Have the Seahawks ever started 4-0?

canfan

Reaction score
I know they have had several 3-0 starts in their past, but is this Sunday's game a chance to do something this team has never accomplished before? Pretty cool if this is right and they have a chance to make history by going 4-0.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just for fun, thought I'd look through seasons past. Here are a few quick tidbits.

Seasons we won on opening day:

1984 - lost to the Patriots in week 3
1985 - lost to the LA Rams in week 3
1986 - lost to the Redskins in week 4
1988 - lost to the Chargers in week 3
1994 - lost to the Charges in week 3
1998 - lost to the Steelers in week 4
2001 - Lost to the Eagles in week 2
2003 - Lost to the Packers in week 5 (we had a bye week 4)
2004 - Lost to the Rams in week 5 (we had a bye week 4)
2006 - Lost to the Bears in week 4
2007 - Lost to the Cardinals in week 2
2009 - Lost to the Niners in week 2
2010 - Lost to the Broncos in week 2

So although we have gone through the first 4 weeks of 2 different seasons without a loss, we've never started 4-0.

Dtowers

Reaction score
kidhawk":75mypnln said:
thebanjodude":75mypnln said:
That Bears loss in 06 was brutal

I remember it well, I was there for that one

I was there too! I was actually arrested that night for getting into a fight with a Bears fan. Walking out of the game through Grant Park, some Bears fans were harassing a couple of Hawks fans, one of them being a girl. All I know is that one of the Bears fans wound up punching the girl in the back of the head, so I stepped in. Even though I was defending the couple, I was arrested because I was pretty drunk. Haven't gone back to Chicago since.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Dtowers":1fkx5qyt said:
kidhawk":1fkx5qyt said:
thebanjodude":1fkx5qyt said:

I was there too! I was actually arrested that night for getting into a fight with a Bears fan. Walking out of the game through Grant Park, some Bears fans were harassing a couple of Hawks fans, one of them being a girl. All I know is that one of the Bears fans wound up punching the girl in the back of the head, so I stepped in. Even though I was defending the couple, I was arrested because I was pretty drunk. Haven't gone back to Chicago since.

The Bears fans were vocally rowdy (at least a handful) in my section. I didn't see any violence though. Most of the Hawks fans left and I was the only one in that area left by the end of the game. Several other Bears fans came up to me as I was leaving the stadium and apologized for the way the loudmouths were acting.

The stuff they were saying is not appropriate for this forum, and I'm sure you probably heard a lot of the same or similar where you were.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dtowers":1md5r958 said:
kidhawk":1md5r958 said:
thebanjodude":1md5r958 said:

Good on you for stepping in. Most would look the other way.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
If Breno out, we will have too damn many injuries to win AT Houston- 3-1 is not too bad a start

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3ru0n0o1 said:
If Breno out, we will have too damn many injuries to win AT Houston- 3-1 is not too bad a start

According to the presser today, Pete said that Breno sat out practice today with a "dinged knee". I don't take it that they expect him to miss the game Sunday, but we'll have to wait til friday's report to have a better idea

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The '04 loss to the Rams was the most brutal. We had a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter and LOST! Never felt more sick at a game in my life! And what sucked about that is the Rams would squeak into the playoffs @ 8-8 and beat us again in the Wild Card round. That is when I officially ended my season tickets. (Economics didn't allow me to continue anyway.) The next year...we all know how that went! Oh...and we would win the next 10 games versus the Rams after that playoff loss.

kearly

Reaction score
IIRC, we've had something like 6 chances to start 4-0, and are 0-6 in those games.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
That Rams game was horrible. Had to give up my season tickets at the end of 2004 cause i was moving away, what a horrible season to end on. I'll never forget either one of those Rams games.

Dtowers

Reaction score
kidhawk":32dn1q93 said:
Dtowers":32dn1q93 said:
kidhawk":32dn1q93 said:
thebanjodude":32dn1q93 said:

The Bears fans were vocally rowdy (at least a handful) in my section. I didn't see any violence though. Most of the Hawks fans left and I was the only one in that area left by the end of the game. Several other Bears fans came up to me as I was leaving the stadium and apologized for the way the loudmouths were acting.

The stuff they were saying is not appropriate for this forum, and I'm sure you probably heard a lot of the same or similar where you were.

I was in the cheap seats during the game so got it pretty much nonstop. Cops pretty much told me it was my fault for coming to the game.

Dtowers

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3vg7he6x said:
Dtowers":3vg7he6x said:
kidhawk":3vg7he6x said:
thebanjodude":3vg7he6x said:

Good on you for stepping in. Most would look the other way.

Truth be told I got my ass kicked pretty bad but there were like 5-6 of them and only me and the girls BF. I got some good shots in though. Wound up with a battery charge in the end which was eventually dropped. I still talk to the couple through email every couple of months.

Latest posts