Grateful tonight for a petulant child

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":qmsvea0b said:
Tbup8.So.4.jpeg

This is what Jed York decided to talk about publicly right before the 49ers are set to enter the playoffs:
“I hope he has all the leverage in the world. We kind of started to talk about a new contract last offseason after the Super Bowl, but it never got to the formal stage of making an offer. I think, rightfully so, Jim believes he has outperformed the original contract.

We’ll talk about something in the offseason that will put him in better position and we’ll see what he wants to do. He does have two years left and he may decide to play it out and bet on himself. By the time the deal is done, maybe he’ll be worth $8 or $9 million a year because he has won a couple of Super Bowls. I sure hope that’s the case.”

Sure you do . . . you cheap, overpaid, overprivileged, petulant child in a three-piece suit. You're talking like you know a damn thing about what it takes to win a Super Bowl, or motivating anyone to do so.

Then before the start of this season:
"Like I've said publicly and very loudly in the past, I hope he has the utmost leverage when we sit down and talk about his contract at the end of the season. It's a good thing. It's an unbelievable problem to have.”

At least he got one thing right. Uncertainty at the top is an "unbelieveable problem to have" when you are talking about a few million dollars a year standing in the way of long-term success for your franchise.

And here's what he actually said at the end of this year's "State of the Team" address:
"To me the state of the team is we're deeper than we've ever been. We've got a lot of talent. This is a team that's poised for great things this year. It's time to get it done. That's really where we are, and that's what we expect, year in and year out is to get it done. And to be the last one's standing. If we're not, we're going to be very upset."
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Jed-Y ... 7f30084231

Anyone who knows anything about body language, go watch this video (starting at the 2:45 mark). He is literally shaking his head "no" while he is saying this. He demands Super Bowls like he's freaking King Joffrey.

This is exactly what Harbaugh should do to him next time he opens his mouth to ask him why he hasn't won a Super Bowl yet:
Joffrey gets slapped 5

You're a riot. :D

I got no issue with anything he said.

You really want an owner that DOESN'T demand a Super Bowl every year? Really? Wow. OK.

He doesn't DESERVE to demand it because of his age? His blood? HIs privilege? I have none of those things and I'd demand them too.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1o1bev7r said:
You really want an owner that DOESN'T demand a Super Bowl every year? Really? Wow. OK.

He doesn't DESERVE to demand it because of his age? His blood? HIs privilege? I have none of those things and I'd demand them too.

Demand is the operative word. Jed is demanding a Super Bowl like he demanded a Porsche for his 16th birthday.

He has made it a condition on which Harbaugh's future within the organization rests. Winning a Super Bowl takes a combination of luck and skill. That's no way to motivate someone or ensure the confidence and stability of your team inside the locker room.

But how would a petulant child like Jed York understand that? He thinks a Super Bowl should just appear every time he snaps his fat fingers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ut7x0yj said:
Marvin49":2ut7x0yj said:

Demand is the operative word. Jed is demanding a Super Bowl like he demanded a Porsche for his 16th birthday.

He has made it a condition on which Harbaugh's future within the organization rests. Winning a Super Bowl takes a combination of luck and skill. That's no way to motivate someone or ensure the confidence and stability of your team inside the locker room.

But how would a petulant child like Jed York understand that? He thinks a Super Bowl should just appear every time he snaps his fat fingers.

No, he has made a condition in which he pay Harbaugh as the highest paid coach in the NFL...which is what Harbaugh wants.

The petulant child comments are really childish on YOUR part, not his. He's a grown man. He's an NFL owner. You don't know him nor have any clue how he runs his day to day life. You are showing the content of YOUR character, not his.

:stirthepot:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Marvin49":24beg6g5 said:
RationalNiner":24beg6g5 said:
I place most of the blame on the disappointing season on injuries, off field distractions, questionable game planning, and Kaepernick regressing.

Say what you want about York, but the coaches and players are professionals and take pride in their work. It just wasn't our year for a combination of things and I'm not one to usually give owners a lot of credit for a team's on field performance. York doesn't game plan. York doesn't draft or scout. York doesn't decide who is signed. He just signs the checks. If York were like Jerry Jones, different story. Again you can conjure up whatever you want about the front office (how do you know York didn't offer a top 5 contract?) and blame it on that but at the end of the day the coaches and players all have pride in their work and want to win. York is not directly involved with any game plan/roster decisions.

This.

Cracks me up.

I didn't hear any comments about York when they were making it to 3 NFCCGs. I didn't see peeps making cracks about York when he got a 1.3 Billion Stadium built (when they had been trying to do that under Eddie D and John York for 20+ years).

Ya know what else?

Jed didn't beak Bowmans knee. Jed didn't rip up Patrick Wills' toe. Jed didn't send Aldon to that gun shop in Arizona. Jed didn't injure both starting corners. Jed didn't coach the team to abandon it's biggest strength on offense. Jed didn't fast forward the clock on Frank Gores age. Jed didn't make Vernon a shadow of himself all year (dude couldn't even run yesterday).

Jed doesn't call the plays.

There are ALOT of reasons the Niners sucked this year, but blaming Jed just seems kinda ludicrous to me. Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better somehow, but you look kinda silly. The Niners returned to prominence under Jed.

One bad year doesn't a bad owner make.

Marv. Slow your roll, have you seen what they got for the 1.3 billion?

:{)

And you are correct, one bad year doesn't make a bad owner but do you REALLY think they are going to stop now.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xs755ec said:
hawknation2014":1xs755ec said:
Marvin49":1xs755ec said:

No, he has made a condition in which he become the highest paid coach in the NFL.

The petulant child comments are really childish on YOUR part, not his. He's a grown man. He's an NFL owner. You are showing the content of YOUR character, not his.

As I have explained to you before: none are so blind as those who will not see.

Harbaugh is not even a Top 5 paid coach. They couldn't get a deal done last off-season because, in Jed's own words, Harbaugh does not have the leverage of winning a Super Bowl.

I almost felt bad for you, but I think I will enjoy watching this chubby cheeked king price systematically destroy your franchise by running out the only head coach who has produced a winning season for you guys in the last 12 years. Enjoy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pmedic920":336dtjtv said:
Marvin49":336dtjtv said:
RationalNiner":336dtjtv said:
I place most of the blame on the disappointing season on injuries, off field distractions, questionable game planning, and Kaepernick regressing.

Say what you want about York, but the coaches and players are professionals and take pride in their work. It just wasn't our year for a combination of things and I'm not one to usually give owners a lot of credit for a team's on field performance. York doesn't game plan. York doesn't draft or scout. York doesn't decide who is signed. He just signs the checks. If York were like Jerry Jones, different story. Again you can conjure up whatever you want about the front office (how do you know York didn't offer a top 5 contract?) and blame it on that but at the end of the day the coaches and players all have pride in their work and want to win. York is not directly involved with any game plan/roster decisions.

This.

Cracks me up.

I didn't hear any comments about York when they were making it to 3 NFCCGs. I didn't see peeps making cracks about York when he got a 1.3 Billion Stadium built (when they had been trying to do that under Eddie D and John York for 20+ years).

Ya know what else?

Jed didn't beak Bowmans knee. Jed didn't rip up Patrick Wills' toe. Jed didn't send Aldon to that gun shop in Arizona. Jed didn't injure both starting corners. Jed didn't coach the team to abandon it's biggest strength on offense. Jed didn't fast forward the clock on Frank Gores age. Jed didn't make Vernon a shadow of himself all year (dude couldn't even run yesterday).

There are ALOT of reasons the Niners sucked this year, but blaming Jed just seems kinda ludicrous to me. Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better somehow, but you look kinda silly. The Niners returned to prominence under Jed.

And you are correct, one bad year doesn't make a bad owner but do you REALLY think they are going to stop now.

Yes. Have You?

Pretty damn nice especially since its in Silicon Valley (NOTHING is cheap here). Peeps who undersell that thing getting built don't have any clue how hard it was to do that here. There is a reason its the first NFL football stadium built here in 50 years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":wdmljvjn said:
Marvin49":wdmljvjn said:
hawknation2014":wdmljvjn said:
Marvin49":wdmljvjn said:

No, he has made a condition in which he become the highest paid coach in the NFL.

The petulant child comments are really childish on YOUR part, not his. He's a grown man. He's an NFL owner. You are showing the content of YOUR character, not his.

As I have explained to you before: none are so blind as those who will not see.

Harbaugh is not even a Top 5 paid coach. They couldn't get a deal done last off-season because, in Jed's own words, Harbaugh does not have the leverage of winning a Super Bowl.

I almost felt bad for you, but I think I will enjoy watching this chubby cheeked king price systematically destroy your franchise by running out the only head coach who has produced a winning season for you guys in the last 12 years. Enjoy.

Right...he's not even top 5..RIGHT NOW.

What do you think his AGENT is asking for on an extension?

You are COMPLETELY twisting Jeds words. What he's saying is that he hoped Jim has all the leverage in the world because that would mean THEY'D WON A SUPER BOWL.

Geez. You really gotta want it to twist those words so completely. LOL.

Lets not forget...this was all with Harbaugh having TWO full years left on his contract.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":22dw80gl said:

You are COMPLETELY twisting Jeds words. What he's saying is that he hoped Jim has all the leverage in the world because that would mean THEY'D WON A SUPER BOWL.

Lets not forget...this was all with Harbaugh having TWO full years left on his contract.

All I can say is enjoy the fact that your team's fate is in this man's hands - the same ignoramus who wanted to hire Mike Singletary and who personally "guaranteed" you would make the playoffs in 2010.

Jed and Singletary300x190

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":rw5blc6u said:
hawknation2014":rw5blc6u said:
Marvin49":rw5blc6u said:

No, he has made a condition in which he pay Harbaugh as the highest paid coach in the NFL...which is what Harbaugh wants.

The petulant child comments are really childish on YOUR part, not his. He's a grown man. He's an NFL owner. You don't know him nor have any clue how he runs his day to day life. You are showing the content of YOUR character, not his.

Come on guys, Melvin is right, Jed is just a misunderstood individual, and a prince. Just like uncle "fast Eddie" was.........

Whoa wait a minute.......... Melvin......... Are you calling Jed a criminal????? :180670:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3h0sa6xz said:
Marvin49":3h0sa6xz said:

All I can say is enjoy the fact that your team's fate is in this man's hands - the same ignoramus who wanted to hire Mike Singletary and who personally "guaranteed" you would make the playoffs in 2010.

He guaranteed it because he saw a talented roster...and was only off by a year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Marvin49":21wo08j1 said:
pmedic920":21wo08j1 said:
Marvin49":21wo08j1 said:
RationalNiner":21wo08j1 said:

This.

Cracks me up.

Ya know what else?

Yes. Have You?

Pretty damn nice especially since its in Silicon Valley (NOTHING is cheap here). Peeps who undersell that thing getting built don't have any clue how hard it was to do that here. There is a reason its the first NFL football stadium built here in 50 years.

Come'on man. We just bustin' your chops.

Give the guy a few years to marinate, you'll see most likely, that you have a jerry jones 2.0 except without the Money.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ae5jnmw said:
hawknation2014":1ae5jnmw said:
Marvin49":1ae5jnmw said:

He guaranteed it because he saw a talented roster...and was only off by a year.

He got real lucky that Jim was coaching down the road at Stanford. And now he's running him off because he hasn't already produced the Super Bowl that was commanded. Then what will the 49ers be left with? An aging roster and a petulant man-boy owner.

pehawk

Reaction score
He's running him off for credit and to save money. Mike Brown west.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1u152hqq said:
Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners...you're wrong, but keep trying. Baalke's drafts and free agent signings have been bad. I've said all along and continue to believe that the more Baalke picks that see the field, the worse the niners will be...no matter who is coaching.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Love it. Niners fans say Harbaugh had nothing to work with when he got there when defending him, then say Jed York and Trent Baalke stacked the roster when Singletary was coach when defending them. Go figure.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pmedic920":25xqyeln said:
Marvin49":25xqyeln said:
pmedic920":25xqyeln said:
Marvin49":25xqyeln said:
This.

Cracks me up.

Ya know what else?

Yes. Have You?

Come'on man. We just bustin' your chops.

Give the guy a few years to marinate, you'll see most likely, that you have a jerry jones 2.0 except without the Money.

I know.

I also know that looking for a realistic opinion of anything Niners on this site is a hopeless endeavor.

He's sent like 1 tweet and has nothing to do with player personnel (Jerry is the GM). All this BS is hyperbole. Nothing more.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2kbsiakk said:
Love it. Niners fans say Harbaugh had nothing to work with when he got there when defending him, then say Jed York and Trent Baalke stacked the roster when Singletary was coach when defending them. Go figure.

Show me where I said Harbaugh had nothing and then I'll take your post seriously. Until then...not so much.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3msin16x said:
He's running him off for credit and to save money. Mike Brown west.

BS up to your eyeballs. This has NOTHING to do with money. If he's gone, its personal. That's not justification BTW because that might be worse, but it ain't about money.

If it were then the Niners wouldn't have the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the NFL.

Latest posts