Gordon

HawkSince87

Reaction score
It’s as simple as this: sometimes game plans don’t call for certain players, sometimes they do but the opposing team shuts it down, sometimes it’s just not there, I could go on and on and on and on.

It’s crazy sometimes how little sports knowledge is thrown around here sometimes.

Gordon is still a new player learning a new system. I can almost guarantee before the season is over he will have a breakout game. Something to the tune of 8 for 120 and a TD. This game just didn’t call for that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkSince87":3rrr5blk said:
It’s as simple as this: sometimes game plans don’t call for certain players, sometimes they do but the opposing team shuts it down, sometimes it’s just not there, I could go on and on and on and on.

It’s crazy sometimes how little sports knowledge is thrown around here sometimes.

Gordon is still a new player learning a new system. I can almost guarantee before the season is over he will have a breakout game. Something to the tune of 8 for 120 and a TD. This game just didn’t call for that.

I would imagine the conversation at hand is about more than just this game.

Also, insulting fellow fans who may in fact have quite a bit of knowledge isn't always a good look ;)

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm guessing he just needs more time practicing and executing with Wilson before they work him more into the offense.

Cad

Reaction score
Threedee":7kxcqrqa said:
I'm guessing he just needs more time practicing and executing with Wilson before they work him more into the offense.

Yup. Last night was only his third game with us. Give him time.

Chapow

Reaction score
Bobblehead":37rnrsnz said:
Scorpion05":37rnrsnz said:
Overreaction. There's a reason why offseason matters. I think fans tend to underestimate how hard it is to just come in and light it up. Give it time, we should know by now that Pete brings players along carefully to build confidence. He doesn't rush success

Maybe, but there are good receivers that come in and have no problems with picking up the system. Sanders from Denver to SF comes to mind. I can also see it if we are so dependent on specific timing routes, yes in that case QBto WR would take some time to develop. Gordon on the other hand has been an elite receiver and really, if he's open, he's open and Russ should see it on one of his progressions.

On the other hand, the 49ers gave up both a 3rd and a 4th round pick in next years draft for Sanders. We picked up Gordon off the waiver wire.

Gordon was basically a "if we get any contribution from him at all it's a bonus and if not, no big deal" type of pick up.

chris98251

Reaction score
They will unleash the go route at some point, he is young and has not lost his speed, he just isn't show casing it yet. WR's like him keep most their speed unless they have had leg injuries. He was fast and he knows how to separate, his highlight reels were deep routes.

You know how Pete works a bit at a time, think of it this way, Brown had not been targeted till last night since week 6 they said on the broadcast.

Latest posts