Greg Hardy - How would you react if Seattle signed him?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Advocating for justice of a player who helped create not only a new policy and action by the league, but a sinister add campaign and "movement" looks naive at best ctrcat.

I do agree with you. The league certainly railroaded the Panthers, Ravens and Vikings here. It was not conducive to the policy they enacted. However, the three offenders gave themselves no outs. The biggest difference between the three cases over the new policy is that they were placed on inactive while their cases were settled. That will be the biggest test of the new policy. Hardy isn't the last.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ig9p9ec said:
Advocating for justice of a player who helped create not only a new policy and action by the league, but a sinister add campaign and "movement" looks naive at best ctrcat.

I do agree with you. The league certainly railroaded the Panthers, Ravens and Vikings here. It was not conducive to the policy they enacted. However, the three offenders gave themselves no outs. The biggest difference between the three cases over the new policy is that they were placed on inactive while their cases were settled. That will be the biggest test of the new policy. Hardy isn't the last.

God only knows what happened with Hardy, whatever happened wasn't good, but he repeatedly said he was not guilty. We obviously have the Rice video and Peterson pictures/no contest plea. Very dangerous precedent to set over a he said/she said. Planting an actor or mole to create false accusations to crush the opponent isn't far fetched in the future based on the results delivered here. But in this "write the script as we go" league, who knows.

pehawk

Reaction score
Is this question whether Id want Hardy to babysit or play football? If it's the latter, why would I care? Of course I'd want him.

I don't care if he pleasures himself to holocaust documentaries. I'm not screaming "yeah, you're a good human being!" from the stands. All I care about is his athleticism.

kearly

Reaction score
I would be excited beyond belief if we got Hardy. It took the Panthers defense half a season to figure out a way to cover for his absence, and their pass rush never truly recovered.

I generally don't put a lot of stock into off field stuff, unless the guy commits a major felony and ends up in prison. I just assume that nobody is perfect, and that people who makes mistakes deserve a second chance.

googoodan

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1dnmelt8 said:
Is there more to his story than just this one instance or details that I am not aware of? I know it looks bad but unless he has a pattern I don't know how you can't question if he was set up by a woman wanting a payoff.

If he is a locker room cancer then no. If he has shown a pattern then no. If there is proof of the act then no but if none of those criteria are met the hell yes. I could care less about an isolated incident as long as he can be a good team mate and keep his nose clean.

Well the details are all over the place - he called 911 on her for attacking him, not the other way around. She could be heard on the 911 call screaming and you could hear things being smashed in the background. Obviously the sound doesn't tell us what is being smashed or who is doing it. When the police arrived, they noted no signs of injury and she got out of dodge quickly (because she had either cocaine or marijuana with her, according to her testimony). Later on, she appears with bruises and claims that she was thrown around, strangled, slammed on a bed full of "automatic looking rifles" and beaten with a toilet seat. It takes a very tough woman, imo, to be beaten by a 290 lb NFL player and only have superficial bruises. Hardy is then charged with a misdemeanor (yes, he missed 15 games due to a misdemeanor charge.)

The case went to court with a noted feminist judge. The accuser shows up several hours late; trial goes well into the night and the judge gives Hardy a guilty verdict. Keep in mind, this was a bench trial, not a jury trial.
The ruling (that caught every single member of the media in attendance by surprise) was quickly appealed and a trial by jury was scheduled.

As far as isolated incidents.... well, Hardy hasn't always shown great judgment. He had a motorcycle accident his rookie year. He tweeted a picture of dozens and dozens of shot glasses presumably for him. He tweeted a picture of his Bentley's speedometer well over 100 MPH (taken from the driver's POV). He was recently cited for speeding in a work zone. The combination of his excessive alcohol use, dangerous driving habits, and the women he associates with show he lacks sound judgment, imo.

However, from everything I can gather, he is a great teammate. He needs a mentor and life coach more than anything.

cacksman

Reaction score
chris98251":3r9930po said:
I had a vision, but it went away, Hardy and Suh, Bennett, Avril, Mebane, Williams, and the rest of our rotation and how good our defense would look and how much more intimidating it would be.

Who would the opposition hate more on that defense.

If they say healthy, that defense allows 10ppg. Undisputably greatest of all time.