Harvin Silver Lining

SE174

Reaction score
It also opens up a roster spot for an unproven WR to develop. Who knows, Stephen Williams or Greg Herd could pull a Doug Baldwin and turn into draft picks for us.

SE174

Reaction score
SE174":9st12f8j said:
It also opens up a roster spot for an unproven WR to develop. Who knows, Stephen Williams or Greg Herd could pull a Doug Baldwin and turn into draft picks for us.
Nevermind on Herd... just read he was waived. :-(

HawkWow

Reaction score
Love the optimism, but discovering a silver, let alone golden, lining in this is reaching (IMO). Additionally, I see no benefit to the org in showcasing Tate in his contract year. He's been called the "poor man's Percy Harvin" for a couple years now and if I am correct, he's about to lose the "poor" part of that moniker. I love the fact Tate is organic, and that should be counted in, but someone is going to have to go...and it could ultimately be him (and/or certainly Rice).

The above alone isn't what scares me for 2014. What scares me is the thought of having to let Tate / Rice / Miller go then be stuck counting on Harvin to stay healthy in 14 and beyond. It suddenly seems to be a given that Harvin is not the type of player you can count on for a full season. This year he was a luxury but next year he may be a necessity. I shudder to think.

Hopefully, as mentioned earlier in this thread, Kearse and/or Williams will rise to the occasion. I will be ecstatic if Kearse learns how to bring the ball in....but I've been waiting for that to happen for several years now.

Last week we were loaded at the position and there was fear we may even have to let Baldwin go. Next year? Baldwin may be the "poor man's Percy Harvin" while getting more targets that we'd like for him to be getting. IMO, our wide open window just became a bit smaller. I was somewhat comfortable in thinking that if we didn't win it all this year, we would the next. Now I am thinking THIS YEAR....we really need to get it done. Go Hawks!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":3kl5qf9o said:
Love the optimism, but discovering a silver, let alone golden, lining in this is reaching (IMO). Additionally, I see no benefit to the org in showcasing Tate in his contract year. He's been called the "poor man's Percy Harvin" for a couple years now and if I am correct, he's about to lose the "poor" part of that moniker. I love the fact Tate is organic, and that should be counted in, but someone is going to have to go...and it could ultimately be him (and/or certainly Rice).

The above alone isn't what scares me for 2014. What scares me is the thought of having to let Tate / Rice / Miller go then be stuck counting on Harvin to stay healthy in 14 and beyond. It suddenly seems to be a given that Harvin is not the type of player you can count on for a full season. This year he was a luxury but next year he may be a necessity. I shudder to think.

Hopefully, as mentioned earlier in this thread, Kearse and/or Williams will rise to the occasion. I will be ecstatic if Kearse learns how to bring the ball in....but I've been waiting for that to happen for several years now.

Last week we were loaded at the position and there was fear we may even have to let Baldwin go. Next year? Baldwin may be the "poor man's Percy Harvin" while getting more targets that we'd like for him to be getting. IMO, our wide open window just became a bit smaller. I was somewhat comfortable in thinking that if we didn't win it all this year, we would the next. Now I am thinking THIS YEAR....we really need to get it done. Go Hawks!

No offense but you worry too much. Turn off the sportsradio and take a breath. Yes I think the Hawks need to and WILL win it all THIS YEAR.... but the window isn't even close to closing. Seattle is the best young team in the league PERIOD, John and Pete draft exceedingly well and fine GEMS in FA. Good teams don't rebuild they RELOAD, YEAR AFTER YEAR! As long as RW3 is around and John and Pete are running the show, expect GREAT seasons!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":qtm5a8hg said:
HawkWow":qtm5a8hg said:

No offense but you worry too much. Turn off the sportsradio and take a breath. Yes I think the Hawks need to and WILL win it all THIS YEAR.... but the window isn't even close to closing. Seattle is the best young team in the league PERIOD, John and Pete draft exceedingly well and fine GEMS in FA. Good teams don't rebuild they RELOAD, YEAR AFTER YEAR! As long as RW3 is around and John and Pete are running the show, expect GREAT seasons!

LOL...I did sports radio for 10 years (in Hawaii). I no longer do radio, or even listen to it, but I've been a Hawk fan forever and the one thing I've learned is there's no such thing as worrying "too much" with this franchise.

I totally agree with your take on us winning multiple SBs...I don't worry about that. But I do worry about the players that may not be with us when that time arrives. YMMV.

BTW...RW3??

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Im just happy I don't have to watch game after game stressing out about Pussy Harvin getting hurt. At least we know what we got in this trade and that's a player that we will get 10 games a year out of.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":2dqpbb1p said:
Sports Hernia":2dqpbb1p said:
HawkWow":2dqpbb1p said:

LOL...I did sports radio for 10 years (in Hawaii). I no longer do radio, or even listen to it, but I've been a Hawk fan forever and the one thing I've learned is there's no such thing as worrying "too much" with this franchise.

I totally agree with your take on us winning multiple SBs...I don't worry about that. But I do worry about the players that may not be with us when that time arrives. YMMV.

BTW...RW3??
Russell Wilson #3

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":39j0mhbx said:
Sgt. Largent":39j0mhbx said:
Losing Harvin is not good, don't get me wrong. But from the mental/hype aspect of this team's psyche, IMO it's a good thing.

We know one thing from the past couple of years with this young team, it LOVES, and I mean LOVES to play the disrespect card. Now that Harvin might miss a big chunk of the season, or maybe the entire season just about every major media outlet is jumping off the Hawk's bandwagon. We can now go back to the role we're comfortable with, the disrespected underdog.

Honestly I think you are kinda searching here.

Are there silver linings? Of course. People will get chances to show their stuff.

But let's not act like losing Harvin is trivial. He's a stud. Having him on the field helps us.

That's why I started off my post with "Losing Harvin is not good, don't get me wrong."

HawkWow

Reaction score
Russell Wilson = "RW3"...

I understood the meaning, it was the usage I questioned. ;)