Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":15wd5fok said:
seahawk12thman":15wd5fok said:
That must mean they are satisfied with the progress of either Williams or Scruggs.

It's difficult to progress when you're recovering from an ACL injury (Scruggs) or trying to save your career (Williams).

That's pretty much the way I see it. Also, Hill hasn't proven he can be consistent, much less stay healty. Completely unproven DL depth at this point.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I've been generally lukewarm about Allen but after thinking on it we would be far better with him but fine without him. So really it's up to him to decide if money is more important then legacy whichever choice he chooses won't make me mad at him.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I think this boils down to if the family is on board with the move. I think this is a done deal. Retire and make no Money, or make 10-14 million more for 2 more years and get a ring or two. No brainer there

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SonicHawk":3ce2k73i said:
Smelly McUgly":3ce2k73i said:
Boy, Jared Allen is an irritating dude. Do you want the money or not? No one else is offering you anything.

At this point, I'd love him because we only have Mayowa on the other side right now and this is no draft for edge rushers, but he's being quite tiresome. You know the offer, take it or reject it already.

Oh come on... really? You're mad at a guy because he's taking his time with a multi million dollar contract?

No, I'm not mad at him. I'm calling him irritating. I'm irritated. I'm allowed to be irritated. If I were him, I'd probably take my time too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How in the world could his family not be on board to move? They live in freaking Minnesota. Seriously, has anyone ever been there?

Xarbx425

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s5zhp46 said:
How in the world could his family not be on board to move? They live in freaking Minnesota. Seriously, has anyone ever been there?

Minny is like Detroits "Slightly more wealthy" step brother.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Kids schools for one thing. Uprooting them from their friends is a big deal, depending on their ages, etc

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1djckj7d said:
I love Minneapolis myself. Not as much as here, but if I had to move to the Midwest, I'd only live there.
Speaking as someone who has been through Minneapolis a few times by car and by air, I'm going to have to demand that the mods revoke your posting privileges. Like, forever.

Seriously though, there's one good place in the Midwest, and it's Chicago.

Diezel Dawg":1djckj7d said:
Kids schools for one thing. Uprooting them from their friends is a big deal, depending on their ages, etc
Bah, it's a good learning experience for kids to do once, at least.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Is that because O'Hare is one of the biggest transport hubs in the US and you can get a flight out pretty damn quickly? :)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":2o444ejb said:
Smelly McUgly":2o444ejb said:
I love Minneapolis myself. Not as much as here, but if I had to move to the Midwest, I'd only live there.
Speaking as someone who has been through Minneapolis a few times by car and by air, I'm going to have to demand that the mods revoke your posting privileges. Like, forever.

Seriously though, there's one good place in the Midwest, and it's Chicago.

I find Chicago depressing.

I like the rail in Minneapolis, there are lakes, there is a cool blues/Southern food restaurant downtown and surprisingly diverse cuisine throughout the city, they have nice farmer's markets...yeah, I think you're just being snotty here, homie. That, or I'm just a simple man with simple tastes. :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Actually they live in Arizona in the offseason, but it is a lot nicer in Seattle than it is in Minnesota in the winter.

Besides that we have a team that regularly plays in January and now hopefully regularly in February.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Having grown up in Seattle and now living in Minneapolis the two aren't comparable..

But... Minneapolis is one if the easiest cities I've ever been to. If you have kids that's a big deal

vonstout

Reaction score
I don't think there are any other serious offers. I'm guessing he's deciding on our less than what he wants offer or retiring. I bet we are offering 5-6 mil tops and making it a contract that we can walk away from in 1 or 2 years.

Maxman186

Reaction score
vonstout":1elqmhvn said:
I don't think there are any other serious offers. I'm guessing he's deciding on our less than what he wants offer or retiring. I bet we are offering 5-6 mil tops and making it a contract that we can walk away from in 1 or 2 years.
I think he is leaving the decision up to his family

two dog

Reaction score
This has to be kind of irritating to Allen too. He's sort of painted himself into the corner. By dinkin' around signing
with anybody he's let all the chump money be spent. Of course there's always Jerry Jones who is always willing to
go into debt for a "name" player.

But in reality the music is almost stopped and with few exceptions, like Seattle, the pretty girls are all taken and
He may have to go home with a clock stopper (Oakland) if he wants all he thinks he's worth.

Decisions, decisions......poor Jared

dbmack

Reaction score
Their daughter will be 3 in October but I suppose she could have day care friends she couldn't live without.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4jsehonm said:

His home is in Arizona, and thats where he's flying from.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Just trying to squeeze a few $$ IMO. They know Clem's contract and want the money he was getting I suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.