Hasselbeck to replace Gruden??

chris98251

Reaction score
Hated Dennis Miller, wanted to watch a football game not bad attempted humor.

Rat

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1dmr39uy said:
Seahawk Sailor":1dmr39uy said:
Manning would be okay. Hass would be completely awesome!

Of course, I was one of few that actually enjoyed Dennis Miller's highbrow comedy in that failed football announcing experiment.

I enjoyed Miller too. My favorite thing he did on MNF was in response to the NFL. Held up a jersey that had imprinted on the back..."I hate He Hate Me" was hilarious.

I liked Miller a lot too. Maybe my expectations weren't high enough, but he knew a lot more about football than I was expecting.

My favorite moment happened in a game that happened after three players on the Eagles had gotten in trouble for marijuana possession, and one of the other commentators said something about about the Eagles "flying high" in a promo for the following week's game, and Miller quipped in with "three of them literally", and the set just went dead silent for what felt like a long time. He probably got reamed out for that at the next break.

Miller was in a no-win situation. Everyone had already decided he was unfit for the MNF crew, and there was nothing he could do to change that.