Hawks Claim O'Brien Schofield

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a good move, Schofield was very underrated in the draft and picked in the 4th rd. when many thought he had a potential 1st rd. value. When healthy he's a solid pass rusher. I really liked this guy in the draft back then and thought he was a talented but injured player who might pay real dividends when healthy like Thurmond.

Am very curious to see if this D will be a 4-3, 3-4, or 5-2 or a morphing hybrid combo of the above. The team is steadily acquiring pass rushing talent. I'm excited by the prospect of having a stable of pass rushers who are either Leo's or OLBs: Clemons, Avril, Irvin, Powell, Boatright, and now Schofield. Add them to Bennett, Scruggs (PUP), Howard, and Hill and suddenly there is a pass rush no matter which front is shown.

Can't wait to see how this plays out but the Hawks improved with this move.

Sac

Reaction score
I have a feeling we're going to play a lot of 3-3-5 today ends up, looking like a 4-2-5

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Any cousin of Bobby Engram is solid with me.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":zqzgixfc said:
I have a feeling we're going to play a lot of 3-3-5 today ends up, looking like a 4-2-5

I agree the 3-3-5 sounds like a real possibility . Perhaps they have a similar thinking to buddy Ryan and his 46 Chicago defense.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Good pick up, when healthy he was productive in the Cards' scheme. He fell in the draft because of an injury; he was definitely a guy projected to go a lot earlier.

Tical21":1caru8lq said:
Yep, heard on Clayton's show that Arizona just didn't want to have to rely on him anymore, and would rather put in somebody else who they thought would have a better chance to continually improve.
This post is a stretch? The Cardinals didn't want to rely on him? WHY?!?

They want somebody else who has a better chances to continually improve?? They brought in 35 year old John Abraham to replace him. How much better can Abraham get.

Guy can play when healthy. Sounds kinda Leo-ish to me, but we'll see!

I agree with this part tho.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Can never have enough pass rushers i think Schofield can be the blitzing OLB the hawks need to fill the void til Irvin makes it back. I'm really excited to see what this defense can do under Quinn.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Happypuppy":3qn9nwy1 said:
SacHawk2.0":3qn9nwy1 said:

I agree the 3-3-5 sounds like a real possibility . Perhaps they have a similar thinking to buddy Ryan and his 46 Chicago defense.

This is a super-interesting thought. If they have a rotation of Avril, Schofield, and Irvin at OLB to supply pass rush, that would be pretty awesome.

This base would be something like Bennett - Mebane - Bryant up front with Avril - Wagner - Irvin/Wright behind them, correct?

Seaswab

Reaction score
with Irvin suspended, Clemons still hurt, Avril battling an injury, we are extremely thin at DE the first few games.