Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
two dog":1jxpejc8 said:
This has to be kind of irritating to Allen too. He's sort of painted himself into the corner. By dinkin' around signing
with anybody he's let all the chump money be spent. Of course there's always Jerry Jones who is always willing to
go into debt for a "name" player.

But in reality the music is almost stopped and with few exceptions, like Seattle, the pretty girls are all taken and
He may have to go home with a clock stopper (Oakland) if he wants all he thinks he's worth.

Decisions, decisions......poor Jared
You've exceeded the number of metaphors allowed in one post. Please ban yourself.

:)

drdiags

Reaction score
six sigma":27rm8v0x said:
Could be worse, at least we'll know in a couple of days. I remember what the Scout board was like when everyone was desperate to get Ed Hartwell.

Yeah, everybody posting to his website to beg him to come. I told him to go to Atlanta but was just kidding. Then he goes and signs for them. DOOH!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h7yx4xs said:
Smelly McUgly":1h7yx4xs said:
I love Minneapolis myself. Not as much as here, but if I had to move to the Midwest, I'd only live there.
Speaking as someone who has been through Minneapolis a few times by car and by air, I'm going to have to demand that the mods revoke your posting privileges. Like, forever.

Seriously though, there's one good place in the Midwest, and it's Chicago.

Diezel Dawg":1h7yx4xs said:
Kids schools for one thing. Uprooting them from their friends is a big deal, depending on their ages, etc
Bah, it's a good learning experience for kids to do once, at least.
I totally agree. But the initial move is tough on them

Guardian

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s7uyhyn said:
How in the world could his family not be on board to move? They live in freaking Minnesota. Seriously, has anyone ever been there?
Yes. I live there. It's actually pretty nice, unless you don't like snow or sub-zero winters. It's pretty flat, I miss all the trees and rain and mountains I grew up with, but it has nice lakes, MPR, zero traffic issues ever, and nobody ever spoils the outcome of Seahawk or Sounders games before I have a chance to watch the recording. Chinese food is pretty horrendous, though. And they cut pizza into squares, but aside from that, it's a nice place to raise a family.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I get the feeling he is signing in Seattle, but is just going to wait out a day for any last chance offers or even for Seattle to up the ante even a hair to get the deal done.

He really doesn't have a ton of options and I don't want the Hawks overpaying him. They are in a great place because they don't need him, but in a Hawks uniform it would be show time for the defense.

Heh..

The Giants won with Strahan, Osi and then Tuck with JPP.

The Hawks would have guys at that level, even more lethal, but all at the same time. Avril, Bennett, Bane, Irvin, McD and Allen? The young guys will get a lot of help like Scruggs, Hill and Williams.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Guardian":3s3hybh5 said:
RolandDeschain":3s3hybh5 said:
How in the world could his family not be on board to move? They live in freaking Minnesota. Seriously, has anyone ever been there?
Yes. I live there. It's actually pretty nice, unless you don't like snow or sub-zero winters. It's pretty flat, I miss all the trees and rain and mountains I grew up with, but it has nice lakes, MPR, zero traffic issues ever, and nobody ever spoils the outcome of Seahawk or Sounders games before I have a chance to watch the recording. Chinese food is pretty horrendous, though. And they cut pizza into squares, but aside from that, it's a nice place to raise a family.
How are their other culinary offerings besides Chinese? And the really important question, how good is their beer selection?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Guardian":2rtuh6c9 said:
RolandDeschain":2rtuh6c9 said:

MN is AWESOME during the summer, and super chill/relaxing during the Winter (I don't mind the cold, so it's awesome to me). There's a ton of stuff to do, and turkey gangs pretty much run Northern Minneapolis (it's bad ass).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
...if there was ever any wonder why they consider the PNW the passive-aggressive capital of the world this thread is exhibit A. The usual suspects over-reacting...... And some wonder why I hate Facebook and Twitter with a passion.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
9 milli, does that sound right?

He wants 10, but he won't get it.

So you gona quit football because you got 1 milli less, ok bro, have a good one.

TAB420

Reaction score
9 mil a season is a lot for a guy thats only use to playing 16 games a season. Maybe thats why he's holding out for more money, he knows he will have to play more games then he's use to....lol j/k

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Hey Roland those guys have been house bound for 6 months. They are very crabby right now. Don't sweat it

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2oav565p said:
Guardian":2oav565p said:
RolandDeschain":2oav565p said:
How are their other culinary offerings besides Chinese? And the really important question, how good is their beer selection?
Okay, that isn't fair.:)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1lcgr2sy said:
NFSeahawks628":1lcgr2sy said:
9 milli, does that sound right?
I have no idea. What is your source?

Or was your entire post based on a wild guess?

He wants 10 mil, Bennett got 8.5 mil. Seattle most likely offered 9 mil, Allen said talks were good, it only makes sense.

OR, I could be completely wrong, but thats what forums are for right?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Uncle Si":z8f5fdd4 said:
RolandDeschain":z8f5fdd4 said:
Lol @ the two guys pimping MN.

Suck a bag of d#@%s...

Some of us live here

Not sure I'd call it living... What is it that Tosh says? "The middle of the country is for people who have already given up on their dreams?"

:sarcasm_off:

plyka

Reaction score
Guardian":37wvq4di said:
RolandDeschain":37wvq4di said:

It's odd that the shape of pizza would affect its taste, but it really does...nothing like a triangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts