Harvin Silver Lining

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Losing Harvin is not good, don't get me wrong. But from the mental/hype aspect of this team's psyche, IMO it's a good thing.

We know one thing from the past couple of years with this young team, it LOVES, and I mean LOVES to play the disrespect card. Now that Harvin might miss a big chunk of the season, or maybe the entire season just about every major media outlet is jumping off the Hawk's bandwagon. We can now go back to the role we're comfortable with, the disrespected underdog.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tate was fired up for his opportunity. Tate wants this contract year to be big. So there is another golden lining.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it much, seems like most folks think the Hawks will be dangerous without #11, and simply more dangerous when he returns. Perhaps media heads simply don't realize how Tate and Balwin are going to explode this year.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":35dv4n16 said:
Tate was fired up for his opportunity. Tate wants this contract year to be big. So there is another golden lining.

4th year in system + contract year + no Harvin = I expect big things from Golden this year

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If we didn't pick up Harvin, it would be the 49ers getting him back in november for the stretch run and playoffs, look at it that way. BEcause if he didn't come here you know he'd be there.

Also for everyone thinking the vikings are laughing at us, their QB is christian ponder. OK. thanks. drive thru.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1ag72y5w said:
If we didn't pick up Harvin, it would be the 49ers getting him back in november for the stretch run and playoffs, look at it that way. BEcause if he didn't come here you know he'd be there.

This is EXACTLY what I say when talking to people about Harvin's contract and the picks we gave up to get him. Acquiring Harvin was bigger than just getting him as a player. It was also about keeping him out of the Niner's smelly mitts.

Did we over pay? Probably, but if we get to a Superbowl and/or take over as the top team in the west for the next 3-4 years because he's on our team and not the niners? Then Mission Accomplished.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Agree 100%

Little worried about having let Washington go now. I don't think we want Tate returning punts etc

grizrgood

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ptuqeweq said:

Also for everyone thinking the vikings are laughing at us, their QB is christian ponder. OK. thanks. drive thru.

:lol: Great point!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I wouldn't be fussed if the Niners had Harvin. Have you seen our secondary? We have guys on the bench that could end up being All-Pros someday.

Hey, if Harvin's contract doesn't keep us from re-signing Sherm/Thomas/Okung/Tate, I'm fine with it, but if it does...

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3deyt5j1 said:
Hey, if Harvin's contract doesn't keep us from re-signing Sherm/Thomas/Okung/Tate, I'm fine with it, but if it does...

I think we can still sign those guys, but Rice, Miller, and Robinson will probably be on their way out.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3pcew2ds said:

AND they spent a 1st rounder on him. Lol @ Minnesota.

Hawknight

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1wp49aml said:
Yep. People are jumping off the bandwagon already.

I love it.

That's what i don't get..this team was awesome even before the Harvin signing. Harvin, yes, would have been an ultimate threat for other teams. BUT, we are very well rounded to put up a fight to get to the playoffs and beyond with this talented core of guys. I think getting Harbin back POSSIBLY before end of the season, when we are ready to make the final push for playoffs, will make the difference to put an end to many foes who oppose us.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Shadowhawk":bq49f8h4 said:
Smelly McUgly":bq49f8h4 said:

I think we can still sign those guys, but Rice, Miller, and Robinson will probably be on their way out.

Hopefully.

RE: Our WR depth, with the way people are raving about Kearse, I kind of have expectations for him. Same thing with Stephen Williams. If these guys look half as good in pads as I am reading and hearing, I will feel VERY good about the WR depth on this team. TE would be the only place where we look thin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2znxwvo0 said:

I totally agree and the actual reason we had to give up that many draft picks and probably overpay him a little. But better that than watching his destroy us for the next 6 years.

CoolRodney

Reaction score
One less year of wear and tear on Harvin's body. He also might try to take better care of himself.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xn9xajd said:
Losing Harvin is not good, don't get me wrong. But from the mental/hype aspect of this team's psyche, IMO it's a good thing.

We know one thing from the past couple of years with this young team, it LOVES, and I mean LOVES to play the disrespect card. Now that Harvin might miss a big chunk of the season, or maybe the entire season just about every major media outlet is jumping off the Hawk's bandwagon. We can now go back to the role we're comfortable with, the disrespected underdog.

Honestly I think you are kinda searching here.

Are there silver linings? Of course. People will get chances to show their stuff.

But let's not act like losing Harvin is trivial. He's a stud. Having him on the field helps us.

Latest posts