Hawks Claim O'Brien Schofield

ErikG803

Reaction score
Like it. Seems like the majority Cardinals fans weren't too happy with letting him go, according to their SBNation poll.

McGruff

Reaction score
More and more the Seahawks are looking less like a 3-4 or 4-3 and more like a experimental 5-2. It's the ideal front for defending the spread option.

warden

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":19530u7x said:
A 3-4 LB. Hmmm, I wonder if this fits with the rumblings that I have heard that 3-4 tendencies will become more pronounced on this defense.

The theory behind our modified 4/3 with big Red in at end and a leo resembles that of a 3 four more then the traditional 4 three. In order for it to work in base defense, you need the ability to have a pass rush from somewhere other then the leo spot. Out side LB is where you need it to come from. I think the original hope was that someone with the athleticism of Aron Curry would excel in that role. He didn't, so we are still trying to fill that spot. Looks like Irvin, maybe Avril or Schofield are going to be looked at to finally get it right.

Pick6

Reaction score
Heard the guy had a lot of potential coming out of college. Maybe he just needs a new environment.

Johnny

Reaction score
He has very good size for our scheme.. and from what the Cards fans are saying about him is that he has some potential to become a good pass rusher.. Maybe Kenny Norton can get him to take that next step.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
bubbrubb":n587fi9p said:
Throwdown":n587fi9p said:
my goodness, 6'3 242????? thats a big LB, i likes

isn't 6"3 242 an average size? Guys like Cushing are pushing 260?
I've been trying to keep my eye on Ty Powell (#58) in the live stream. He's listed as 6-2/249. (Irvin is 6-3/248) I was wondering if Seattle might claim Schofield. Great to have him on the training camp roster and it will be interesting to see who emerges. It's got to make his former teammates in Arizona wonder when they supposedly released him to try to keep up with the rest of the NFC West (according to C. Campbell on signing Abraham and releasing Schofield.) That's an interesting twist. One of the teams they're trying to catch up to signs the guy. That part I love.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Little known fact, Bobby Engram is Schofield's cousin. Injuries have been the biggest issue for him. He tore his ACL during practices for the Senior Bowl and was thus limited as a rookie. Then he had the injury which ended his season after 9 games last year. When healthy he's been a reasonably productive pass rusher, just not good against the run. I see him more as a Sam LB here than a Leo DE.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am really surprised he was let go, it must have been a cap move. He was very good with AZ. Really interested in seeing the defensive fronts the Hawks use.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yep, heard on Clayton's show that Arizona just didn't want to have to rely on him anymore, and would rather put in somebody else who they thought would have a better chance to continually improve. Guy can play when healthy. Sounds kinda Leo-ish to me, but we'll see!

Jville

Reaction score
GawksAtHawks":3rvon4i8 said:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/press/article-1/Seahawks-Make-Roster-Moves/59ddb123-c477-4cd8-8eb5-bc83ed39047d

Looks like we released a tackle to make room. I like this move.
The Seattle Seahawks have released tackle Jake Bscherer and claimed linebacker O'Brien Schofield off waivers (Arizona), the team announced this afternoon.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/press/article-1/Seahawks-Make-Roster-Moves/59ddb123-c477-4cd8-8eb5-bc83ed39047d[/urltargetblank]

HawkWow

Reaction score
bubbrubb":441j3l7b said:
Throwdown":441j3l7b said:
my goodness, 6'3 242????? thats a big LB, i likes

isn't 6"3 242 an average size? Guys like Cushing are pushing 260?

I like Cushing. Let's bring him in.

'Zona should have kept Schofield to catch balls from Palmer in camp.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I like it, O'Brien is pretty solid from what i've seen of him down here. Will be interesting to watch how LB shakes out in camp.

Latest posts