Harbaugh losing the locker room?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'd say they are back on board from today's performance.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1il5omr0 said:
BobcatHawk":1il5omr0 said:
strohmin":1il5omr0 said:
I dont know. I used to hate him, but this rivalry was getting exciting.

As much as I dislike his antics, I don't for a second believe that the 49ers would be a better team without Harbaugh as coach. Since having a good, fun rivalry usually entails both teams being good, I'd rather see both Harbaugh and Carroll (or coaches of their caliber) leading their respective teams for as long as possible.

On top of that, there's been no concrete evidence unless you count Rapoport's unnamed sources. Personally, I think the timing of the report is suspicious. Dropping a bombshell like this on game day is pretty low both for the source and for the reporter IMHO.

Yeah first thing i looked for was the source.... which is non existant.

I know our team isnt perfect, im not gonna stick my head in the sand and pretend we have zero problems. But I highly doubt this is harbaughs last year. This is the greatest team we've had under his belt.. which is really saying something.

I promise you the source is either:

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

And it's definitely BS.

* For you Hawk fans, these two reporters have been having serious issues with Harbaugh and Baalke. Today Kawakami tweeted that Trent Baalke ignored him and walked right past him when he offered his greetings to Baalke this morning. They hate him, and he hates them.

This is probably the result of that. On one hand, that's what happens when you are rude to the media. On the other hand, this recent issue is over the 49ers discipline of their players, which I believe is a separate issue. Either way it led to some heated exchanges between Harbaugh/Baalke and these reporters.

lsheldon

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ha3hcb9l said:

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

And it's definitely BS.

* For you Hawk fans, these two reporters have been having serious issues with Harbaugh and Baalke. Today Kawakami tweeted that Trent Baalke ignored him and walked right past him when he offered his greetings to Baalke this morning. They hate him, and he hates them.

This is probably the result of that. On one hand, that's what happens when you are rude to the media. On the other hand, this recent issue is over the 49ers discipline of their players, which I believe is a separate issue. Either way it led to some heated exchanges between Harbaugh/Baalke and these reporters.

According to this post at Yard Barker by Rick Brisse, this is being attributed to Ian Rapaport. Link below.

According to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh is already losing the locker room.

Rapoport told NFL GameDay Morning on Sunday that veterans are questioning if Harbaugh is really all in.

“There is some serious doubts about whether Harbaugh is actually all in like he professes,” Rapoport told NFL Network’s Rich Eisen. “He says he is about the team, the team, the team. The players now wonder, is that actually the case?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... d_17225288

hawknation2014

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2y3ofhqc said:

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

Uh oh, watch out Ann. They've added you to their hit list.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":5l8180ap said:
FriscosFinest":5l8180ap said:
BobcatHawk":5l8180ap said:
strohmin":5l8180ap said:
I dont know. I used to hate him, but this rivalry was getting exciting.

As much as I dislike his antics, I don't for a second believe that the 49ers would be a better team without Harbaugh as coach. Since having a good, fun rivalry usually entails both teams being good, I'd rather see both Harbaugh and Carroll (or coaches of their caliber) leading their respective teams for as long as possible.

On top of that, there's been no concrete evidence unless you count Rapoport's unnamed sources. Personally, I think the timing of the report is suspicious. Dropping a bombshell like this on game day is pretty low both for the source and for the reporter IMHO.

I know our team isnt perfect, im not gonna stick my head in the sand and pretend we have zero problems. But I highly doubt this is harbaughs last year. This is the greatest team we've had under his belt.. which is really saying something.

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

And it's definitely BS.

There's always an element of truth to this type of thing.... no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small...[emoji6]

Brahn

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":zjqmj604 said:
FriscosFinest":zjqmj604 said:
BobcatHawk":zjqmj604 said:
strohmin":zjqmj604 said:
I

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

And it's definitely BS.

There's always an element of truth to this type of thing.... no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small; no matter how small...[emoji6]

Where there is smoke there is fire, and where there is fire you will probably find an intoxicated Aldon Smith watching Ray McDonald beat a curvacious drum with Ray Rice.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1bdzznhc said:
.............But I highly doubt this is harbaughs last year. This is the greatest team we've had under his belt.. which is really saying something.
Not without Bowman it isn't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1331nu1v said:
5_Golden_Rings":1331nu1v said:

Tim Kawakami*
Ann Killion*
LaMichael James.

Uh oh, watch out Ann. They've added you to their hit list.

Nah....official list is only Kawakami and the Cohns. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ohdtn2v said:
FriscosFinest":1ohdtn2v said:
.............But I highly doubt this is harbaughs last year. This is the greatest team we've had under his belt.. which is really saying something.
Not without Bowman it isn't.

Good thing he's coming back then...

...tho remains to be seen how effective he will be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I will say this tho about the "losing the locker room" thing...

...very possible the source of the rumor was LaMichael James.

He's been unhappy for quite awhile with his playing time and has taken to twitter to complain about it. He always backtracks and says "not about football" or something like that, but it's not a big secret that he's been unhappy for some time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":wptdyo1d said:
Marvin, you should know that generally, where there's smoke, there's fire, and there has been an AWFUL lot of smoke surrounding the niners for about the past year or so, especially regarding Harbaugh.
Dude, it's just a new form of environmentally friendly communication. Smoke signals, like the Native Americans of old. Calm down. Nothing to see here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wrm2rnx said:
Marvin49":1wrm2rnx said:
I will say this tho about the "losing the locker room" thing...

...very possible the source of the rumor was LaMichael James.

He's been unhappy for quite awhile with his playing time and has taken to twitter to complain about it. He always backtracks and says "not about football" or something like that, but it's not a big secret that he's been unhappy for some time.

Maybe he's not the only one? Marvin, you should know that generally, where there's smoke, there's fire, and there has been an AWFUL lot of smoke surrounding the niners for about the past year or so, especially regarding Harbaugh. You can keep burying your head in the sand and claiming everything's just fine, but the rest of us are looking on with open eyes. Something's not right about that whole situation down there. Harbaugh is a great coach and should have been locked down 2 years ago. Very telling that he still doesn't have an extension, IMO.

...also been a lot of media fanning flames.

I've said MANY times that I don't think that everything is just perfect. I just think that the media overblows EVERYTHING because the Niners are a good team, Harbaugh is socially awkward at best, and the Niners have a huge following...

...IE, people will watch/read anything about them. I mean hell, look at the crowd in Dallas this weekend.

If the Bills were having these same issues, how many stories do you think would be reported? Look at all the attention Sherman got after his rant. Look how freakin nuts the media went. When Lynch wouldn't speak to the media...media went crazy. "Juicy" story.

There are underlying issues there for sure...I just don't believe they are anywhere near as serious as people who are trying to get mouse-clicks are reporting.