Gratz Boys...

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
gargantual":juz4kh18 said:
irocdave":juz4kh18 said:
Nice to see you make this post. WTF is with Kap? Dude looks like crap, has douchbag chained him to the pocket? His best attribute is running and he didn't seem interested in doing that at all. If the NFL didn't try and keep this game close it would have been 30+ to 3. If I was a niner fan I wouldn't feel confident at all about making the playoffs. What do you think will happen in two weeks at Quest? Man, what happened to the niners, feel like I have been giving them way to much credit. They look like a shell of their former selves.

Really could be the few pieces they're missing are vital ones. Look how complete our D's performances have been since Wagner has been back. It's all gelling for us now. Just gotta up our redzone efficiency.

Missing Willis and Bowman is huge, but the D played well enough to win tonight. The offense is where the real problems are. It's easy to point to Kap and say he's the problem (and he played horribly tonight), but it's much deeper than that. Frank isn't Frank anymore. Vernon has disappeared. The WRs can't separate particularly against tall, rangy corners.

They used to be a power run team, but that aspect has vanished. Dunno if the o-line has fallen off or if the league has figured out Greg Roman...but they can't move the ball on the ground or through the air right now.

Something will change this offseason. It won't be the QB but I call all but guarantee Greg Roman won't be calling the plays anymore.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
OrFan":1igjzdrg said:
You may be the single most in denial fan I've ever "met." Having said that, you are a very loyal fan of your team. I have to respect that. A lot of Seahawk "fans" could learn from a person like yourself.

In regards to Kaep, well, I will use a reply I used in another thread about another player, you can't fix stupid.

I truly hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving. Football is a sport, there are things far more important in life than that.

Lol.

I get it. I'm in "denial" because I'm defending Kap. Many Niner fans would agree with you. I think putting it all on Kap tho is way too simple. Problems much deeper than that. WRs not getting open. RBs can't do anything on the ground. Offensive lineman find a way to block nobody or let a guy run in on third down unblocked.

If I were a Seahawks fan I'd probably think of Kap exactly what you do. After all, nearly HALF of his CAREER interceptions have come against Seattle. For whatever reason, they just a bad matchup for him.

hawk45

Reaction score
I admit I've watched Kap play other teams and thought hey he doesn't look all that bad out there and then he plays us and I'm like that is the worst QB I've ever seen.

Happy thanksgiving Marv.

Kap really does seem like he's letting his ego hurt the team vs the Seahawks. If Aaron Rodgers stays away from #25 there's no shame in it, especially when you're not in Rodgers's zip code (who is). When I see Sherman in a zone out there reading the QB's eyes I know it's a pick as soon as it leaves the hands. And Kap's accuracy on those is just god-awful.

Sherm should have had 3, and Kap tried to throw one to Kam as well. Kam had inside leverage and Kap inexplicably threw the ball inside right to Kam instead of to the corner. Just terrible decision making and placement today, I'm starting to think it's a choke thing.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawk45":1ex8uo1j said:
I admit I've watched Kap play other teams and thought hey he doesn't look all that bad out there and then he plays us and I'm like that is the worst QB I've ever seen.

Happy thanksgiving Marv.

Kap really does seem like he's letting his ego hurt the team vs the Seahawks. If Aaron Rodgers stays away from #25 there's no shame in it, especially when you're not in Rodgers's zip code (who is). When I see Sherman in a zone out there reading the QB's eyes I know it's a pick as soon as it leaves the hands. And Kap's accuracy on those is just god-awful.

Sherm should have had 3, and Kap tried to throw one to Kam as well. Kam had inside leverage and Kap inexplicably threw the ball inside right to Kam instead of to the corner. Just terrible decision making and placement today, I'm starting to think it's a choke thing.

No idea what it is. Doesn't help that he's not exactly looking at wide open receivers out there, but his decision making against Seattle is bad. No getting around it.

He'll have better days, but this one will sting for a long, long time. In the offseason tho they need to get something they have been unable to get for several years....SPEED at WR. Tired of watching throw jump balls and Seattle CBS just blanketing guys.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Thank you Marve49 for the well wishes ( Happy Thanksgiving btw). Please keep in mind that these divisional games take a whole different slant than most . We know each other better than we know any other team in the league.

You guys still have a damn good defense as much as I hate to say it and was only a 13 point game deep into the 4th qtr.
So its not as bad as youre probably thinking.

PS: I still hate Harbaugh

hawk45

Reaction score
Marvin49":15vqm5of said:
hawk45":15vqm5of said:

Happy thanksgiving Marv.

No idea what it is. Doesn't help that he's not exactly looking at wide open receivers out there, but his decision making against Seattle is bad. No getting around it.

He'll have better days, but this one will sting for a long, long time. In the offseason tho they need to get something they have been unable to get for several years....SPEED at WR. Tired of watching throw jump balls and Seattle CBS just blanketing guys.

Dunno Marv, Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie, VD, seems like the weapons are there.

Think tonight it was just a case of LOB balling so I expect Kap will have better days ahead, except in 2 weeks.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You're alright Marvin.

Always here win or lose.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3121imfd said:
You're alright Marvin.

Always here win or lose.

Yup, say what you will about his choice of forum topics (paging Pehawk...), but he's here no matter if the 9ers win or lose. Can't say that about too many of our 'enemy' posters.

Rob12

Reaction score
Marvin49":24zjyp4h said:
That smarts.

Seattle clearly better tonight. Gonna go lick my wounds but Gratz on getting one in the Bay Area.

Thanks, but not just better last night - better altogether. Not trying to be a jerk here, but it bugs me when that caveat is thrown in there. Quite simply, the Seahawks own the 49ers.

No offense (pun not intended).

Rob12

Reaction score
That came off harsh. Not my intent.

Stay classy, Marvin. I think this thread attests to how well respected you are here at .NET.

Latest posts