game.

And the Hawks having only 5 players on the list means, at a minimum, Michael Bennett and Bobby Wagner are getting overlooked.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well Seattle will more than likely have three players in the Top 20 and possibly two in the top 10. That's pretty solid.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BullHawk33":20qe26n5 said:
I'm not sure if they change it up or not but they did a preview for next weeks and I swear I saw a direct photo shot of Unger on there. Teaser? Misdirection?

They do misdirection a lot on the show. They need their filler.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
How bout Polamalu being ranked 4 spots above Kam....

I'll give him credit, he's one of the few Steelers I actually like, and he was great for a few years, but I dunno if id rank him up there as one of the top safeties in the NFL anymore; I think he's livin on (deserved) reputation right now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Thunderbird":38jmf9gq said:
What about Unger? Baldy? Harvin? Max? Okung?

The voting system is very flawed. Since Kam has been revealed it's a pretty fair assumption that the remaining 4 players are going to be Sherman, Thomas, Wilson and Lynch.

Unger and Okung aren't going to get it because of injury. Same with Harvin (Even though Peyton Manning was voted in the top 100 in 2011). He was voted 90 last year and played in far more games and was an MVP candidate.

Baldwin doesn't have the same recognition to the rest of the league.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kearly":vcj4tl2t said:
The 49ers have some good players, but I don't understand how they could have better representation than Seattle, much less TWICE the representation.

The only slam dunk top 100 players the 49ers have are Kaepernick, Bowman, and Aldon Smith. There are a few debatable guys they have after that, but no more debatable than about 15 players on Seattle's roster that didn't make it.

Justin Smith and Joe Staley have the name recognition. Probably the same for Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree. By no means do i think that should happen, just what i expect to happen when you consider the nature of the voting process.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
they should do voting like the pro-bowl. while it's not perfect there are far fewer snubs and more legit top tier players.

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":ft52i3nt said:
Voting takes place the same time as ProBowl voting. That should answer all your questions.

You mean back when Seattle was 11-1? :p

I agree with what others have said, the disrespect is a good thing. It's stupid and annoying, but it's a good thing for our team.

As far as Foles, a lot of people are laughing at his placement. I sincerely hope that they are laughing at his number for being too low, he is one of the best young QBs in the game right now.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crabtree will not be on the list. He missed half the year last year. Iupati will most likely be on there.

And I dont know when the voting takes place. Namely cause last year Jacoby Jones made the list. And noone is convincing me he makes the list without his playoff run.

Steve2222

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2b57xalx said:
Crabtree will not be on the list. He missed half the year last year. Iupati will most likely be on there.

And I dont know when the voting takes place. Namely cause last year Jacoby Jones made the list. And noone is convincing me he makes the list without his playoff run.

This. It has to be the end of the complete year. Jacoby Jones got in for what he did in the playoffs. I mean Percy was rated #91 for what he did in the 2012 season and going into week 10 he was an MVP candidate. Jacobys regular season didn't come close to Percy's and he was rated higher.

brettb3

Reaction score
kearly":sx1fj3p2 said:
The 49ers have some good players, but I don't understand how they could have better representation than Seattle, much less TWICE the representation.

The only slam dunk top 100 players the 49ers have are Kaepernick, Bowman, and Aldon Smith. There are a few debatable guys they have after that, but no more debatable than about 15 players on Seattle's roster that didn't make it.

But what's really puzzling is Denver having so many. That is not a very good roster outside of a small handful of star players. The differential in roster strength between them and Seattle in the Superbowl could not have been more obvious.

I honestly thought that after winning 16 of 19 games, finishing #1 in DVOA, winning the best division and the best conference in the NFL, and blowing out Peyton Manning by 35 points in the big game would finally bring Seattle pretty close the respect they deserve. I guess not.
The voting process for this list is a sham anyways. PFF's top 101 is much better. The Seahawks lead the pack with eight players, while the 49ers have six.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
keatonisballin":1fh99f6j said:
I don't understand how Bennett or Wagner aren't on the list. Hell even Avril and KJ.

Two of the four have only been on the team one year, and linebackers who don't get sacks are a tough get on such a superficial contest that is the "Top 100". Percy Harvin probably more likely for two reverses and a KO return in the super bowl. JMHO

McG

Reaction score
It is an opinion poll. The rest of the league (players) do not like the Seahawks. We are 2,000 to 3,000 miles away from most teams. When they come to Seattle to play us they get their asses kicked and are deaf for like 2 or 3 days, just like a concert. We have a midget and a beast on offense, not to mention a group of maniacs on defense (who I'm guessing probably don't kiss the other teams ass after it's been handed to them). This isn't a "best 100 players" poll, it is a popularity contest. It's just fodder for the NFLN to spew about in order to get people talking/watching football when most players are working out or out making bad decisions. I'm glad that the league disrespected our guys again, it's like a big middle finger to a team that doesn't need a lot of motivation to decide they want to dominate the league, again.