Have you seen this horrible rap video about the Seahawks?

MrCarey

Reaction score
Largent80":e3kfe1bo said:
MrCarey":e3kfe1bo said:
Not even Macklemore, Largent? You've gotta at least not HATE him, I guess.

Does it matter if I do or don't?

Yes, it makes me sad inside if you don't like him just because he is a rapper. Musicism is a terrible problem that needs to be taken serious.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":1jkuy5ts said:
MrCarey":1jkuy5ts said:
Not even Macklemore, Largent? You've gotta at least not HATE him, I guess.

Does it matter if I do or don't?

Not really. You're old. You're not supposed too. You might not even be allowed to.

MrCarey

Reaction score
[youtube]6MVFwCx7AkA[/youtube]

Old white guys can be cool, too.

NSFW for language.

Largent80

Reaction score
pinksheets":15uji4pw said:
The whole "rap is crap" argument comes from two sources: obnoxious gothy teenagers who listen to dreary nu-metal type crap and old farts who don't really know what's relevant in music nowadays, they're content with their old records. The latter is all well and good, just odd that there'd even be bother to venture an opinion.

So if we don't like something you think is relevant we are out of touch?. Sorry pal. Get some white sheets and don't throw a red towel in when you wash. Unless you prefer pink, then you silly savage, go ahead.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Largent80":tav0yu5h said:
pinksheets":tav0yu5h said:
The whole "rap is crap" argument comes from two sources: obnoxious gothy teenagers who listen to dreary nu-metal type crap and old farts who don't really know what's relevant in music nowadays, they're content with their old records. The latter is all well and good, just odd that there'd even be bother to venture an opinion.

So if we don't like something you think is relevant we are out of touch?. Sorry pal. Get some white sheets and don't throw a red towel in when you wash. Unless you prefer pink, then you silly savage, go ahead.
Well, if somebody completely dismissed an entire genre of music that has mostly seen prominence past that person's youth, I'd say it's mostly the old curmudgeon factor, just the like the old farts who thought Chuck Berry was just noise. It happens to pretty much everybody eventually.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but...

Largent my man, you are a man of music. I get that, I respect the hell out of that and to be honest, I'm probably even a little jealous of that (I can't play an instrument for shit). I also get that you don't like the hip hop music. That is your opinion, you have your reasons, you have the pedegree to back up that opinion and I also respect that too. Same as I don't like Jazz. I just don't understand why the need to pop into any and all threads that mention hip hop, or have a highlight thread with a hip hop soundtrack and make a big statement about not liking rap music. There are now multiple generations of people who grew up with and appreciate this kind of music. It's not going anywhere.

You don't like it and nobody's changing your mind. I like hip hop and nobody's changing MY mind. So why continue to make a thing of it? It just makes you sound like a crusty old man, and I know you are WAY too hip to be confused for a crusty old man (you're a drummer in a rock band for chrissakes! you are the antithesis of crusty!).

One thing I think we ALL can agree on though; Riff Raff = LOLZ.

largenutz

Reaction score
I'm glad someone called out these guys hating on hip hop on here all the time. What's the point?
By the way I love Riff Raff! Dude is pure comedy! I've never listened to his music but seen him on tv and follow him on twitter, this guy is ridiculously funny!

Largent80

Reaction score
CANHawk":38vzfdhi said:
Not to hijack the thread, but...

Largent my man, you are a man of music. I get that, I respect the hell out of that and to be honest, I'm probably even a little jealous of that (I can't play an instrument for shit). I also get that you don't like the hip hop music. That is your opinion, you have your reasons, you have the pedegree to back up that opinion and I also respect that too. Same as I don't like Jazz. I just don't understand why the need to pop into any and all threads that mention hip hop, or have a highlight thread with a hip hop soundtrack and make a big statement about not liking rap music. There are now multiple generations of people who grew up with and appreciate this kind of music. It's not going anywhere.

You don't like it and nobody's changing your mind. I like hip hop and nobody's changing MY mind. So why continue to make a thing of it? It just makes you sound like a crusty old man, and I know you are WAY too hip to be confused for a crusty old man (you're a drummer in a rock band for chrissakes! you are the antithesis of crusty!).

One thing I think we ALL can agree on though; Riff Raff = LOLZ.

Even people that like that style of listening said this blows, and yes, I am far from a crusty old man. I just got back from my 4th trip to the gym this week, and I got a 6 pack (on the way home...haha).

**** it, I won't mention it again, and have fun kiddies.

Sac

Reaction score
Largent80":27kfvjdp said:
Even people that like that style of listening said this blows... (on the way home...haha).

**** it, I won't mention it again, and have fun kiddies.

It's true though, this is awful afwul awful and I really don't mind you saying so.

StevenHAWKing

Reaction score
Reminds me of Jamie Kennedy as B-rad Brad Gluckman on Malabu's Most Wanted.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Dear god dats turrble. Not only even funny turrble, but awful turrble. I like GOOD hip hop. This guy is an abortion that somehow lived through the coat hanger. Smh.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
To be fair, you're supposed to be stoned well past the point of being able to comprehend the lyrics when listening to this style of rap.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly though, you could really put any Young Jeezy track to highlights of our defense and it'd be the definition of beauty.