Hawks '14 Off-Season Trans | Sherman Signs Extension

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 now
Great visit with Gus and the Jaguars Organization, some good people. They're headed in the right direction. Now off to San Fran.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1pi8l7pg said:
SonicHawk":1pi8l7pg said:
Harvin is our #1.
For the sake of the Seahawks he better not be.

In the 3 games he managed to play in he only caught a total of 5 passes.

His average distance from the goalline on catches over a 2 year period was 2.6 yards, meaning he doesn't do much route running and when he does go out on a route he is mostly a decoy or simply not thrown to.

He had some success with trick plays, but as far as actually going out and running routes and catching the ball he is behind Kearse and possibly even Lockette.

Not only is he not a #1, it's hard to call him a WR. He is a KR who also dabbles in RB/WR.

This is enough to never take anything you post seriously. This is so full of fail. Listen to how other players speak of him.

Some folks need to drop the #1 WR stuff. Based on what I always understood that to mean was the absolute best of the best. The outside guys that get doubled and still produce. That list is very short I'm the league, even with so much passing.

D. Thomas, Gordon, Dez, Megatron, Julio, Fitz(maybe)

That's basically the list. Harvin will be the number one 'weapon' on this team not named Beast. If you didn't cream yourself a tad watching him in the Super Bowl, I feel sorry for you, not being able to recognize special.

Also, saying that Lockette probably runs routes better than Percy Harvin is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. It hurt my brain a little

davidonmi

Reaction score
so thurmond gets caught cheating and then wants to tweet about how the seahawks haven't shown enough loyalty.
Good grief

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

This is an interesting twist. I’m told the #Seahawks are now interested in re-signing WR Sidney Rice, a salary cap casualty.
Vet minimum I would wager. I doubt other teams had much interest due to his injury issues.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1zazc7mv said:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

This is an interesting twist. I’m told the #Seahawks are now interested in re-signing WR Sidney Rice, a salary cap casualty.
Vet minimum I would wager. I doubt other teams had much interest due to his injury issues.

I was expecting this and getting him back for cheap would be really nice.

Subzero717

Reaction score
davidonmi":o45fxtrc said:
so thurmond gets caught cheating and then wants to tweet about how the seahawks haven't shown enough loyalty.
Good grief

Please post his tweets. I havent seen them.

ballard1951

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":iiu3rkz3 said:
davidonmi":iiu3rkz3 said:
Good grief

walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 12h
People need to chill, I haven't made a decision. It's a visit. You know like college recruiting,same thing smh

It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 13h
Great visit with Gus and the Jaguars Organization, some good people. They're headed in the right direction. Now off to San Fran.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ballard1951":1lemq50f said:
CALIHAWK1":1lemq50f said:
davidonmi":1lemq50f said:
Good grief

People need to chill, I haven't made a decision. It's a visit. You know like college recruiting,same thing smh

It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

I dont see the disloyal talk. It is a business.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":prw3kl2e said:
NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL
Visits tracker: Henry Melton meeting with the Seattle Seahawks http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... witter_atl

Ooooooh
Yeah-yuh! Would love this If the deal is right.

I would be pleased if Rice is signed cheap. Any WR drafted will likely take a couple years to develop, if they do. WR and offensive line are areas of need.

I wouldn't expect WT to sign with the Hawks, and if he goes anywhere I hope it is the Jags.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You got to love the possibility of Melton.

I wonder what kind of contract he'll get? Another 1 year like MB? Coming of that ACL is hard.

mikeak

Reaction score
ballard1951":3fatlnlr said:
CALIHAWK1":3fatlnlr said:
davidonmi":3fatlnlr said:
Good grief

What is wrong with those tweets? He is just saying Seahawks makes business decision that everyone is ok with - cutting players so he has the right to visit with teams and sign where he wants including the 49ers.

He is 100% correct. Doesn't sound like any hard feelings he is just telling fans to stop tweeting him junk about lack of loyalty etc

byau

Reaction score
HawkMeat":2nf2vhc1 said:
Any WR drafted will likely take a couple years to develop, if they do. WR and offensive line are areas of need.

I wouldn't expect WT to sign with the Hawks, and if he goes anywhere I hope it is the Jags.

Hawks coaches and front office seem to develop players faster than most. Helps they seem to scout well. Considering what many Hawks players accomplished in just a few years in the league.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is early but as it stands right now we would be relying on Scruggs, Williams, Boatright, Brooks, Hill, Mayowa. and Cherrington (?) to fill the 3 spots vacated. Yeesh.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ballard1951":2g2p2hkk said:
Thurmond sounds quite grumpy to me. Like he has no belief in a new contract with the Seahawks.

I dont know for sure but I havent heard anything where they have offered him one.

Latest posts